Autistic kids

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Animals are a gift for my lad mate, it relaxes him and he just likes being with them.  

One thing to remember is that autism is a huge spectrum disorder.  It hugely effects people in different ways , My little girl was diagnosed with an ASD and i wasnt happy about it. I thought they

I have a lad 13 and girl 9 with autism.Can identify with a lot of things in this thread.A lot of the time it’s a bloody struggle but they are your kids and you do all can to help them cope with their

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

How old is he Eddie? Is he keen on the dogs? 

He is six, seven next April. He loves the dogs, and I get him out for walks with the terrier as much as possible. He is fairly severe mind, so I don't know if bringing him hunting or fishing will ever be possible. I'll just have to hope and see how it goes, over the next few years. 

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Don’t think you should keep him in a run though mate ?

He spent the summer in the dog run mate, no joke. I knew if I put up a picture, some smart arse would nail me with that one lol

A well, might as well stick one up lol

Screenshot_20201204-162418_Photos.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
13 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

As long as the wee man is happy who gives a flying fcuk what anybody says, let the lad do as he pleases ?

Exactly. He likes the tv too much, but i get him outside every chance I get. He'll sit out with that dog for hours. I am very tempted to get him a dog for indoors, but don't know if I have the patience.

1 hour ago, EDDIE B said:

He spent the summer in the dog run mate, no joke. I knew if I put up a picture, some smart arse would nail me with that one lol

A well, might as well stick one up lol

Screenshot_20201204-162418_Photos.jpg

He's happy the dog is happy win win there mate..a little terrier in the house for him next ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, EDDIE B said:

He is six, seven next April. He loves the dogs, and I get him out for walks with the terrier as much as possible. He is fairly severe mind, so I don't know if bringing him hunting or fishing will ever be possible. I'll just have to hope and see how it goes, over the next few years. 

Fair play. 

I might line my bitch next year, if I do I'll remind you that you need a pup for him ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
20 hours ago, king said:

My knowledge of it is.as they got older they manage it better themselves.probably likened to learning something like an instrument.the more you are dealing or learning something the better you get at it.

But seem to blend in a bit almost mimicking the behaviour of normal folk around them.

My lad is 19 now.he came off medication 2yrs ago.and has really surprised me and the wife with how he's relaxed in every day life..

Won't look me in the eye though or anyone else.talking to people I seem to get the feeling they think he's ignorant.but he's not. 

Your oldest lad king is he the one that come down to pick the battery uo with you. It was his birthday If memory serves me right.

12 minutes ago, trigger2 said:

Your oldest lad king is he the one that come down to pick the battery uo with you. It was his birthday If memory serves me right.

You got a good memory mate.yea that was the lad ? yes it was his birthday aswell.

55 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Fair play. 

I might line my bitch next year, if I do I'll remind you that you need a pup for him ?

Just when you think that the modern world has nothing to offer bar greed and hatred, and everything seems to have  gone to shit, someone comes along with a gesture as kind as this, that reminds you that all is not lost. DIDO.1, thank you so much. That means a lot to me, it really does. 

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, king said:

You got a good memory mate.yea that was the lad ? yes it was his birthday aswell.

He seemed comfortable enough at my place, I would never in a million years of thought the lad was nothing but normal healthy young lad