• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well it had to happen . Slinky 2 is no more . Well I hope it’s slinky 2 because I’m done with that place . Two fruitless visits over the weekend and I’d almost resigned myself to not shooting it . 

Last weekend I was having a natter to a couple I know outside my house and gave them some eggs . The conversation turned to where I got the eggs and I explained that I shoot foxes on a farm that produ

Full of renewed hope and optimism I arrived at the small holding to finish a job that has been dragging on longer than is should have . I had my plan of where I was going to hide , this time with a sh

Posted Images

Just now, walshie said:

I'd prefer it if you both had a gentleman's boxing match. Obviously the discussion of what weight gloves and the rules might take some time. 

Gentleman’s ? You assume I’m a gentleman . I was brought up on the mean streets of the Cotswolds . It’s Chinese burns and shin kicking for me ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I've had these before butt Focus on the problem at hand not on what somebody next door wants.  Don't let their problem become your problem.  Don't mess about with cheap shit tins of cold greasy co op slurry. What's wrong with shooting a moving target.?  As long as you can identify it as Charlie shoot it moving. If it comes across the paddock get on the line. If it's coming straight at you it's like as if it's  not moving. And it's already shoot shy so it don't matter if you miss it.  The beast might even get the message that it ain't welcome and even more dangerous than where it's come from. Failing that set up an electrical triggered explosion on the fence where it comes into the field.  ... get a bird scarier cartridge and put a bit of wire wool around the fuse. Trial a spool of two core wire across to where you are hiding. As soon as you see it on your night vision flash the wires across a powerful battery. Hey presto an instant big bag. It don't matter that your bang is that close to Charlie. His arse will drop to the ground like a hyena and he'll be orf over the horizon like Lester piggit is riding him.  But just up and shoot the b*****d.

Edit...  If it is coming for chicken, give it chicken. When one marks it get them to save it for you.  Stake it out on the line and wait. Shot quick, shoot straight.

Edited by Meece
  • Like 1

This thread has entertained me no end over the last couple of days ?

just remember the only opinion that matters is your own, even if others put a better point across I’ll still do whatever the f*ck I want to, the majority of us on here have been doing this long enough to know what we are doing, at least in our own heads anyway ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

I genuinely hope that this is the end of our spat . I genuinely believe that you have valid and interesting input and you have a good knowledge of rifles and shooting in general. And I get what you were saying about novices reading the posts . So let’s shake on it ?

I'm happy to put it to bed and shake on it.

• Like 6
On 16/06/2020 at 23:02, Baldcoot said:

Whilst you,ve got your blackhat on m,lord could you deal with the total incompetance of BBC weather .Forecast all day about 30 mins of showers at 9p,m so told the landowner be up at 10pm  so set off dry .

By eck after 5 miles Thor and Zeus ad a barney sheet lightning and torrential rain so muggins carried on thinking this will stop soon ,oh no not a chance .

Flooded roads turned me back ,messaged the landowner and his straight to the point reply "its shit here ",checked the liars website and now 30 minutes is going to last till 2am ,aargh about covers it .

Rain?? What rain??? 

Hunk-In-the-Rain.jpg

Edited by BenBhoy
Putting proper photo
  • Haha 4