how hot at work

6 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

It’s been that hot here last few nights iv took to drinking an ice cold beer in the shower when I get in in middle of night. I not even a drinker but fcuk me it’s  refreshing ?

I've had a bottle of Henry westons cider every night on the way home with this heat.... Im no good for f**k all after mind?nothing quenches your thirst like the apples?

• Like 2

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spare a thought me fellas - still on furlough on full pay, sat under a parasol with a horrible cold drink in the burning sun.   It's murder I tell you - when the sun starts to set and the sm

My mate went to Ireland years ago to visit family. When he asked about Poitin, he was told 'we don't know about that around here' - the next morning, there was a couple of bottles of it on his doorste

I despise drinking out of jam jars. Every time I get served a drink over here I demand a proper glass fcjn septic tank bad etiquette  drink - glass jam - jar 

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I've had a bottle of Henry westons cider every night on the way home with this heat.... Im no good for f**k all after mind?nothing quenches your thirst like the apples?

Last time I had a good session on Henry Westons  I came over a tad 'unnecessary'!! ? .......... ??

3 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Last time I had a good session on Henry Westons  I came over a tad 'unnecessary'!! ? .......... ??

what like trying to interfere with cattle and associated live stock..in an extremely perverted way you mean..

42C in the sun earlier this week while out mole trapping. The air-con in my newer car / van isn't working properly so it has been hard going doing 200 miles and around 15 visits a day. That is being fixed today.

The number of moles trapped in the last few weeks has dropped considerably due to the ground drying up as we haven't had any real rain for four months until yesterday.  It started with a torrential downpour for over two hours then has rained non-stop all night and today. The moles are already active going my the new molehills on the dog walk so I'll expect a few more in the traps next time around.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Murder in the warehouse I work and the two young lads moaning about it being too hot I just tell them you don't know your born as it's nowt to working on a tailgate rip down the pit back in the day.??

My dad was a ripper and had the blue scars to show for it. Thankfully I didn't have to follow him dahn t'pit. When I first started work at 16 it was in a textile mill and during the three day week period when the strikes caused electricity cuts and petrol rationing. The mill was up on the tops above Cleckuddersfax and I had to get there by moped. 26 miles from home. They couldn't run the boilers for four days at a time and I was working a normal five day week. It was -7C inside the mill at one point. That was the year that Emley Moor TV mast collapsed under the weight of ice on its guide ropes.

Kids today don't know that they are born ?

Edited by Nicepix

Remember working on a building site in 76, we were walking around in 4 inches of dust. You sweat then the dust stuck to you we were caked at home time. It seemed to last so long.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
4 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Sat outside having lunch on a camping chair , 

operating 3 welding machines is a killer been having a cold thatchers when I get in , last day today only on 4 day week atm finish at 5 , then 3 day weekend ?

Sorry for been nosey FOD.

Why 3 welding machines?

Atb j