Back up at the shoot

7 minutes ago, Stavross said:

It’s the same this side, my mates tearing his hair out, he’s still got 700 acres of wheat to cut

Same over this way still loads to be cut, I’m just prepping for it drying up and hitting the stubble :) 

E6A1710C-DF26-40F1-B20E-52DCCC6F8102.jpeg.9fbc1f7bb58cccd8725c5c0baf171001.jpeg

• Like 3

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

6 hours ago, si brown said:

Same over this way still loads to be cut, I’m just prepping for it drying up and hitting the stubble :) 

E6A1710C-DF26-40F1-B20E-52DCCC6F8102.jpeg.9fbc1f7bb58cccd8725c5c0baf171001.jpeg

Proper cartridge that.

Stav. The petrol issue! Someone is probably amazed how far the quad goes on petrol because it never runs out! Maybe it's time it did run out ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It’s been raining hard here for a while , the ground has got really wet . Thankfully I’ve just got my brand new Kawasaki mule on a 20 plate . The shoot can’t be doing too bad , despite the gaffer pleading poverty all the time and then going and getting a brand new Mercedes sports car .?

Anyway just like you Si I have been doing a bit of loading . I’ve settled on 42grains of N140 with my 70grain Sierra Blitzkings . They are shooting unbelievably good groups at 200 meters . I haven’t tried them at 300 yet , but I’m happy so far . And to be honest I’m way over the recommended at 42gr . The 223 load I’ve settled on for my NV is 25.7 gr of N135 with 50gr Vmax , you couldn’t get another granule in the case , so it’s I would say near enough a compressed load . I’ve taken a fox at 251 meters at night with this load shooting straight at it , and it was a cub . So no complaints about this load either .

Still waiting on the lower fields to be harvested. I haven’t seen anything around the pens , but the other morning I smelled a fox . The first time for a while. It’s day of reckoning isn’t far away now . They have had to spray the wheat and barley off to get it to ripen . As soon as it drys off they will start . I am chomping at the bit as they say .

C2588122-C9D5-4353-BA6D-6829249B020B.jpeg

• Like 6
1 hour ago, FLATTOP said:

You keeper lads heard of this weather site I use it in my line of work it’s accurate within five to ten minutes I’ve used it for years.

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

Thanks for that Flattop , I’ve got the Darksky app which is similar and the met office one.  But to be honest last year the rain pissed me off so much I didn’t even bother look at the forecast because I’ve got to go out and feed and check the birds no matter what the weather is doing . I just wear a coat and leggings anyway , if it’s raining, oh well , if not great. 
         I’ve given up moaning about the weather ( well almost) . We’re British, it’s what we do , we’re not made of sugar .?

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Thanks for that Flattop , I’ve got the Darksky app which is similar and the met office one.  But to be honest last year the rain pissed me off so much I didn’t even bother look at the forecast because I’ve got to go out and feed and check the birds no matter what the weather is doing . I just wear a coat and leggings anyway , if it’s raining, oh well , if not great. 
         I’ve given up moaning about the weather ( well almost) . We’re British, it’s what we do , we’re not made of sugar .?

That’s right when you have to go out the weather is irrelevant you just dress accordingly but I do like to keep an eye on it especially at the moment it’s so out of character to have the rain we are having in August. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Me too can't stand being indoors. This weather is a real pain though , wet , wet ,wet . Drying up over weekend so should get out , feeders all to fill on Sunday. Anyone out on the 1st for the ducks/geese ?

Me,me me ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Me too can't stand being indoors. This weather is a real pain though , wet , wet ,wet . Drying up over weekend so should get out , feeders all to fill on Sunday. Anyone out on the 1st for the ducks/geese ?

Recon me and my mate will be, he’s taken two weeks off for it?

we shoot a chicken farm purely for the fight line in winter

• Like 2