What's cooking?

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Stavross said:

?? me old man used to do me and him spam fitters, fried egg and real chip pan chips when I was a lad, my mam and brother wouldn’t eat it, so it was our Saturday thing ? I’m going to have to get some spam and do some reminiscing ?

I have a whole tin of that fried to myself these days..my Nana would cook it for me as a kid/teenager...Sunday night with bubble and squeak,bread with salted butter and lashings of HP fruity? ..used to love Pek sandwiches with Branstan pickle too ?

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, Stavross said:

?? me old man used to do me and him spam fitters, fried egg and real chip pan chips when I was a lad, my mam and brother wouldn’t eat it, so it was our Saturday thing ? I’m going to have to get some spam and do some reminiscing ?

I think that's exactly it mate - a flavour from a simpler time :thumbs:

• Like 1

Spicy chicken, courgette and tomato pasta, bit of garlic bread only thing that’s a bit spicy the missus will eat, said she’d eat spam fritters though, apparently her mam used to do them for her, god only knows what they were like, that woman can cook the sh*t out of water, whenever we went for Sunday dinner I’d always ask if I needed to bring a straw for the veg ? Sunday dinner soap ?

9B1580EC-61E9-46C7-80BE-C38534F5B4F2.jpeg

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Spicy chicken, courgette and tomato pasta, bit of garlic bread only thing that’s a bit spicy the missus will eat, said she’d eat spam fritters though, apparently her mam used to do them for her, god only knows what they were like, that woman can cook the sh*t out of water, whenever we went for Sunday dinner I’d always ask if I needed to bring a straw for the veg ? Sunday dinner soap ?

9B1580EC-61E9-46C7-80BE-C38534F5B4F2.jpeg

I could it that right now ?

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I have a whole tin of that fried to myself these days..my Nana would cook it for me as a kid/teenager...Sunday night with bubble and squeak,bread with salted butter and lashings of HP fruity? ..used to love Pek sandwiches with Branstan pickle too ?

You have the most exquisite palate ,like a Welsh Michel roux! ?

What the fkuc is pek? 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Chopped pork in a tin, a deliciously ?

Are you from the north-east? We used to get tins of pek at Christmas, probably donated by rich Southern kids so us biafra northern kids had something to look forward to on that special day in December. 

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, mackem said:

Are you from the north-east? We used to get tins of pek at Christmas, probably donated by rich Southern kids so us biafra northern kids had something to look forward to on that special day in December. 

Hahaha, yeah, Stockton, chopped pork sandwich was a proper treat on Boxing Day ?

• Haha 1
Just now, Stavross said:

Hahaha, yeah, Stockton, chopped pork sandwich was a proper treat on Boxing Day ?

Wasn't it just, I remember my nana saying pek was just for Christmas because it was a special treat ?

• Haha 2