Best place to go in Cornwall?

On the subject of travelling, feckin nightmare getting home from Ilfracombe last year on the M5.

Crawling along forever and ever, thinking there must be an accident or roadworks, but nothing all the way up to Bristol.

Got up to Newport and the same again crawling for ever, no reason for it though.

SINDASOX

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Try a little camp site called Pollyjoke not far from Newquay. Cracking little site two smallish fields lovely shower units, Pup short walk up over. Beach about 100 meters away and sheltered. Sand pit

??

Why are people so obsessed with holidays like your life will fall apart if you dont have one lol 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Yeah Penzance wasn't the best when I worked there, not much about tbh. I think we are looking in to St Ives, if you no anywhere near or any place better I'm all ears mate. 

Depends what your looking for? Family holiday with beaches, pretty much anywhere. Nightlife/Surfing? Newquay/St Ives.

If you want to travel about, pick somewhere central, pm me if there's anything particular your looking for. ?

Cheers, D.

• Like 3

We like Doniford bay in Watchet - it's on the Bristol channel in Somerset so, it's fairly sheltered with decent weather.

The beach is shit (good for fossil finding), the cider is good and, it's still out of the way but, not as far to drive.

The pasties aren't as good as the ones in Cornwall but, the people in Somerset only have 5 fingers to make them with :whistling: :laugh:

1 hour ago, sid g said:

all them tourists down devon n cornwall keep your rates down be on its arse without them 

???....cornwall yes ..not in here mate ..

1 hour ago, Bush Rummager said:

Cornwall is amazing mate. 

Last few times we've been down, we've stayed at Pentewan sands, on the south coast... can't recommend it enough.

Stayed allover to be honest, but the good thing is wherever you anchor up...  you're never too far from anywhere if a ride out in the car is your thing.

Cider... pasties... beaches and if you're from the North.. more than likely better weather that what you're used to!! 

P.s.... the best Cornish pasties are from Salcombe in Devon!!!?

Used to stay at Pentewan Sands as a kid, great holidays.... 

Between St Austel and Mevagissey.... nice spot mate

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dytkos said:

Yeah mate it is, got to visit a site near there early hours tomoz. Used to go out there Sunday afternoons mid nineties cos one of the lads was shagging the then landlady. Coincidentally She bought the big house just down from where I now live back along but sold up a couple of years back.

Anyway sorry for the ramble lol Kevs done the Cornish Tourist Board bit for me while I was in a spot with no signal ?

Cheers, D.

Lol... you know I love it the wrong side of the border!! Lol

Problem is all the Northeners down there!! ?

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

Yeah Penzance wasn't the best when I worked there, not much about tbh. I think we are looking in to St Ives, if you no anywhere near or any place better I'm all ears mate. 

Used to stay at a place in Hayle when I was just driving, Golden Sands I think? (Dytkos will know the one)

Big caravan/static site, club house etc.

It's the opposite side of the bay from St Ives, massive long beach, sand dunes  etc...

St Ives is nice, gets packed in the summer (obviously) so parking, finding somewhere to eat etc is hard... nice town though, with all the normal cornish attractions...pasties, cider, fish etc.... lol

4 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Used to stay at a place in Hayle when I was just driving, Golden Sands I think? (Dytkos will know the one)

Big caravan/static site, club house etc.

It's the opposite side of the bay from St Ives, massive long beach, sand dunes  etc...

St Ives is nice, gets packed in the summer (obviously) so parking, finding somewhere to eat etc is hard... nice town though, with all the normal cornish attractions...pasties, cider, fish etc.... lol

Was there  (Hayle) this morning at 05:30 and I'll be Pentewan about the same time Monday morning ?

Cheers, D.

IMG_20200523_053427.jpg

• Like 1

View other way and across the estuary.

Hopefully it will be light enough for pics when I'm at Watergate bay, Mawgan Porth and Fistral beach in the morning ?

It's a b*****d having to live down here. ???

Cheers, D.

IMG_20200523_053442.jpg

IMG_20200523_053217.jpg

• Like 3