to have the corvid jab or not

1 hour ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

I agree with your analysis there. It's just when all an interviewer does is 'attack attack attack' then there's no room for a debate or info to flow. When you see him interviewing Farage and other reasonable people, his true position becomes clear and imo can't be relied upon. Who can be relied on though lol

I can only make a judgement on what I see, hear and read, of course they ALL allow their own beliefs to impinge on an interview, some far more than others.

So, in my opinion, ( and I respect everyone's right to an opinion), Neil is far and away the best political interviewer.

Cheers.

• Like 2

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You said "end of thread "and then carried on 

Just to show it’s not all doom and gloom my daughter has been nominated and won a local hero award for her work through the pandemic, we may not believe all the shit being pumped at us on the news but

Crack on then you Guinean pig but just respect people’s wishes not to, it’s not rocket science and like a typical little lefty you have to throw in the little snide ONLY SENSIBLE PEOPLE LIKE ME, quip

Posted Images

23 hours ago, chartpolski said:

UK passports have had a "biometric chip" in them for ten years, containing your "personal information".

I don't know what information that is, but I assume it would be very easy to add more information to it.

Cheers.

They can add anything they want to the data set stored on the chip mate. That's the plan for it. To hold all bio data such as DNA, blood type, iris scan etc all boils down to what they can get away with ;)

21 hours ago, NEWKID said:

I'm not disputing that, who runs the world is beyond my comprehension or control....

My point is, and you are avoiding it very well...is if other countries enforce covid vaccines for travel it will put all of us who need to travel in a predicament...and I think you are one of those..as am I because a lot of my work is now overseas....I dont have to travel, but it would certainly make my life easier... I would imagine for the good of your family you have to travel?

I had to travel internationally just for work, over 10 times in 2019. Last year twice (Jan). When this is all over and we return to a semblance of normality, I want to be able to travel to clients, wherever they may be and not have to be bothered. So if a country says it's a requirement, then so be it ?‍♂️

4 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

I keep hearing this rumours of no second jab but a friend of ours is administering the jabs and she said she is all booked for her second jab

Spoke with my 86 year old grandma yesterday, she has her second jab booked for next week ?‍♂️

• Like 1
2 hours ago, chartpolski said:

I've just said to my missus " I wish Andrew Neil's GB News would hurry up and get on line", maybe, just maybe, we will then get a news channel that gives a balanced reporting of the news.

Sky News has just said " ferry and tunnel traffic to France are going smoothly and as normal......BUT sources have said this may just be the calm before the storm"

WTF ? 

Are they NEVER going to accept the fact they were wrong, and Brexit ISN'T the disaster they hoped for ?

Cheers.

Enjoy?

8 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

And 98% still survive lol

How do you measure the worth of those at extreme risk?

This thread is very busy and you probably missed it, no worries, but how do you measure the worth of those that will be effected by the virus?

44 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

How do you measure the worth of those at extreme risk?

This thread is very busy and you probably missed it, no worries, but how do you measure the worth of those that will be effected by the virus?

Exactly,tho theres nothing to measure,abortion is legal,they dont give two fucks chris,simple mate

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Francie said:

Exactly,tho theres nothing to measure,abortion is legal,they dont give two fucks chris,simple mate

Who doesn't?

I'm asking max, and anyone else, how you measure the risk associated with letting the virus rip through the most vulnerable community? I don't get on as much as I used to up, and you may have answered this, but do you distance? Mask up? What worth do you put on your elderly neighbours/relatives? I know you're anti-vaccine, and that's entirely up to you but do you take any precautions at all to stop potentially endangering anyone?

That risk would depend on where you live Chris .Where I live I’m afraid it’s  carry on as normal mostly ,old young and middle aged .We just ain’t seeing it happening .If I lived in a city ,not that I would ,my outlook might be different if it was indeed ripping through the population .

We are being pitted against one another mate ,shamed almost daily in the news by those who flout the rules without ever being brought to task ,

We really ,really don’t know what the hell to believe any more to the point its f**k it ,carry on .

We have designated COVID hospital  built that are empty and so say wards in general hospitals that are bursting yet no pics of same .

Is it no wonder there are conspiracy theories about ,conspiracies no government member has ever refuted .

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Who doesn't?

I'm asking max, and anyone else, how you measure the risk associated with letting the virus rip through the most vulnerable community? I don't get on as much as I used to up, and you may have answered this, but do you distance? Mask up? What worth do you put on your elderly neighbours/relatives? I know you're anti-vaccine, and that's entirely up to you but do you take any precautions at all to stop potentially endangering anyone?

Haha I'm not anti vaccine chris,I'm sceptical of this covid vaccine tho.

Most wear masks in shops round here,I wear a snood when iv to go inside to work,I meet some amount of people during the week threw work,then I'm on call to sanitise buildings through out nw of ireland,the fire stations are the busiest,so i been in places were covid is,f**k it,dont want to catch it but I'm not freaking out,what will be will be.

