Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

Farmer has cut some oats and usually  a good field for the corvids. I was set up before daybreak and had a few hours. It wasn't as busy as normal but still managed a few ? Just as it was getting light I peered from my hide and there was a fox no more than 10 yds away looking at me , it turned and headed back to the wood and I tipped my hat to it as didn't want to shoot it up the backside with 6 shot , I will make an appointment soon with the rifle ?

20200823_090148.jpg

• Like 8
42 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Nice outing there FH .Making the most of downtime I see .

Got loads to be doing at the moment , crows , rabbits , foxes and going up shoot . Dont seem to have the time or energy to keep up at minute with all the fields coming off. No time for work. Glad it's raining for a few days to get a rest ? Had another 32 bunnies on Thursday night ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Farmer has cut some oats and usually  a good field for the corvids. I was set up before daybreak and had a few hours. It wasn't as busy as normal but still managed a few ? Just as it was getting light I peered from my hide and there was a fox no more than 10 yds away looking at me , it turned and headed back to the wood and I tipped my hat to it as didn't want to shoot it up the backside with 6 shot , I will make an appointment soon with the rifle ?

20200823_090148.jpg

Good thinking Mark, that bird shot isn’t so good for foxes imo. I use 50 gram bb’s, they’re so good that they actually shrink the ? fox so that you can pop it straight into your top pocket?

9BBDC2C6-9198-4917-BCD4-8282AB72A3E4.png

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, Dervburner said:

Good thinking Mark, that bird shot isn’t so good for foxes imo. I use 50 gram bb’s, they’re so good that they actually shrink the ? fox so that you can pop it straight into your top pocket?

9BBDC2C6-9198-4917-BCD4-8282AB72A3E4.png

If it had stood looking at me or  it turned broadside it was a gonner but wasnt going to shoot it up the jacksy , deserves better.

• Like 5
16 hours ago, ianm said:

What like a Toyota Hilux or some such??

I could probably just about afford a push bike, this working for yourself is ok but it’s definitely changed my lifestyle, not so much for my Mrs, it was our 10th wedding anniversary on Saturday and it would appear that my flowers were not enough because she went to Audi and ordered herself a new car ?

2AA71561-0CBB-44BD-8E2A-0ADB738C4780.png

• Haha 2
  • Sad 3