• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well it had to happen . Slinky 2 is no more . Well I hope it’s slinky 2 because I’m done with that place . Two fruitless visits over the weekend and I’d almost resigned myself to not shooting it . 

Last weekend I was having a natter to a couple I know outside my house and gave them some eggs . The conversation turned to where I got the eggs and I explained that I shoot foxes on a farm that produ

Full of renewed hope and optimism I arrived at the small holding to finish a job that has been dragging on longer than is should have . I had my plan of where I was going to hide , this time with a sh

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Baldcoot said:

You're going to get it, or them as you say danger close a shot gun will do it.

He,s seen you twice now so will be even more weary of being shot. 

Good luck 

I don’t think it saw me the first night , it just didn’t stop . It was the same last night , it literally pinged me and ran off . I am building a bit of a picture of what it’s doing now . Hopefully next visit will be successful.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I don’t think it saw me the first night , it just didn’t stop . It was the same last night , it literally pinged me and ran off . I am building a bit of a picture of what it’s doing now . Hopefully next visit will be successful.

I wait with baited breath for the next instalment. 

28 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

I wait with baited breath for the next instalment. 

Usually I rock up , get the rifle out , see the fox , wait for it to stop moving and shoot it . 
    Occasionally things don’t work out like that , these are the memorable foxes . I’m kind of enjoying the challenge. I think if it was easy I’d soon get bored of it . I had a vixen last year that gave me the runaround, I was punching the air when I caught up with her . 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

No pressure then ?

Shotguns all the way for me and my mate at the moment as the foxes use the woods and ruts where crops meet cover strips!

was out sat night for last few hours of light and an hour into darkness, found an abandoned set that’s got new tenets so sat it out for a bit.. me in cover strip mate in the woods to cover all bases but the wind kept changing so I went for a mooch to watch a well fenced field that I’ve seen foxes coming out of, never saw anything and when walking back to the car there was a bloody fox about ten foot away from an old pallet of bricks that I was going to sit on but opted for the big field ?

one cub for my mate and a phone call to some diggers to get the rest the next day!

AB24342C-4FEC-4E32-B8F3-40486ED5DFFD.jpeg.a98a3d3cb4e6386b039dddc14055558c.jpeg
Use this mount on shotgun, I can pull lamp back and power button hits the sling stud and fires up?
936F25C0-3676-43AD-A3F1-435FD4FF0534.jpeg.389e46baeb21a9504298b738d2093f29.jpeg

good luck with your new challenge?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, si brown said:

Shotguns all the way for me and my mate at the moment as the foxes use the woods and ruts where crops meet cover strips!

was out sat night for last few hours of light and an hour into darkness, found an abandoned set that’s got new tenets so sat it out for a bit.. me in cover strip mate in the woods to cover all bases but the wind kept changing so I went for a mooch to watch a well fenced field that I’ve seen foxes coming out of, never saw anything and when walking back to the car there was a bloody fox about ten foot away from an old pallet of bricks that I was going to sit on but opted for the big field ?

one cub for my mate and a phone call to some diggers to get the rest the next day!

AB24342C-4FEC-4E32-B8F3-40486ED5DFFD.jpeg.a98a3d3cb4e6386b039dddc14055558c.jpeg
Use this mount on shotgun, I can pull lamp back and power button hits the sling stud and fires up?
936F25C0-3676-43AD-A3F1-435FD4FF0534.jpeg.389e46baeb21a9504298b738d2093f29.jpeg

good luck with your new challenge?

That's nifty si ?

• Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

How's it going sl you back out tonight  after it. . Your threads only interesting thing going on in my life right now ?

Yes I’m back out tonight with my shotgun. I’m really hoping to post a picture of it’s remains . I hope things get more interesting for you soon . I hope my shenanigans keep you entertained until then . ATB

Just now, shovel leaner said:

Yes I’m back out tonight with my shotgun. I’m really hoping to post a picture of it’s remains . I hope things get more interesting for you soon . I hope my shenanigans keep you entertained until then . ATB

I'm just getting lazier as I get older  if it looks like rain I won't go out ?? 

Mainly occupying myself having good clear out and selling stuff. ?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

What you stuffin in the shotgun mate?

Will it be close?