Back up at the shoot

Have you not got the chicken in distress call SL ? I have called a lot of foxes with it , works great if you need to get the call out a long way. I havent been out for foxes for what seems like an age , been busy shotgun shooting so might have a trip to Scotland tomorrow for a session . ?? Oh and Stav have a good weekend .

• Thanks 1

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Have you not got the chicken in distress call SL ? I have called a lot of foxes with it , works great if you need to get the call out a long way. I havent been out for foxes for what seems like an age , been busy shotgun shooting so might have a trip to Scotland tomorrow for a session . ?? Oh and Stav have a good weekend .

No I’ve not got the chicken distress call . I will try and download it . The people at best fox call , will tell you how easy it is to download the calls to an SD card , but I haven’t been able to do it . I T isn’t my strong point . I got a friend to download the last lot , but he works in IT and he had a few attempts.

Feeding again today and they are hammering the feed, they have been in coming up 2 weeks now and have done over half a ton of pellets,  they are growing in confidence by the day, they are moving further out during the day with the poults from Gordon’s pen now making it to the cow field alongside the farm, so a couple of the members will have to do a bit of dogging in as at the minute I don’t want them that far out, over at the forestry pen they seem a little more settled and happy just to hang around the rear of the pen but it will not be long before these start heading further out into the roadside drive and over towards the piggeries 

It will be someone else’s turn to go up Sunday as I’m off on my annual pilgrimage to Lincolnshire tomorrow for a night chasing gingers with Mr Robin Foxer, fingers crossed I get a few ?

E106026C-F1E4-4251-BC31-96C3B24F3537.jpeg

74229819-F600-4DCF-B524-BE28B7D485D5.jpeg

FC59D8C8-6097-44AD-998B-4C803B1D49E6.jpeg

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Stavross said:

I’m off on my annual pilgrimage to Lincolnshire tomorrow for a night chasing gingers with Mr Robin Foxer,

Just ignore the cameras & the thought of how many people will be watching you & your shooting..... critique on your technique. Forget about those misses you had the other week...... ? Don't focus on those misses....

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, BenBhoy said:

Just ignore the cameras & the thought of how many people will be watching you & your shooting..... critique on your technique. Forget about those misses you had the other week...... ? Don't focus on those misses....

???????????????

• Haha 3

Just posting this while I sit in the car waiting for the rain and drizzle to clear ? Really dark night but struggle to see through the drizzle. I pulled up at a gateway and immediately saw eyes in the field so got rifle out of car , on sticks and 1st fox in the bag . There was another set of eyes in the rushes which I dismissed as a hare , but on approaching to pick up its sibling I soon realised it was another fox but my rifle was in the car , typical it was a broadside 40 yd shot too ?? never mind if this rain stops I will hopefully get onto a few ??

• Like 1