Back up at the shoot

10 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

I've got a .22/250 I never use so could go on there and be dedicated for fox.

That’s what I was looking at today or dare I say it a .223, if people I know hear that I’ll never hear the end of it because I’ve always said I’d never have one ?

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

So people keep telling me, I’ve used a few but for me I’d always pick .243 over it and for a dedicated fox rifle I really like 22-250, I’d quite like a 338 lapua for foxing but I don’t think they’d let me have one ?

1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

.223 the ultimate foxing rifle ?

They all do the job mate it's just a matter of personal choice and experience.  .22/250 though packs a hell of a punch ? wish you would straighten those crosshairs it would really annoy me ?

Edited by FOXHUNTER
  • Haha 1

For what it’s worth here’s the stav review. ( I didn’t see any foxes ) It works best on x12 mag, is it as good as the digex? No, but that is a full NV scope and the sightmark is far better than the digex in daylight, it took a bit of getting used to, it works best out to about 150, you can pick up eye shine way beyond that but going up above x16 it does become fuzzy, as an entry level NV at £600 I don’t think there’s anything better on the market, I’d like to try a couple of different ir’s to see if they are any different, would I recommend it? Yes, it does what it’s meant to do ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Stavross said:

For what it’s worth here’s the stav review. ( I didn’t see any foxes ) It works best on x12 mag, is it as good as the digex? No, but that is a full NV scope and the sightmark is far better than the digex in daylight, it took a bit of getting used to, it works best out to about 150, you can pick up eye shine way beyond that but going up above x16 it does become fuzzy, as an entry level NV at £600 I don’t think there’s anything better on the market, I’d like to try a couple of different ir’s to see if they are any different, would I recommend it? Yes, it does what it’s meant to do ?

Daft as it may sound but you may get more range by dropping the mag to x10 and using a better i/r. 

What are you using now?

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, ianm said:

Daft as it may sound but you may get more range by dropping the mag to x10 and using a better i/r. 

What are you using now?

I was using a PBIR laser tonight, it took me ages to work out that I had it mounted to far back and was getting bounce back when I first put it on, I’ve used loads of different nv’s but this is the first time I’ve owned one, I think once I’ve played with it a bit more I’ll get used to it and once I’ve put it on another rifle and got the vortex back on the .243 I’ll be even happier  

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I was using a PBIR laser tonight, it took me ages to work out that I had it mounted to far back and was getting bounce back when I first put it on, I’ve used loads of different nv’s but this is the first time I’ve owned one, I think once I’ve played with it a bit more I’ll get used to it and once I’ve put it on another rifle and got the vortex back on the .243 I’ll be even happier  

If you like 243 why not just get another as a dedicated fox rifle.

I have a Dragonfly here as a spare i/r, if you want to try one let me know.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, ianm said:

If you like 243 why not just get another as a dedicated fox rifle.

I have a Dragonfly here as a spare i/r, if you want to try one let me know.

That’s a very kind off and I may take you up on that 

the idea of another.243 is not a bad one at all, it’s always been a favourite ?

• Like 3