Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

New IR, new sticks, new thermal and a new fox ( well, one of this years ) that’s one expensive bitch

it must of been from an early litter as she had a bit of weight to her and was in showroom condition, the shot was 126 yards

864E3544-8A7B-40FD-BF35-C7C4162CF047.jpeg

• Like 7
22 minutes ago, David.evans said:

What call brought it in mate ?

Came in to hare distress, but to be honest the speed it came in I would of thought it would of come in to anything, young and dumb

The one I’ve got picks up a lot more than my mates

1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Come on then give us a report on the Helion ?

Once I got it set up ( didn’t take long, even for me ) it’s unbelievable, it picks up even the smallest heat source, I’ve used the one before this a lot and that’s not rubbish by any means, but comparing the 2 last night the Helion 2 is a lot clearer 

It could completely ruin deer stalking ?

1 hour ago, BenBhoy said:

Did the ir improve the wraith? Better than your old one? 

That caller is a fuckîng unit and a half mind! ?‍♂️

It’s turned it into a different scope, it’s so clear 

that caller is quality, it’s just a shame you need a tractor to pull it around the field 

• Haha 2

Birds have been in a couple of days now and have settled well, they are very quiet and as we know, quiet birds are happy birds, with them being a little bit older and going in a little later they can fly a short distance so there was a few outside the pen, which did walk back in without any problems, looking at the way they are now and if the weather stays the way it is I think I’ll be lifting the wire this time next week and setting them to wood, but we’ll see what state these little sh*t machines make of the pens over the next few days

02187ED0-8F72-423F-98E9-1B3D1C03720A.jpeg

7DA72825-5F14-4009-8806-7C5C977BB804.jpeg

371BE655-FCE3-4150-B133-AB0E507E223A.jpeg

• Like 5
10 hours ago, Stavross said:

Birds have been in a couple of days now and have settled well, they are very quiet and as we know, quiet birds are happy birds, with them being a little bit older and going in a little later they can fly a short distance so there was a few outside the pen, which did walk back in without any problems, looking at the way they are now and if the weather stays the way it is I think I’ll be lifting the wire this time next week and setting them to wood, but we’ll see what state these little sh*t machines make of the pens over the next few days

02187ED0-8F72-423F-98E9-1B3D1C03720A.jpeg

7DA72825-5F14-4009-8806-7C5C977BB804.jpeg

371BE655-FCE3-4150-B133-AB0E507E223A.jpeg

The birds look good Stavross. Fingers crossed it keeps dry a bit longer . ?

• Like 1

It just goes to show that you should always have a rifle with you . I am never on the shoot without my .243 during the day . For the most part it is just propped on the seat next to me doing nothing. I take it to and fro from my house to the truck to the mule and back several times a day . It’s a pain in the arse really. But this morning at literally 8.30 I had already been out and fed and gone home had breakfast and was back out driving across the stubble when my phone went and I’m sat in the mule having a natter , then I looked at my WhatsApp, and Ben had sent a picture of his quad with posts tied on with baler twine , when I saw something that caught my eye . A fox walked out of the hedge at about 200 meters,  followed by about 10 pheasant poults , it was what looked like digging around in the stubble and was oblivious to my presence. I picked up the .243 and chambered a round . All I could see was it’s arse end as it looked like it’s head was down a hole . I thought if  I stick a bullet in the biggest bit it’s going nowhere.  And it didn’t , I dropped it where it was , rooting about in a hole . So after weeks of carrying the rifle about for nothing, it payed off . Never go to the shoot without your rifle is my mantra ???

8FF524AD-B8E6-4F4E-A911-CB2CEE49FC26.jpeg

• Like 7