Best place to go in Cornwall?

3 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

b*****d !!!! 

I was just literally gonna post “Devon” 

Keep on driving...Cornwall's much better...?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Try a little camp site called Pollyjoke not far from Newquay. Cracking little site two smallish fields lovely shower units, Pup short walk up over. Beach about 100 meters away and sheltered. Sand pit

??

Why are people so obsessed with holidays like your life will fall apart if you dont have one lol 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Good bass fishing at times there mate...I'm.sure you fished where the river meets the sea?

Did a bit of plugging first light no luck but know it would fish only a little inlet.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Is there any caravan resorts down there? 

f***ing hundreds mate...literally...

The North coast is nice if you like rugged coast line, with amazing surf beaches ..but the majority will be rammed..

From Padstow to St Ives there are loads of sites along the coast, around Newquay alone there must be dozens... you'll find holiday cottages right through, we stayed in a nice one at Harlyn Bay...

On the south coast it's more harbours and coves, not as dramatic as the north coast, but still nice.. 

Mevigissey was a fave for years, I like Falmouth and the areas around it, further up around Looe is nice (full of Plymouthians though!)

I'd avoid penzance, it's a shit hole imo...lands end is a waste of money now, senna cove around the corner is lovely...as is Porthcurno....

Wherever you choose if the weather is good you'll be in easy reach of some of the best beaches in the UK, but you'll be sharing them with the rest of the country!! Lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Keep on driving...Cornwall's much better...?

Kev would not say that unless you are trying to bum steer them Lol. Could show you some beautiful spots North and South we are so lucky down here. Do you know I say to people I haven't seen all of Devon and I've lived here all my. Come and explore but leave nothing behind except footprints.

Cheers Arry

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Arry said:

Did a bit of plugging first light no luck but know it would fish only a little inlet.

Cheers Arry

Yeah, I've had a few small ones there mate, speaking to a bloke in a cafe and he showed me some pics of some decent fish from there... it screams bass!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Arry said:

Kev would not say that unless you are trying to bum steer them Lol. Could show you some beautiful spots North and South we are so lucky down here. Do you know I say to people I haven't seen all of Devon and I've lived here all my. Come and explore but leave nothing behind except footprints.

Cheers Arry

Mate I love it here, my old man had a pub in Coombe Martin for 12 years, that North coast is stunning, your coast down South Hams is stunning, I done 3 hours on the moors this morning...it was great as always.. 

But if people want to keep on driving down the A30 who an I to stop them..

?‍♂️?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

?I'm going to f***ing Cornwall for my hols.... Get the tinglish to holiday down with the weirdo's down west?

I'll wave to you as you go by mate...lol

Cornwall is amazing mate. 

Last few times we've been down, we've stayed at Pentewan sands, on the south coast... can't recommend it enough.

Stayed allover to be honest, but the good thing is wherever you anchor up...  you're never too far from anywhere if a ride out in the car is your thing.

Cider... pasties... beaches and if you're from the North.. more than likely better weather that what you're used to!! 

P.s.... the best Cornish pasties are from Salcombe in Devon!!!?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Arry said:

Do you know D I never really looked but think your right looking on line not a bad pub at all. Cracking area, the beach about a mile over the headland is were they filmed a lot of Poldark that right isn't it?

Cheers Arry

Yeah mate it is, got to visit a site near there early hours tomoz. Used to go out there Sunday afternoons mid nineties cos one of the lads was shagging the then landlady. Coincidentally She bought the big house just down from where I now live back along but sold up a couple of years back.

Anyway sorry for the ramble lol Kevs done the Cornish Tourist Board bit for me while I was in a spot with no signal ?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
43 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

f***ing hundreds mate...literally...

The North coast is nice if you like rugged coast line, with amazing surf beaches ..but the majority will be rammed..

From Padstow to St Ives there are loads of sites along the coast, around Newquay alone there must be dozens... you'll find holiday cottages right through, we stayed in a nice one at Harlyn Bay...

On the south coast it's more harbours and coves, not as dramatic as the north coast, but still nice.. 

Mevigissey was a fave for years, I like Falmouth and the areas around it, further up around Looe is nice (full of Plymouthians though!)

I'd avoid penzance, it's a shit hole imo...lands end is a waste of money now, senna cove around the corner is lovely...as is Porthcurno....

Wherever you choose if the weather is good you'll be in easy reach of some of the best beaches in the UK, but you'll be sharing them with the rest of the country!! Lol

Yeah Penzance wasn't the best when I worked there, not much about tbh. I think we are looking in to St Ives, if you no anywhere near or any place better I'm all ears mate.