Autistic kids

23 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

That goes back to education or lack of it .

The upper class are less likely to eat junk food as a daily staple and life choice .

I've always said this. Eduction should include life skills, kids should do at least a couple hours of real cooking classes each week. Get these kids down the market and butchers, grocers and fishmongers. Teach em how to buy and prepare food 

• Like 2

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Animals are a gift for my lad mate, it relaxes him and he just likes being with them.  

One thing to remember is that autism is a huge spectrum disorder.  It hugely effects people in different ways , My little girl was diagnosed with an ASD and i wasnt happy about it. I thought they

I have a lad 13 and girl 9 with autism.Can identify with a lot of things in this thread.A lot of the time it’s a bloody struggle but they are your kids and you do all can to help them cope with their

Posted Images

1 minute ago, DIDO.1 said:

I've always said this. Eduction should include life skills, kids should do at least a couple hours of real cooking classes each week. Get these kids down the market and butchers, grocers and fishmongers. Teach em how to buy and prepare food 

its the parents that make the food choices for kids, 

28 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

This has really only came about the last 40-50 years 

Is pesticides and insecticides ‘ steroids ect playing a part .

Again with education and money the upper class have more chances of eating cleaner re organic ect 

Most working class don’t eat much fruit and veg ect never mind organic

Its Iceland shite / frozen ect and junk food re takeaways .

What you are going on about has absolutely nothing to do with Autism.

There are so many things I could say about what you are writing it’s just not true but not on this thread I won’t.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, WILF said:

What you are going on about has absolutely nothing to do with Autism.

There are so many things I could say about what you are writing it’s just not true but not on this thread I won’t.

Your probably correct and I do know lots of children who eat really healthy diets and are on the spectrum including my step son. But I think there is an argument that long term these chemicals and additives going into the food chain having a long term effect on many things to do with health. 

Sorry lads, but I have never been a professional victim and I have not heard many other people who have children with autism crack on like that either.

What does playing the pansy little blame game achieve ?

Its not going to make my boy put on a t shirt with a label in or not change his fork for every single different item on his plate.

Its not going to stop Blackmags boy feeling frustrated and getting angry at situations he finds overwhelming.

Downsouth daughter isn’t suddenly going to become some gregarious outgoing type.

Our kids are special in their own way and I wouldn’t change it for the world, I’m a better person because of my little lad and I’m sure all the other dads would say the same.

Finding a “why” achieves nothing because personally I don’t even care.

If you want to have a conversation about the breakdown of family, values, eating habits and why 2 parents have to work and we are being fed mass produced shit then we can do that and it’s very relevant.

But it’s not relevant to Autism.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5
2 minutes ago, WILF said:

Sorry lads, but I have never been a professional victim and I have not heard many other people who have children with autism crack on like that either.

What does playing the pansy little blame game achieve ?

Its not going to make my boy put on a t shirt with a label in or not change his fork for every single different item on his plate.

Its not going to stop Blackmags boy feeling frustrated and getting angry at situations he finds overwhelming.

Downsouth daughter isn’t suddenly going to become some gregarious outgoing type.

Our kids are special in their own way and I wouldn’t change it for the world, I’m a better person because of my little lad and I’m sure all the other dads would say the same.

Finding a “why” achieves nothing because personally I don’t even care.

If you want to have a conversation about the breakdown of family, values, eating habits and why 2 parents have to work and we are being fed mass produced shit then we can do that and it’s very relevant.

But it’s not relevant to Autism.

mate folk aint knocking it  atall  its human nature to ask why   :good:

• Like 1
Just now, riohog said:

mate folk aint knocking it  atall  its human nature to ask why   :good:

I understand that mate but sometimes there ain’t a “why”, some things just are.

Its looking for a why that drives people mad ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

It’s not garbage at all ‘ Old money equates to better education across the board and thus Lifestyle choices are better engrained  from an early age .

They are not living on cheap foodstuffs and takeaways .

For the best part they ain’t overweight slobs .

They tend to live longer healthier lives .

FACT ?

That’s got nothing at all to do with diet . 

Have and have nots is of such inconsequence in this world   With the ability to better you and yours life. 

a man makes his own way 

yet you sit and say wilf ran away from here when he did exactly what your preaching . 

absolute back to front 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Then that comes down to  generational behaviour and probable education or lack of it .

Younger generations are generally more quick fix want it now types ?

Life doesn’t allow you to sit as a family but that’s through choice . 

Why do you need to sit and eat in your phone or a device each ? 

that’s purely a life choice again . 

1 minute ago, maxhardcore said:

So I will ask again has there been a study to see if there is a bigger percentage working class kids Autistic than Upper Class kids ?

Right, let me entertain you for a second.

Say there was such a study and there was a difference......what then?

What do you suggest ?

23 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Wilf just had a quick read there and some research now advocating certain foods are 

seen as better for kids that are autistic ?

Fruit - Veg - Lean poultry and to stay away from foods with preservatives - colourings ect ect  Drinking plenty water.

50 years ago there weren’t many foodstuffs with flavourings and colours and additives and most folk drank water not Pop - Coke ect ect .

Makes you wonder the long term impact of all these energy drinks will have .

Especially kids knocking them back ?

Foods without additives and drinking plenty of water is good for everyone not just kids with autism.

I don’t think there are going to be many parents of kids with autism feeding them can after can of red bull and sweets.

However my boy will only eat certain things and those things can change like the weather.

If one week he dont want to eat say cabbage and all you had was cabbage he would literally starve to death before he would eat any......his mind just won’t let him.

So yeah, some study or the other can state the obvious but if that don’t work in practice then it’s useless.

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

So I will ask again has there been a study to see if there is a bigger percentage working class kids Autistic than Upper Class kids ?

I'd say the class system has pretty much gone. You're either born into land owning/big business etc types or you're working. Not so much upper, middle, working anymore. Probably a topic for another thread though.

• Like 1