Fit dogs

15 minutes ago, poxon said:

Not beating round the bush ?no one in particular but over the summer I kept seeing on here real dog man speeches from real dog men! just thought the times nice to see some pictures but then again I’m sure I’ve seen some real dog man speeches from you in the past I’m guilty of it my self ?? wouldn’t hurt to bang a picture or two up of your up an coming dog up as it should have a bit of fitness in it by now I know you said you not at it as much as you once were but who gives a feck this thread was done to see some dogs either fit or coming in to fitness 

I’m guilty of that myself I think a lot of dogs bred aren’t ran enough, unfortunately I can’t put a picture of my fit dog up as my young one broke his neck in October at 18 months old leaving me with just a pup. Picture on the hill was a week before he died, and 2nd picture is the young pup, 6 months old next week, she’s bred out of the white dogs half sister. 

14F34BE4-C58E-4F55-832D-0FFB2167958D.jpeg

4B778140-C6A1-43F3-89F0-09FFA22B0E33.jpeg

Edited by Shadow100
  • Like 7

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my little brindle bitch was pretty fit in this pic....she's also fairly easy to keep reasonably fit..  

Posted Images

DSC_0979.JPG.ef42321620fdb2f9f053a57fc3d1986c.JPG

Bitch I got now you would have to starve to get her looking like my old smooth bitch, I prefer them to have a back on them. Some dogs hold their shape/fitness better. Tried this bitch lighter for this season.... She's smashing down alot more grub so back to how she was, she got enough in the tank for what I use her for, mooching about and knocking over the odd big lads for the freezer ?

sketch-1604101044417.png

• Like 11
10 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

What’s a real dog man speech? ?I know guys who make me look a part timer, am I know guys who make me look like I know my shit?truth is tho mate I do what I want when I want, don’t ask for anybody’s praise or shorty comments am very rarely post about being out due to the shite folk get on this site. Iv got a first season dog here just turned 12 month, she has been out 3 an 4 time’s a week on lamp but wasn’t anywhere near a whole night in lamp, few confidence building runs an a bit educating, nowt serious as like k said she 12 month old haha I also lost all me lamping gear when me car got washed away, an bitch has been in season so only been out couple time’s past few weeks works a mates dog, don’t worry tho I nowt to hide an your more than welcome to come see got yourself what I got an what I do ??

Didn’t need ya life story just wanted to appreciate some pictures of your dog that your happy with fella ??Looks well??

• Haha 3
36 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

I had a dog out of romeo that looked bursting fit all year round, even after a 10 week lay off it looked immaculate but that was mainly due to its skin & coat being so thin you could nearly see every muscle fiber. I prefer a rough coated dog myself and I don’t really go in for this ripped condition some people like to have their dogs in, I like a bit of a back on them, stands them in good sted for a long day/night in bad weather.

Mate of mine has a coursing bred dog you’d think to look at it the dog was out every day & night but it’s lucky to get 1 run a week, just genetics.

Lol you sound like me old lady shadow she 74 now been been about lurchers she was a Bain 

she hates any more than a couple ribs and likes abit of arse to them lol leave it to rest a few days more doesn’t matter it’s eating twice a day until it’s full the works taking more out then you can put in I’ve had some arguments with her lol

Surely it depends on the abundance of game you have access to? When we have gone upto the Highlands you could get 50/100 runs a night no problem 7 days a week... No dog is gonna run those Numbers every night, every other then yes.... Local I don't see 10 rabbits so dogs never gonna burn out, but I still wouldn't run them more than 3 nights a week... I've had terriers that were good for 3/5 digs a day,take what ever is thrown at them... will go the next day no problem even when sore.... Only a prick would use them without a proper rest and the correct meds... 716133155_2016-02-2120_52_29.jpg.dedaabadee9b354a55c3e3988ebf5230.jpg

• Like 12
3 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Surely it depends on the abundance of game you have access to? When we have gone upto the Highlands you could get 50/100 runs a night no problem 7 days a week... No dog is gonna run those Numbers every night, every other then yes.... Local I don't see 10 rabbits so dogs never gonna burn out, but I still wouldn't run them more than 3 nights a week... I've had terriers that were good for 3/5 digs a day,take what ever is thrown at them... will go the next day no problem even when sore.... Only a prick would use them without a proper rest and the correct meds... 716133155_2016-02-2120_52_29.jpg.dedaabadee9b354a55c3e3988ebf5230.jpg

Highlands rabbit heaven ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, C.green said:

Show us what your idea of fit is poxon ?

Nice bit of bait there shall I have a nibble! tryin to set me up like I’m trying to grade other people’s dogs for them ffs lol ?  I’ll leave that to you pall! I’ve asked for pictures of fit dogs no tricks no hidden agendas  it’s nice to see em an the time of year where dogs are pulling a bit o fitness being the hunting season after all??‍♂️I’ll leave a picture of my young un it’s her first season grade a way fella  ??I’m happy with her she’ll bush,ferret,an lamp for me seems to be caching well enough for me an likes a crack at a few other bits an bobs ?Ps you’ve probably already seen this picture but I’ll put it up so you can pick some holes in my dog an tell me it’s no good an the rest of the hunting life for my needs fire away fella 

05B8A0AF-25D9-436C-9F57-932663BFD8D1.jpeg

• Like 5

A lot of fitness is internal, can’t be seen by looking at a picture, how many dogs do you see at shows looking like an oil painting, jogged for miles & diets strictly monitored, no scars of war wounds though, fresh as the day they were born. Dogs like that always look fit, but if you saw them behind a good hare or 30 rabbits you’d see they’ve never actually been fit. 

• Like 1