44 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

That risk would depend on where you live Chris

Absolutely. I can't argue with that at all. Risk is everywhere and we all have to calculate that as individuals. I know my risk is low. Same with my immediate family. My parents are in the highly elevated risk group through their age. My mother and father in law are in the extreme risk group because of their advanced ages and underlying health conditions. My neighbours are a combination of all factors, it's killed my grandad and my mam's neighbour (both in their 90's) and this is all playing out in both rural and urban areas on two continents. That's for me personally. The people I know that have been exposed to this virus either had the sniffles or it killed them, with pretty much every combination inbetween.

For me it's about mitigating the risk. I've been distancing and masking up and I've no worries about getting a jab when it becomes available. I just read some of the comments on here, and elsewhere, from people who are extremely paranoid about dying from it to those that believe it's a hoax. I know we all fall somewhere in the spectrum.

The question was about what those vulnerable members of society are worth somewhere in that spectrum. Simply opening the floodgates with an apparent return to normal isn't an option IMHO. But then neither is a draconian restriction on everyone else. I've disagreed with state mandated lockdowns from the off but I also can't get on board with just saying f*ck it to those that can't handle it will have to suffer the consequences, either.

What are the lives worth of this vulnerable member of society? It may have a 98+% survival rate but have we really reached the point where we're willing to discard the other 2% so we can continue consuming the way we've done for the last 30 years?

29 minutes ago, Francie said:

Haha I'm not anti vaccine chris,I'm sceptical of this covid vaccine tho.

Fair comment, mate. From some of your previous posts I got another impression. Thanks for the correction! :thumbs:

30 minutes ago, Francie said:

Most wear masks in shops round here,I wear a snood when iv to go inside to work,I meet some amount of people during the week threw work,then I'm on call to sanitise buildings through out nw of ireland,the fire stations are the busiest,so i been in places were covid is,f**k it,dont want to catch it but I'm not freaking out,what will be will be.

I'm the same mate. I'm not particularly worried about catching it, and not utterly convinced I haven't already had it, but then if I haven't had it already I don't particularly want it either. I'm taking preventive measures but they're no more extreme than I have been doing for years. The only major difference is the shemagh I have when I'm at work or near other people.

My concern is with passing it on to those that don't have that 98% survivability and I'm trying to find out what the THL consensus is on what their lives are worth?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Let those at risk shield / isolate indoors if they want to .

Keep the hands - face - space in place till those that are wanting  the jab are jabbed .

Utilise the Nightingales so that there is no cross contamination between both staff or patients .

Keep pubs / Resturaunts / gyms open so long as they are strict re hands / face / space as it’s no more a risk than folk going to work  in other industries ect 

It might just also stop as many people gathering in homes drinking where imo there will be less  hands face space and more people catching it in those situations.

Get those who want the vax done and dusted them craic on.

Keep the Covid patients separate from regular hospitals so they can do their job saving those with cancer ‘heart disease ‘strokes and all manor of other ailments .

I can't argue with that Max but it's very utopian, granted you've not been given that option over there. This side of the Atlantic the lockdowns have been pretty sparse since the initial outbreak, yet we're over 330k cases. We have a robust private sector medical system that has shown about the same ability to cope as your public sector system.

In a perfect world your solution would be something I'd agree to but with the amount of f*ckery in play we're both having a rough time of it. Given that solution how would you suggest we get there given the current circumstances? Bearing in mind the people making these decisions are clearly incompetent.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Let those at risk shield / isolate indoors if they want to .

Keep the hands - face - space in place till those that are wanting  the jab are jabbed .

Utilise the Nightingales so that there is no cross contamination between both staff or patients .

Keep pubs / Resturaunts / gyms open so long as they are strict re hands / face / space as it’s no more a risk than folk going to work  in other industries ect 

It might just also stop as many people gathering in homes drinking where imo there will be less  hands face space and more people catching it in those situations.

Get those who want the vax done and dusted them craic on.

Keep the Covid patients separate from regular hospitals so they can do their job saving those with cancer ‘heart disease ‘strokes and all manor of other ailments .

Whuan seemed to have a pretty normal new year how did they get on top of it all ?

How do you keep covid out of hospitals if they are running normally? 

Where does the extra staff come from? 

2 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

We have no choice at ground level ‘ the consequences going forward socially and economically will out weigh the actually Covid imo .

Its been handled how it has for reasons beyond the layman’s control .

Why is China as populated as it is got on top of it all ?

We do have choices but aside from getting rid of the drunken crew that's steering this ship no one really seems to want to adopt the preventative measures, en masse, to get us heading in the right direction. This side of the Atlantic our shepherd hardly mentions it and constantly contradicts people who a much better idea about it than he does and that's just a glimpse of what a sh*t state we're in.

I agree with what you're saying about how it's been handled but surely we have to agree as citizens that if we don't do something differently, and for the better, this sh*t is going to rage on for a good while, and all in a way that will kill a decent enough number of people that it probably shouldn't. I want to know if we can minimize that number without f*ck*ng it up for everyone else in the process. Nothing I've seen on either side of the Atlantic seems to be able to get a grip on that despite chucking money at it in a way that would indeed make those drunken sailors blush.

I'm extremely skeptical of any information coming out of Wuhan, and China in general. The eyeroll is implied from any state run media. Corporate news is bad. State news is complete bollocks until proven otherwise.