What's cooking?

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Posted Images

2 hours ago, gnipper said:

Does the pheasant work well in the slow cooker or dry out? I've got access to enough free pre packed pheasant and partridge fillets to last my family the year without having to buy chicken but they won't eat it and they wouldn't fall for it either if I tried to sneak it in a curry or summat.

I'm in the same position. Thinking of getting a good mincer and adding some pork and trying sausages 

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

I'm in the same position. Thinking of getting a good mincer and adding some pork and trying sausages 

It works but plain pork are better imo. I've never had a dog that would eat pheasant either and the ferrets can only eat so many.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, gnipper said:

Does the pheasant work well in the slow cooker or dry out? I've got access to enough free pre packed pheasant and partridge fillets to last my family the year without having to buy chicken but they won't eat it and they wouldn't fall for it either if I tried to sneak it in a curry or summat.

Low and slow and it comes out nice and tender, I reckon you need to stick to a traditional recipe to get best taste.

That said deep-fried cubed chunks in breadcrumbs with a few chilli flakes makes for a good tasty meal. The kids like that one with a few chips 👍

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Personally I'd ban pheasant shooting, they taste rubbish and only toffs want to stand on a peg all day. 

When I do pheasants on the smoker I only do them for cold meats , I think pheasant tastes much nicer cold and sliced,  my workmates always roll their eyes when I say I've got smoked pheasant today in my pack up 😆 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Personally I'd ban pheasant shooting, they taste rubbish and only toffs want to stand on a peg all day. 

roasted pheasant made with proper gravy and served with in season vedge ..sherried and buttered carrots is surblime

the pheasant must be stuffed with homemade stuffing and fresh herbs and the gravy made with the lights boiled lights of the bird and gravy powder and a spoy of sherry...and the bird must be roasted with strips of streaky bacon on the breast

2 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Nooooo. I live on pheasant. 

I eat very little farm produced meat . I mainly eat game that I shoot myself. 

Admittedly I don't stand on a peg to shoot it.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, mel b said:

Ok. 

Kanny, Dutchman and Mel, I'm prepared to off you a special permit to shoot pheasant. 

1 hour ago, mel b said:

and we all know what"peg" you like mr mel:laugh:..and you wont be standing on it ...more sitting on it