So far Fairweather is doing well and I am quite impressed. It's connected well with a couple of items and in this wind we have just now. It is I think with my atec muffler on as quiet if not quieter than my unmodded 22 with HV ammo. It certainly is safer.

The stock is made of pallet wood by the looks but it's looking better as the true builds up on it.

I'm wanting better glass now but want it for nothing! I wish you could get a fixed 7x. 

Any ideas on good glass that ain't going to fleece me?

• Like 1

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll take the calibre that's as lethal as some of the keyboards on here! 

I'm going to have a go. See what  all the fuss is over! Fed up with the 22 anyway. I'm going.....are you sitting down..... Go for a 17 hmr! Now you have a short time to talk m

How did you measure the 154yds, by pacing it out? Did you have your shoe laces tied together? ? 

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

So far Fairweather is doing well and I am quite impressed. It's connected well with a couple of items and in this wind we have just now. It is I think with my atec muffler on as quiet if not quieter than my unmodded 22 with HV ammo. It certainly is safer.

.22 LR - Great calibre that can't be beaten for silence, but a high ricochet potential due to low velocity and it's failure to fragment the bullet. Sounds like you've seen the light.

Overall, it sounds like we have a new mouseman.

45 minutes ago, Alsone said:

.22 LR - Great calibre that can't be beaten for silence, but a high ricochet potential due to low velocity and it's failure to fragment the bullet. Sounds like you've seen the light.

"Sounds like you've seen the light"

??????

• Haha 2
47 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

S/d contact Livens in Burton ,paid 67 quid for a new fast mount Hawke  3-9x50 before lockdown they still had them at that price .And theyre open again atb 

I have one of them on it....I was hoping to better it mate.

• Like 1

Got a Redfield accuranger 3-9x42 sat doing nowt ,its the a7 reticle so fat arms and a thin middle .The ranger bit is a fine second reticle so you can set 100yds and then go upto 800 using the 2nd reticle .Never done that though it,s come off my .22 cz as no parralax so no use for my pard .

You welcome to have a butchers ,if u like it i,m looking for a £100 if not return to sender as it were atb

1 hour ago, Baldcoot said:

Got a Redfield accuranger 3-9x42 sat doing nowt ,its the a7 reticle so fat arms and a thin middle .The ranger bit is a fine second reticle so you can set 100yds and then go upto 800 using the 2nd reticle .Never done that though it,s come off my .22 cz as no parralax so no use for my pard .

You welcome to have a butchers ,if u like it i,m looking for a £100 if not return to sender as it were atb

I will check them out mate. Very kind of you as always ?

Thank you mate.

4 minutes ago, Alsone said:

I don't mind, .17's are marmite you either love them or hate them. By contrast .22 lr gets too much love. very versatile but has it's faults.

Just referring to "heard you've seen..." 

A mere jest

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

The stock is made of pallet wood by the looks but it's looking better as the true builds up on it.

I'm wanting better glass now but want it for nothing! I wish you could get a fixed 7x. 

Any ideas on good glass that ain't going to fleece me?

Get someone else to shoot it while you have a listen. I was out a while back with a mate and his HMR and I was amazed how loud it was and I was a fair way away from him.

9 hours ago, Alsone said:

But there is a reason it's the most popular calibre in the world.