Price of pups

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess you pay what YOU think a pup is worth. My last one was exactly what I was looking for, a well bred first cross Deer Grey. The guy wanted £250, a pittance, I thought, for the right dog. I

when   I was a kid there were lots of  mongrels and they would all work pretty much, and were free mostly, sweep was 10 bob and caught hundreds of rabbits far more than the runners.      

Anyone got a spaniel to put over my. Bedlington bitch we could knock out some ( Bed springs ) at a grand each ? ? 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

Don’t know why people sell lurchers anyway tbh, id just want proper homes for them, there’s other ways to make money but we’re all different I suppose

If you’ve a litter and some spare pups at 8 weeks and no home for them with mates. What would you do? 

1 minute ago, SheepChaser said:

If you’ve a litter and some spare pups at 8 weeks and no home for them with mates. What would you do? 

I’d sort mates out & ask lads I trust if they’ve got any close mates needing a pup, failing that I’d place them in pet homes, I definitely wouldn’t advertise them and send them away to lads I didn’t know for a few quid. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Shadow100 said:

I’d sort mates out & ask lads I trust if they’ve got any close mates needing a pup, failing that I’d place them in pet homes, I definitely wouldn’t advertise them and send them away to lads I didn’t know for a few quid. 

The issue is. If you sell pups cheap or give them to friends of friends. You run the very real risk of them going back up for sale. It’s a sad world. 

It’s an issue though as in reality - not everyone has a whole load of close, good mates who all want a pup at same time and of the type you keep. 

• Like 6
1 minute ago, SheepChaser said:

The issue is. If you sell pups cheap or give them to friends of friends. You run the very real risk of them going back up for sale. It’s a sad world. 

It’s an issue though as in reality - not everyone has a whole load of close, good mates who all want a pup at same time and of the type you keep. 

That’s what I mean only lads I could really trust, i don’t buy in to all that theory if someone spends a good amount on a pup they’re guaranteed to look after it, someone can spend a grand and treat the dog like pure shit or sell it straight on for £1500.

Still stand by that though I’d rather pet home than sell to dog lads I didn’t know cause most of them couldn’t keep white mice.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Loton Moocher said:

Only to the idiots that pay silly prices ? A working mans dog is sold at a working price ? Not a peddlars ? Always be sus if they inner keeping a pup back for themselves  ?

Most of them bull shit on adds saying bred for own use then once the litter is sold they give a sob story that they can’t keep the pup they have picked then sell it for more than the litter mates seen it a few times same old fools breeding regular 

2 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

Raffle them off or put them on shpock for a swap for a washing machine or something like that quids in either way

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, poxon said:

Most of them bull shit on adds saying bred for own use then once the litter is sold they give a sob story that they can’t keep the pup they have picked then sell it for more than the litter mates seen it a few times same old fools breeding regular 

A lot of these peddlars soon get found out because of the amount of litters they turn out it not a new thing really some will remember lockharts lurchers big advert every week in the old shooting news ? Mo bigger peddlar than hancock ?

• Like 2

To be fair at least people knew what they were getting from Hancock, they knew the parents weren’t worked and he was honest about how the pups were bred.

The worst ones are the men that rip lads off & tell lies about dogs that never miss, or sell pups with fake breeding. 

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Shadow100 said:

That’s what I mean only lads I could really trust, i don’t buy in to all that theory if someone spends a good amount on a pup they’re guaranteed to look after it, someone can spend a grand and treat the dog like pure shit or sell it straight on for £1500.

Still stand by that though I’d rather pet home than sell to dog lads I didn’t know cause most of them couldn’t keep white mice.

Yeah but then u be out of pocket 

Who wants that

On 20/06/2020 at 21:29, Moocher71 said:

always fools about with more money than sense . 

a lot just troll the for sale ads they can't be arsed seeing the parents work can't be arsed finding the background out of the line ect a lot are just kennelled then taken out and suppose to world beaters then flogged on if you want a dog that does what you want on the quarry and ground you want be prepared to put the leg work in most don't I would pay top dollar for the right pup that suits me and my needs 

Edited by Blackmag