What's cooking?

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Made a few pies today, mince and onion for me and a couple of blackberry pies from harvesting out the back.

Gave a blackberry pie to next door as she's on crutches for 5 months after breaking her leg in 2 places and he's recently had his colon out 😱 

I'm the one that's supposed to be ill FFS 👍 

Cheers, D.

IMG_20231217_131123_hdr.jpg

well ......a pie aint going to be any bloody use to him....a bucket of greul would be kinder

i would have them pies with loads of clotted cream...

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

My missus is in Vienna with friends doing some Christmas shopping, I’ve been busy today , so I’m ashamed to say it was half an Asda cooked chicken, microwave chips and a tin of peas for my dinner today !

0D95CB2C-9BD9-41B0-9833-62181B9B8EF8.jpeg.1fe1e3af1216e1a496c10b8a2f354f42.jpeg

I still enjoyed it !

Cheers.

i love tinned peas:good:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Knocked up some Rabbit Pate/ Terrine but blitz it a bit more. Three on the right have the livers heart and kidneys fried up with some onions in it.

IMG_2495.jpeg.feb2be0c654b02559f54e6ed141bd1e8.jpeg

Sort of followed the recipe.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

It's sustainable, healthy and, above all, tasty, so it's hard to fathom why rabbit is still such an underused meat

Cheers Arry

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Arry said:

Knocked up some Rabbit Pate/ Terrine but blitz it a bit more. Three on the right have the livers heart and kidneys fried up with some onions in it.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

It's sustainable, healthy and, above all, tasty, so it's hard to fathom why rabbit is still such an underused meat

Cheers Arry

Good effort H, keep it up…..I like a rabbit kidney with a fry up of a Sunday morning .

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Arry said:

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Cheers Arry

I do like rabbit liver - lighty fried in butter with English mustard when I get back home :good:

The dogs love the kidneys, heart and lungs as a treat - they go nuts over the game bag when I get home.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

I do like rabbit liver - lighty fried in butter with English mustard when I get back home :good:

The dogs love the kidneys, heart and lungs as a treat - they go nuts over the game bag when I get home.

Aye, a little liver or kidney with something to spice it up…..

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Cant beat Fresh rabbit livers,diced wood pigeon with some wild garlic on a kebab stick roasted on an open fire👌...always used to stop mid day and have a cook up ,when out ferretting with the lads👍DSC00960.JPG.4e9385fb8ff3450a2991a35077fa987a.JPG1526032833_BlackheartsDogs016.jpg.a8817548a11a443ff57d231062de5745.jpg

• Like 11
4 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Cant beat Fresh rabbit livers,diced wood pigeon with some wild garlic on a kebab stick roasted on an open fire👌...always used to stop mid day and have a cook up ,when out ferretting with the lads👍DSC00960.JPG.4e9385fb8ff3450a2991a35077fa987a.JPG1526032833_BlackheartsDogs016.jpg.a8817548a11a443ff57d231062de5745.jpg

Used to do rabbit like that mate when out eel fishing, also used to go duck shooting the night before going pike fishing and when cast out the rods, time to pluck and then roast over a fire, some good grub

• Like 4

watched this thread right from the start and have to say you regular james martins are fly cheating bandits, their is no way on gods earth are you coming home after a hard shift and cooking up a mitchilen standard meal, some even have the gall to say theyre using some left overs from the day before, no you are taking pics out of recipe books and posting as your own except mack he doesnt claim to cook he just eats out three times a day a habit of the very rich, now if by chance im wrong(it would be a first)you can send samples to me, address it to my fav charity's office BSBF NORTH LANARKSHIRE SCOTLAND all samples will be tested (eaten)by a highly experienced food connissor (me). now get the take away boxes back out the bins and tell the truth.

• Haha 9