Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Stavross said:

The price of bullets now they should sell them like the used to sell fags at the corner shop, singly ?

“A fag for me mam please” 

......”ten pence, and would your mam like a match to go with it?”

......”yes please”

brings back memories ?

”nearly forgot, an’ bottle of ‘Nut Brown’ for me dad as well”

• Haha 5
7 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

“A fag for me mam please” 

......”ten pence, and would your mam like a match to go with it?”

......”yes please”

brings back memories ?

”nearly forgot, an’ bottle of ‘Nut Brown’ for me dad as well”

Hahaha, that’s exactly it ? 10p with a match ? my nanna would send me to the shop when I was about 8 with a note for 10 embassy no 1 and 4 cans of Mcewan’s export for my grandad on a Saturday night ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
1 minute ago, Stavross said:

Hahaha, that’s exactly it ? 10p with a match ? my nanna would send me to the shop when I was about 8 with a note for 10 embassy no 1 and 4 cans of Mcewan’s export for my grandad on a Saturday night ?

Image it these days, the snowflakes would have the shopkeeper locked up?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just been talking to a farmer this morning Stav and todays price for old crop wheat is £276 and will continue to rise , also red diesel hit £1 a litre.  With poult prices increasing together with wheat prices and fuel I think your syndicate prices must increase , what do  you reckon Stav ?

It’s looking that way, my shoot captain does a bit of commodity dealing and he said milling wheat has gone through the roof, oil at around 115 a barrel, his brother ( the farmer) said that’s milling is around 300 a tonne, the way it’s going feed wheat will be around 300 before long, I’ll have to stop the drive pheasant and have ruff shooting and driven squirrel ?

Whilst out wandering around the farm I have now developed an obsession for picking up used cartridges. I have picked up 6 game bags full so far , very satisfying. Todays find brought back memories of when I did a lot of rabbit shooting with the shotgun , a great hard hitting cartridge.  Anybody else used to use Baikal Record cartridges?

20220304_160705.jpg

• Like 6
5 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Just been talking to a farmer this morning Stav and todays price for old crop wheat is £276 and will continue to rise , also red diesel hit £1 a litre.  With poult prices increasing together with wheat prices and fuel I think your syndicate prices must increase , what do  you reckon Stav ?

Got quote for red at 1.15  ffs 

3 hours ago, Stavross said:

It’s looking that way, my shoot captain does a bit of commodity dealing and he said milling wheat has gone through the roof, oil at around 115 a barrel, his brother ( the farmer) said that’s milling is around 300 a tonne, the way it’s going feed wheat will be around 300 before long, I’ll have to stop the drive pheasant and have ruff shooting and driven squirrel ?

Nothing wrong with driven squirrel, one of my favourite sports ??