4 months for badgers

8 minutes ago, WILF said:

And this is where a lack of understanding from people creeps in I think mate, it’s still not about a fight, it’s about what it’s always been about and that is a dog being able to terminate whatever it gets pointed at as quickly and efficiently as possible and if it can do that to the biggest, meanest things that can be found then it can do it to anything and that’s the dog you want to sire your litters.

Jmho uneducated opinion of course ?

I'm think the same as wilf gnash, it's not a fight, the dog has to kill the animal not fight with it mate. 

• Like 1

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree with JDhunting about the upside down justice system that gives more punishment for this than peados or burglary.                But there is an underlying sentiment on this thread that the o

My point is that running dogs on badgers is bad for dogs , and ultimately bad for the image of running dogs . But we don’t need to worry about it do we , because it’s banned anyway.             I’m

4 months and between 2 and 5 grand fines for knocking a pig but you can throw statues in Bristol docks with absolutely no come back......amazing ! 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

There is cruelty involved with running dogs and badgers. You can’t eat a badger and it’s a powerful animal that takes some killing

A badger isn't a running dogs job it's a terriers and  just like it's not  a lurchers  job to sort end of a dig out that part  comes down to you the amount of damage footage showing the above as done will make sure that terrier work as we once knew it will never return 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

The question has to be why film it .Bragging rights are a complete turn off for me ,we all know who does what and what their dogs do ,the filming is totally beyond me of something illegal .

The badger cull around us has totally decimated numbers .Where I used to see plenty I’m lucky to see one nowadays .If the cull hasn’t reached your area it will and the scale of slaughter is immeasurable .I think the original number was 70% of the population but I’m reliably told that’s to appease the huggers .Total eradication is the policy and implemented in most areas .Shame as I like to watch their antics of a summers evening .

The facts arnt yet out as far as I’m aware to state categorically that Tb is spread by badgers and that the cull has addressed this .

2 hours ago, chartpolski said:

We lurcher lads can be a hypocritical, judgmental lot, can't we ? LOL !

Ive allways had dogs for sport and enjoyment, with the added bonus of putting some very nice food in the freezer.

Ive never had any time for badgers; you can't eat them, they can't run very fast, they tear up your dogs and lead to big vet bills, and in the case of these lads, result in some very serious, and, in my mind, over the top punishment.

BUT, what others do for THEIR sport, is THEIR business, not mine !

As for "bringing our sport into disrepute ", give me a break, I've been in the sport well over 50 years, and it's ALLWAYS been in disrepute ! LOL !

Yes, they were stupid posting the videos, but I've been guilty of posting pics of hare, deer, fox, so, "let him without sin cast the first stone" !

Cheers.

Good post mate.. ?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Greyman said:

Funny thing I can remember saying to people when the badger protection laws came in , give it 30 years and we will be over run with them, they will become a problem, recon I can say I told you so now,?? used to love a good dig with good dogs and good lads, often have the farmer out with the backo moving earth, and it wasn’t about cruelty and baiting, the best digging dog I ever owned very rarely got bit or even engaged, she would just bay all day until you broke through and finished things off died at 9 with barely a mark on her, think if there was a bounty on them tomorrow I’d be more inclined to use some of those leggy bull types the Germans and Aussies use for doing the boar, running dogs are designed to run not fight a 40lb muscle with teeth, it’s horses for courses 

Very few weigh 40lb mate 

19 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

The question has to be why film it .Bragging rights are a complete turn off for me ,we all know who does what and what their dogs do ,the filming is totally beyond me of something illegal .

The badger cull around us has totally decimated numbers .Where I used to see plenty I’m lucky to see one nowadays .If the cull hasn’t reached your area it will and the scale of slaughter is immeasurable .I think the original number was 70% of the population but I’m reliably told that’s to appease the huggers .Total eradication is the policy and implemented in most areas .Shame as I like to watch their antics of a summers evening .

The facts arnt yet out as far as I’m aware to state categorically that Tb is spread by badgers and that the cull has addressed this .

Why film your terriers catching rats and show it off to the www?... 

• Haha 2

At the end of the day you can't whine when you get nicked for filming something illegal. 

A bunch of lads I used to go out lamping with were plastered over the pages of the News of the World in the early 90's because one of my pals mothers new bloke found the video tape and reported them. 

The naming and shaming lead to bomb threats at their houses, letters sent through the post with razor blades in supposedly laced with poison and much  more. ?

Edited by Greb147
  • Like 2

I think you have to consider a lot of folks are just not computer, internet savvy. They get these flash phones and are like kids with a new toy and just don't understand the possible comeback. Every one of us could be identified off this site if the police wanted to put in serous leg work as an example 

Edited by terryd