Saying white lives matter....

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who tuned into football this week ?....... I bet thousands.....hundreds of thousands, millions even......and every single one knew that the premier league were going to do all that crawl on your

Girls getting painted as a chav slag type .    couple of years back , I saw a girl i went to school with painted by the media as an absolute she devil for her actions in a reality show . She wa

Going to write same on my truck back see what happens .Cant be right that BLM is ok but WLM is illegal .Going to test that myself .We are a nation of f***ing cowards ,getting trod into oblivion .

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, delswal said:

yeah I can see why Max jumped ship and moved out and supports Sunderland, not really a bad move so he aint that daft ...........except he should have chosen Newcastle over Sunderland, now thats a MASSIVE CLUB  

We all know that del I don't see  no toon lot shitting in there seats or fountains Donald as got them 2  Wembley finals in a season admittedly they lost both ? more than any recent chairman has yet they still hound him after everything he's done for them wait till the arabs take over and a load jump over again just like the king kev days and all saying max included we have always supported the toon 

17 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Learn about the history of Sunderland AFC Support ?

I know the history sing the name of a paedophile who played for you sang the name of a player under investigation for sexual assault sang the names of young players who filmed there group sex with a young lass say no more ?

37 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Both grandparents on my mother's side were Sunderland born and bred ' some with direct links to the river wear and shipbuilding .

And on both father and mother's side Red And White thru and thru.

That makes no sense at all ?

Wanna talk English? 

10 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Learn about the history of Sunderland AFC Support ?

Traditionaly drew its numbers from Co Durhams Coal Fields and as the River Wear runs thru the County and Durham City wrapping itself around the Ancient Durham Cathederal .

Both grandparents on my mother's side were Sunderland born and bred ' some with direct links to the river wear and shipbuilding .

And on both father and mother's side Red And White thru and thru.

Sunderland was once part of the county of Durham before the formation of Tyne and Wear.

As was Hartlepool before the formation of Cleveland .

Thus ' Ye Old Durham's ' Belle View.

But as you know Yakkers wernt going to be supporting Harrlepools United back when.

And the Mackem Concept is quite new.

I remember All NE were Geordies till the Mags tarnished it ?

Bound to have been a few Newcastle United fans in there somewhere, after all, the NE has always been a rich tapestry ! Lol lol 

(joke by the way before you get your knickers in a twist) 

11 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

I remember All NE were Geordies till the Mags tarnished it ?

Max, I'm loathe to contradict you, as I don't want to be dragged into pointless arguments, but I'd like to give my understanding of the term "Geordie";

The majority of linguists agree that the term describes people from Newcastle, not the wider Tyne & Wear, or the north east in general.

The reasoning for this goes back to the Jacobite Uprisings. The whole of the north east, including Sunderland, supported the Jacobites, apart from the city of Newcastle, who supported and fought for George of Hanover, later George the first, and were known as "George's men" or Geordies.

Another, less excepted explanation, is to do with Miners safety lamps; while the majority of pit men used the Davey Lamp, the miners of Newcastle used George Stephensons lamp, and where a miner came from could be identified by the lamp he carried.

Both instances show "Geordies " are from Newcastle.

My own experience, being from Newcastle City centre, until moved out to the suburbs in the 50's slum clearances, is that people only a few mile from the city don't consider themselves "Geordies"; talk to people from Cramlington, Bedlington, Ashington, etc and they consider themselves Northumbrians. 

Cross the river and the people of Gateshead, Ryton, Wickham, etc DO consider themselves "Geordiies", but go a few mile down the road to Washington, part of greater Sunderland, and there's a mix of geordies and Mackems, but go a bit father, Seham, Murton, etc and they'd be insulted to be called geordies !

My mate of over 40 years is a proud mackem from Farringdon, and would sneer at being called a Geordie, as would his father and grandfather have !

A little tale me dad told me when him and my uncle worked at the Shelter Deck yard on the Wear;

"when we were walking to the yard, women would come out their houses and spit on the ground and say 'Geordie b*****ds, takin the bread oot wor bairns mooths' " They certainly didn't consider themselves Geordies ! LOL !

Sorry to drone on, but I though a rebuttal was needed ! LOL 

Cheer.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 4
10 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Max, I'm loathe to contradict you, as I don't want to be dragged into pointless arguments, but I'd like to give my understanding of the term "Geordie";

The majority of linguists agree that the term describes people from Newcastle, not the wider Tyne & Wear, or the north east in general.

The reasoning for this goes back to the Jacobite Uprisings. The whole of the north east, including Sunderland, supported the Jacobites, apart from the city of Newcastle, who supported and fought for George of Hanover, later George the first, and were known as "George's men" or Geordies.

