Fit dogs

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my little brindle bitch was pretty fit in this pic....she's also fairly easy to keep reasonably fit..  

Posted Images

Back in his day he was out 4 to 5 times a week all season, season after season he was the fittest dog that I will ever own as I simply don't have the time to be out that much no more. He didn't look muscled up like some do but he could run forever slip after slip first pic was last year 2nd about 8 year ago ?‍♂️

20180930_160649.jpg.55cf2a3facf77ac3f6bec25ebc917f9f.jpgIMG_0361.JPG.9deac2ede0f5040e560bd3ea397b776e.JPG

• Like 8
1 hour ago, C.green said:

Not many lurchers around like that now. Real nice animal

Thank you, he was a nice animal, not the best but I enjoyed owning him and we got on.
£40 token payment towards rearing the pups is what he cost me and that was only because I insisted ! Lol 

The lads that bred the litter went off to Africa gold mining and phoned me up for a lining, I didn’t think he had done enough of was good enough for it so I declined.

They wanted to take the pups out there to run Dik Dik and stuff like that.

• Haha 1
41 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

I think I know that crazy young guy...mad for it? 

Very nice lad mate, friend of a friend type thing.

I picked him up in Hampshire from a girl that bred or trained polo ponies.....you may know who that is but I’m buggered if I can remember all their names, which tends to be the case with nice people.

• Like 1
On 24/11/2020 at 08:27, poxon said:

I know mate bull blooded are one that always looks fit when there not but it’d be nice to see some running fit dog pics all the same fella especially from people on here that give it the big un all the time that peoples dogs ain’t worked enough surly they can set the standard of what a fit dog should look like 

This wee Brindle Merle bitch certainly looked the part and she was always a trier,..sadly she never made the cut ...?

I've owned several lurchers that had 'Hard Blood Whippet /Grey  genes and they invariably sported a six pack kinda physique. 

Fabulous to look at, and relatively easy to keep conditioned and looking like Page Three stunners....?

However, it is far harder trying to get the various Herding composites to look the part...more so if they are F.1 Hybrids..

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 10
On 25/11/2020 at 16:23, OldPhil said:

Yes, you are right Wilf...?

Smashing, crazy young guy, we had some good hunts on the deer together, but he was just too young and too keen,.. for me...

That ship sailed a long time ago,...nowadays, I am just an old Moucher,...I'll leave the mad-cap antics and killing sessions, to the young bucks..?

Was that youn xxxx Phil ?

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 2
On 25/11/2020 at 16:41, chartpolski said:

Was that young xxxxx, Phil ?

Cheers.

That’s the fella, thank you mate 

I think his dad owned an airline or something.......as you do ! Lol ? 

• Haha 1