Back up at the shoot

3 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Well done lads but me.....what a forty two carat plonka ??‍♂️

3/4 hour I played a fox in that moon last night. Eventually it came toward me amongst the sheep. I stopped it at 50yards and..... click! Never chambered a round ?

Idiot.

We've all done it ?‍♂️it amazes me how quick they vanish when hearing dead mans click.....

• Like 2

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

21 hours ago, David.evans said:

I see jimmy that you’ve been going out with out me again 

you naughty boy ?

david any time you want my friend

any time you want you dont even have to ask mate

Its about time you got your ass back up here

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Feeding time for me again, the birds are looking well, taking a lot of feed, they are starting to wander a bit through the day but at the minute they seem to be coming back to the pens, I shot another two rabbits off the veg patch so the old girl was very happy, paid me in tomatoes and cucumbers ? nice ? 

BB1E425A-794C-464D-B61E-302CD2AB0025.jpeg

A638DA54-993F-4462-A92F-1FA4FE1FF39E.jpeg

27391E65-A908-4F1E-92C6-57AE9EB7ED31.jpeg

• Like 5

Everything is now cut and with forestry removing a large amount of timber it may of messed up one of the drives but it seems to of opened up another drive, we should be able to push the birds from the field over the trees and over a valley, lining the guns out on the track in the picture, the good thing about this is any birds not shot will land in the field at the back of the farm, staying on our shoot, I’m definitely looking forward to giving this one a go ?

9148A8FF-7F1D-4B45-B3B5-B4F10FAD31A1.jpeg

214559DE-AD4F-4593-9749-A970CEB12F5A.jpeg

• Like 7
30 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Everything is now cut and with forestry removing a large amount of timber it may of messed up one of the drives but it seems to of opened up another drive, we should be able to push the birds from the field over the trees and over a valley, lining the guns out on the track in the picture, the good thing about this is any birds not shot will land in the field at the back of the farm, staying on our shoot, I’m definitely looking forward to giving this one a go ?

9148A8FF-7F1D-4B45-B3B5-B4F10FAD31A1.jpeg

214559DE-AD4F-4593-9749-A970CEB12F5A.jpeg

A better day weather wise as well ?

• Like 1

Even though it's a full moon I popped up one of my farms and had a cuppa with the farmer and put the world to rights. There was a lot of dark clouds and showers to start with and I was soon amongst the bunnies but when the clouds cleared it was like daylight and the bunnies disappeared.  Another good night with 45 in the bag and a big longtail ?

20200904_020542.jpg

• Like 9
22 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Even though it's a full moon I popped up one of my farms and had a cuppa with the farmer and put the world to rights. There was a lot of dark clouds and showers to start with and I was soon amongst the bunnies but when the clouds cleared it was like daylight and the bunnies disappeared.  Another good night with 45 in the bag and a big longtail ?

20200904_020542.jpg

Good tally again Mark??

Well I’ve been outsmarted by a townie!!! The shoot I keeper has it’s very own Fenton , if you are unfamiliar about who I am referring to , go on Youtube and watch a hapless dog owner trying to recall Fenton while it chases a heard of deer . 
      The offending mutt i am referring to is walked almost daily off the lead through a part of the shoot . I have  politely asked the owner to keep the dog on the lead but the woman is either deaf , stupid or an anti . I thought I’ve got ways of dealing with dogs like that . I shot a few rabbits and squirrels gutted them and left the guts and bodies along her usual route . I was chuckling to myself and congratulating myself on being so devilishly clever . 
         Well my smugness was short lived . This morning I saw the mutt running around off the lead disturbing pheasants ...... wearing a muzzle !!!!????

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

Well I’ve been outsmarted by a townie!!! The shoot I keeper has it’s very own Fenton , if you are unfamiliar about who I am referring to , go on Youtube and watch a hapless dog owner trying to recall Fenton while it chases a heard of deer . 
      The offending mutt i am referring to is walked almost daily off the lead through a part of the shoot . I have  politely asked the owner to keep the dog on the lead but the woman is either deaf , stupid or an anti . I thought I’ve got ways of dealing with dogs like that . I shot a few rabbits and squirrels gutted them and left the guts and bodies along her usual route . I was chuckling to myself and congratulating myself on being so devilishly clever . 
         Well my smugness was short lived . This morning I saw the mutt running around off the lead disturbing pheasants ...... wearing a muzzle !!!!????

Some of them just don’t give a sh1t and you’re banging your head against a wall with people like that ? they simply don’t care and nobody is going to make them see sense. That’s their attitude.?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

I was thinning out a few big-ears on a silage field the other week as the poachers are on to them, I’d knocked a fair few off and was on for another when one comes flying past me closely followed by a lurcher... I had me 12 shouldered and was seriously considering it when I hear a woman screaming?

it was an old couples dog that had just bolted, they must of been off a campsite down the rd... they looked horrified so I pointed out lurchers chase hares and your in the middle of the countryside!

keep it on the lead?

4 minutes ago, si brown said:

I was thinning out a few big-ears on a silage field the other week as the poachers are on to them, I’d knocked a fair few off and was on for another when one comes flying past me closely followed by a lurcher... I had me 12 shouldered and was seriously considering it when I hear a woman screaming?

it was an old couples dog that had just bolted, they must of been off a campsite down the rd... they looked horrified so I pointed out lurchers chase hares and your in the middle of the countryside!

keep it on the lead?

You'd be on thin ice shooting a dog that isn't worrying livestock,a hare is game and don't come under the rules of shooting a dog for chasing it, just saying...:thumbs:..

• Like 3

Well I’ve came back up to my secret shooting grounds after been told that all the crop is down, turns out the one field I wanted to be in is still in standing wheat. So I went back to where I shot the two cubs last time, almost an hour in and this dog made an appearance, approximately 100 yards and lights out, I’ll give it another 45 minutes and call it a night ?

6CF0200D-D438-49DA-8A4F-B6E86DC7E20A.jpeg

• Like 6