Another, less excepted explanation, is to do with Miners safety lamps; while the majority of pit men used the Davey Lamp, the miners of Newcastle used George Stephensons lamp, and where a miner came from could be identified by the lamp he carried.

Both instances show "Geordies " are from Newcastle.

My own experience, being from Newcastle City centre, until moved out to the suburbs in the 50's slum clearances, is that people only a few mile from the city don't consider themselves "Geordies"; talk to people from Cramlington, Bedlington, Ashington, etc and they consider themselves Northumbrians. 

Cross the river and the people of Gateshead, Ryton, Wickham, etc DO consider themselves "Geordiies", but go a few mile down the road to Washington, part of greater Sunderland, and there's a mix of geordies and Mackems, but go a bit father, Seham, Murton, etc and they'd be insulted to be called geordies !

My mate of over 40 years is a proud mackem from Farringdon, and would sneer at being called a Geordie, as would his father and grandfather have !

A little tale me dad told me when him and my uncle worked at the Shelter Deck yard on the Wear;

"when we were walking to the yard, women would come out their houses and spit on the ground and say 'Geordie b*****ds, takin the bread oot wor bairns mooths' " They certainly didn't consider themselves Geordies ! LOL !

Sorry to drone on, but I though a rebuttal was needed ! LOL 

Cheer.

I love local history stuff like that, when you start to delve back into the whys and wherefore of everyday British things you realise what a massively interesting country we are with history on par or even better than with any great pyramid or Taj Mahal or Rome.

I love more that people still know stuff like above, that connection to your past matters imho 

4 minutes ago, WILF said:

I love local history stuff like that, when you start to delve back into the whys and wherefore of everyday British things you realise what a massively interesting country we are with history on par or even better than with any great pyramid or Taj Mahal or Rome.

I love more that people still know stuff like above, that connection to your past matters imho 

I could spend hours explaining the bitter rivalry between Newcastle and Sunderland, but suffice to say it goes way, way, further back than football.

It involves wars including the English Civil War, The Jacobite Uprisings, The granting of coal exporting licences by King Charles, the granting of City Status, and much more.

One thing about those Mackems.......they can sure hold a grudge ! LOL !

Cheers.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, maxhardcore said:

Nice read Charts but re football and not history from the Jacobite Rising I clearly remember the chant at Roker Park late 70s early 80s

Geordies Here 

Geordies there

Geordies every fuckinh where

The term Mackem was never mentioned coined I believe no so long ago in the scheme of things.

Also back in the day a few followed both clubs depending who was playing at home .

More football fans than club fans.

Safc also has a sizeable following from Gateshead and other places you would think were traditional Newcastle strongholds so maybe it was these SAFC supporters that coined the Geordies here Geordies there terrace chant ?

It was John Hall imo who tried to glean this Geordie Nashun nonsense for Newcastle when he blocked the building of Safc new proposed stadium near Nisaan and decimated the Durham Wasps ect trying to make everything about Newcastle ect ?

Cramlington has a Sunderland supporters club, and when I attended South Shields Marine College, there were many Sunderland supporters there.

Ive little or no interest in football, I was just giving my opinion on the term "Geordie".

I was born in Gateshead, but carried over the Tyne bridge as a baby, and lived in Newcastle, apart from four years in Washington.

This is enough ammunition for my brothers and sister to rib me about being "the Mackem of the family" ! LOL !

Cheers.

57 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

And many Northumberland Towns had Safc supporters clubs

As Youv mentioned Cramlington.

The Durham Coalfields were vastly predominantly Safc till the Keegan era .

Geordie lives matter ! Lol 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, maxhardcore said:

I was up Northumberland again at the weekend Charts.

Imo the Best stretch of Coastline and Counyryside in England.

We were on the beach between Seahouses and Bamburgh Castle and a couple hours before that waiting on the tide we went to Warkworth Castle and had a stroll along the Coquet River Banks.

Plenty History up there .

Best keep it a secret from those common southern sorts.

Wouldnt waste our time on dirty northern pretend beaches ?

2 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

I was up Northumberland again at the weekend Charts.

Imo the Best stretch of Coastline and Counyryside in England.

We were on the beach between Seahouses and Bamburgh Castle and a couple hours before that waiting on the tide we went to Warkworth Castle and had a stroll along the Coquet River Banks.

Plenty History up there .

Best keep it a secret from those common southern sorts.

When we were kids, we used to have street bus trips to Roker beach........Tynemouth long sands, Cullercoats , Whitley Bay and Seaton Sluice beaches were within walking distance, but going to Sunderland was like going abroad ! LOL !

Cheers.