Best place to go in Cornwall?

Only good thing about Cornwall is the road out , worked down there for 1year in Newquay ,  hale,,  St Mawes  ST ives  . . Locals are nice and friendly  , thought they would start a fire for us , in one of the caravan we were staying in , that was in hale  and got told for our own safety best not to come into town at night  All it does is rain with winds  . But I do prefer everyone to go down there , at least it keeps everyone out of Dorset ?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Try a little camp site called Pollyjoke not far from Newquay. Cracking little site two smallish fields lovely shower units, Pup short walk up over. Beach about 100 meters away and sheltered. Sand pit

??

Why are people so obsessed with holidays like your life will fall apart if you dont have one lol 

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, villaman said:

Only good thing about Cornwall is the road out , worked down there for 1year in Newquay ,  hale,,  St Mawes  ST ives  . . Locals are nice and friendly  , thought they would start a fire for us , in one of the caravan we were staying in , that was in hale  and got told for our own safety best not to come into town at night  All it does is rain with winds  . But I do prefer everyone to go down there , at least it keeps everyone out of Dorset ?

That's the reception I got when I took a pub in Redruth lol it's more cosmopolitan in some areas.

Cheers, D.

10 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Used to stay at a place in Hayle when I was just driving, Golden Sands I think? (Dytkos will know the one)

Big caravan/static site, club house etc.

It's the opposite side of the bay from St Ives, massive long beach, sand dunes  etc...

St Ives is nice, gets packed in the summer (obviously) so parking, finding somewhere to eat etc is hard... nice town though, with all the normal cornish attractions...pasties, cider, fish etc.... lol

The Towans is the campsite down at Hayle , lovely big beach . You can get a little train to St Ives to save parking. 
        My favourite place in Cornwall and I’ve been all over and love it , but we keep going back to , Trevone , it’s not far from Padstow ( Padstien) . Nice sheltered beach , amazing rock pools around the corner and great fishing off the rocks , perfect for a chilled out beach holiday. My favourite beach is down the road Constantine bay . 
          I would be down there now if it wasn’t for this Covid nonsense.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

The Towans is the campsite down at Hayle , lovely big beach . You can get a little train to St Ives to save parking. 
        My favourite place in Cornwall and I’ve been all over and love it , but we keep going back to , Trevone , it’s not far from Padstow ( Padstien) . Nice sheltered beach , amazing rock pools around the corner and great fishing off the rocks , perfect for a chilled out beach holiday. My favourite beach is down the road Constantine bay . 
          I would be down there now if it wasn’t for this Covid nonsense.

One of my favourite beaches too mate, it's only an hour and 20 down the road for me, so it's a regular trip for a night or 2

• Like 1
4 hours ago, NEWKID said:

One of my favourite beaches too mate, it's only an hour and 20 down the road for me, so it's a regular trip for a night or 2

About 15 minutes for me and Robbo can spit out his front window and land it there lol

Love all that coast around the "seven bays" but not Constantine as much now as they've started charging for the little car park ?

The 4 pics above all taken between 05:45 and 06:15 today.

Out of likes as well lads btw.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

Made I laugh! ???✊?

A farmer in Devon sees a man drinking from his stream & shouts:

"Wozzon? Ee dun wanna be drinkin dat, it's full of ‘orse piss an cow shit".

The man says:

"I'm from London and popped down to self-isolate in my 2nd home in the village, can you speak bit slower please".

The Farmer replies:

"If - you - use - two - hands - you - won't - spill - any"!!!!!

• Haha 6
On 23/05/2020 at 22:09, Greb147 said:

Yeah Penzance wasn't the best when I worked there, not much about tbh. I think we are looking in to St Ives, if you no anywhere near or any place better I'm all ears mate. 

I,m in Bristol next to the m5 and every Friday the m5 motorway is a car park from here south starts about 10/11am and lasts all day and most of Saturday, I would personally carry on down the m4 to the Gower, but I prefer more nature and less people in kiss me quick hats, sky telly and fish and chips, it’s a  beautiful place but may not suit everyone, I’d get a list of places from people then spend an hour or two on google to see what fits you and your family ??

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

Only a few weeks till my jollies in Cornwall, I'm guessing to get in pubs & restaurants you still have to book in?

Booked a boat trip in Padstow to hopefully see the dolphins, touch wood the weather is good, I hope it's not peaking too soon. ?