Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Dervburner said:

Yerr, thanks for that bumpy22, mine are smaller and need regular visits to fill up. For that reason I’ve nicked your design, knocked a couple up this afternoon. Not as neat as yours maybe, but like you say, made out of scrap, cost nowt. Some of my woods are a bit of a trek through to keep filling feeders up. Thanks for the heads up on this one fella ??

31783212-F1B5-465E-8AA6-49AB4C199582.jpeg

Top job I cannot work out why they always have feed outlet on front not on side. They always shoot into box madness. 

• Thanks 1
On 06/10/2020 at 05:50, Sausagedog said:

Where are they all coming from?!!

Probably the cities. There was something in the papers the other day about rats going urban and killing peoples pets in their back gardens. Apparently, there's no food to scavenge in city centres because of lock downs and a lack of people going out using takeaways etc. so very little food is being discarded. Could be the same with the foxes - urban ones expanding their area of coverage because of a lack of black bags full of food on city streets.

1 hour ago, David.evans said:

I know mate just pulling your leg 

there was a tread a while back where some folk didn’t know the difference, lol ? 

atb mate 

There was a thread a while back where I couldn’t tell the difference between badger sh*t and rabbit guts ?

• Haha 3
7 hours ago, Stavross said:

There was a thread a while back where I couldn’t tell the difference between badger sh*t and rabbit guts ?

Me and my mate went for a walk with the shotguns last week and had a right mooch trying to lift a few stragglers up, we were checking out runs as edge of the field was grass and there were runs all over... there was some fresh shit and neither of us could work out what it was from.. won’t badger fox or deer?

nearly 100years between two bricklayer and we still don’t no shit?

• Haha 6

I normally shoot quite well with my .22 on the bunnies but for some reason last night I found myself shooting below par ? snatching and missing rabbits I should have had . Also found myself delaying shots and missing opportunities,  I suppose we all perform below standard every now and again.The half moon also came out and spoilt the night. Never mind glad to be out and pulling the trigger .....Anybody else have days/nights where you think what is going on ?

20201008_235855.jpg

• Like 4