I'm going to have a go.

See what  all the fuss is over!

Fed up with the 22 anyway.

I'm going.....are you sitting down.....

Go for a 17 hmr!

Now you have a short time to talk me out of it.

I'm not spending big money but my local has a marlin 917 Vs in for reasonable money.

There it's out now. It better shoot or you lot are for it!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll take the calibre that's as lethal as some of the keyboards on here! 

I'm going to have a go. See what  all the fuss is over! Fed up with the 22 anyway. I'm going.....are you sitting down..... Go for a 17 hmr! Now you have a short time to talk m

How did you measure the 154yds, by pacing it out? Did you have your shoe laces tied together? ? 

Posted Images

???? go for it Bernard sausage, they are a bit of fun, I’ve had mine out tonight picking off hoppers on a big back garden, all between 100/150 yards, missed a few but you can’t get anywhere near them so it’s the ideal tool for the job ?

29FD3DEC-51A1-4524-8204-30115A0D91A0.jpeg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

I'm going to have a go.

Go for a 17 hmr!

I'm not spending big money but my local has a marlin 917 Vs in for reasonable money.

Be very careful of a second hand HMR it could be shot out. Edgar Bros now say they are only good for 7,000 rounds which isn't a lot really.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
8 hours ago, ianm said:

Be very careful of a second hand HMR it could be shot out. Edgar Bros now say they are only good for 7,000 rounds which isn't a lot really.

That’s good advice Ian, I’ve read the same and as I’ve said before, I also know of a couple of hmr’s that would appear to have been cleaned to death, with nowhere near 7000 rounds through them. Definitely something to be aware of.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

I'm going to have a go.

Go for a 17 hmr!

We’ve had it now.......????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Which .22 are you fed up with SD?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

We’ve had it now.......????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Which .22 are you fed up with SD?

It's not which mate but the cal. It's just not enough and I'm just wasting money on ammo to plink where as on a nice day if I can sneak up on a crow 150 yards away I may do a little better.

I always said I would keep the wmr over any 22lr etc.

Subbies are like a wet phart and HV for all the noise is little better, if I'm going to make a crack then let's make it effective!

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

It's not which mate but the cal. It's just not enough and I'm just wasting money on ammo to plink where as on a nice day if I can sneak up on a crow 150 yards away I may do a little better.

Subbies are like a wet phart and HV for all the noise is little better, if I'm going to make a crack then let's make it effective!

Well, I never thought you’d say that SD?‍♂️. I’m sure you’ll be better soon?

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Sausagedog said:

I can understand what you're saying here, but and it's only a personal choice i wouldn't go HMR. 

"No siree" been there done that. If i wanted a little more i would go with a Hornet.

The Hornet is i believe the calibre everyone wanted the HMR to be and it wasn't. 

• Thanks 2
Just now, ianm said:

I can understand what you're saying here, but and it's only a personal choice i wouldn't go HMR. 

"No siree" been there done that. If i wanted a little more i would go with a Hornet.

The Hornet is i believe the calibre everyone wanted the HMR to be and it wasn't. 

To expensive. And I'm not reloading any more.

I am thinking for the same or less audio crack from a 22hv the HMR will give a greater return.

The 22 LR is good but I'm use to more powerful rounds and it always seems wanting somehow.

13 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

I'm going to have a go.

Go for a 17 hmr!

You're dead to me. :no:

2 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

To expensive. And I'm not reloading any more.

I am thinking for the same or less audio crack from a 22hv the HMR will give a greater return.

The 22 LR is good but I'm use to more powerful rounds and it always seems wanting somehow.

This is what you can expect SD. I shot these with my cut down 452 off a bag on the bonnet at just about bang on 115 yards, still needs adjusting, but noted. 

0EB31C44-C9BC-4EC4-8354-094CE7B02D48.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

This is what you can expect SD. I shot these with my cut down 452 off a bag on the bonnet at just about bang on 115 yards, still needs adjusting, but noted. 

0EB31C44-C9BC-4EC4-8354-094CE7B02D48.jpeg

That's not to bad for off hand, how does it do rested mate? Oh, that is rested!

Edited by Sausagedog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3