Beddlington x patterdale

5 minutes ago, morton said:

Its been posted for long enough on here what is in the recipe for the Bedlington,nothing hidden and nothing taken away,thus no mystery there fella,what amuses many is the fact that the Black terrier is pure bred.How can you have a pure bred that was never pure Einstein?You are a chancer that as an habit of jumping on wagons that the wheels fall off,you don,t know,yet attempt to offer expert knowledge when you are about as expert as norman wisdom.

Now your waffling about pure breeds lol. What exactly is pure about your beddy fell crosses oh that's right the beddy was only ever a type is your usual answer to that one isn't it. Lol. 

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If a patterdale is lacking that much to make ye think  adding Bedlington is gonna make em better terriers then you've a fcukin screw loose or your related to morton. 

A dog is a dog... If it does the job, then it don't matter whats in em? There's been all sorts added to all the working terrier strains over the yrs....to improve  Colour, coat, conformation and

Think that is a very true comment blackmag, iv said over and over again lads want different things from there terriers ones mans cull will be one mans pot of gold. Different land different type of ear

Posted Images

On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 21:34, dogmandont said:

Now your waffling about pure breeds lol. What exactly is pure about your beddy fell crosses oh that's right the beddy was only ever a type is your usual answer to that one isn't it. Lol. 

Ive never ever mentioned a pure

Edited by morton
Went toxic
16 minutes ago, morton said:

Ive never ever mentioned a pure,others have.Look at the history of proper working terriers and the small vicinity they came from,all the proper breeds came out of the fells and Lakes,certainly influenced by the Scottish Todhunters,The breed specific mongrel types that came out of that small area,then set a template that will never be bettered,Border terriers,Lakeland/Fell terriers and Bedlingtons,all with a common heritage and breed specific gene pool.The black terrier came out of that mix.certain terrier folk would have you believe that the cart came before the wheel.Breed specific types were recognised before the kc jumped on the gravy train,breed specific types worked as terriers should before the halfwits believed they knew more.you are another nugget that knows a little but wishes to be recognised for your expert input.My usual answer is I only know a little,a few of us have a little knowledge,a few on here are far more expert yet know far less.You sit comfortably in that seat.

Just your usual waffle mort isn't it. 

Im just an average Joe that likes a decent digging terrier but I can spot bullshit when I read it and you come out with more than most. 

• Thanks 1

Can’t really see why lads are bothered about blood that’s 40 years gone .Worry about what your breeding now and not what could of been .
Us black dog chaps are in a good place regards the future .Pity some of the other  types wernt .Pity the guardians of those types were dimwits or they might of realised they were onto a sticky one ????and done something about it .Mort is a prime example of steering a breed into a dead end .Should be ashamed .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Your a bit of a nut job aren't you coco. Lol. Something I've noticed you have to be to be a Bedlington fancier. 

I’ve had bedlington /fells for over 20 yrs yes and I do use them for working and I do know what’s in there breeding it’s not black dog to black dog it’s a bedlington x a fell terrier with bedlington blood init so what percentage of your Blackdog/fell/or patterdales f**k 3 names for one type of terrier that’s says enuf as border bedlington Lakeland just an honest answer people who just say blackdog really means I don’t really know atb

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Loton Moocher said:

As beddys are all born black or liver it could be they were created from black dogs ? ?????you dont need to be a scientist to know terriers from the lakes etc  carry bedlington blood ( fact)

I'm certainly not a terrier man, only ever had one red fell terrier in my life.

But I do like bedlington in a lurcher, but it's getting hard, if not impossible, to find genuine working bedlingtons now.

Just to comment on your Beddy blood in lakies , many years ago, I used to bump into an old hound man from Cumbria, and he told me they often brought their terriers over to Northumberland to add some bedlington blood, "to put a bit of fire back in" !

I doubt that happens now.

Cheers.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I'm certainly not a terrier man, only ever had one red fell terrier in my life.

But I do like bedlington in a lurcher, but it's getting hard, if not impossible, to find genuine working bedlingtons now.

Just to comment on your Beddy blood in lakies , many years ago, I used to bump into an old hound man from Cumbria, and he told me they often brought their terriers over to Northumberland to add some bedlington blood, "to put a bit of fire back in" !

I doubt that happens now.

Cheers.

Ha ha it does but in reverse ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, coco said:

I’ve had bedlington /fells for over 20 yrs yes and I do use them for working and I do know what’s in there breeding it’s not black dog to black dog it’s a bedlington x a fell terrier with bedlington blood init so what percentage of your Blackdog/fell/or patterdales f**k 3 names for one type of terrier that’s says enuf as border bedlington Lakeland just an honest answer people who just say blackdog really means I don’t really know atb

Couldn't give a rats ass what went into the making of the black dogs as long as they work which they do and very well at that. 

You keep asking what's in their make up lol. Can you tell me what's in the make up of the beddy or fell that's in your dogs lol can you fcuk. Lol. 

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Couldn't give a rats ass what went into the making of the black dogs as long as they work which they do and very well at that. 

You keep asking what's in their make up lol. Can you tell me what's in the make up of the beddy or fell that's in your dogs lol can you fcuk. Lol. 

Yes as you know a bedlington is kc reg animal the fell terrier I used are what most people are using today in hunt kennels so yes I do my homework these dogs originate from buck and breay and buck lines was heavily bedlington blood there’s your reply in know many pro terriermen atb I’m not knocking black dogs but by keeping one yourself you shouldn’t knock the make up of your dogs atb

Edited by coco

I don't think anyone is knocking the beddy it's just the beddy does not come to the minds of 99% of black dog owners why should it stand out . There not much good for digging these days. If they where alot of people would have them the black dog what ever it's make up is a digging dog now and far superior to any these days I can't see it changing in my life time. If I could get a beddy better than my black stuff well I sure would go for it but it ain't going to happen . It just hits a nerve with the beddy boys there not getting the recognition that I think they don't deserve.  Each to there own but it is what it is black dogs are the real deal at the moment as far as earthwork goes . Why think twice about beddy been added years and years ago even if it was in some small percentage of black dog types make up. Why would a digging man care. Just my thought on it 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, howdeeposxxt said:

I don't think anyone is knocking the beddy it's just the beddy does not come to the minds of 99% of black dog owners why should it stand out . There not much good for digging these days. If they where alot of people would have them the black dog what ever it's make up is a digging dog now and far superior to any these days I can't see it changing in my life time. If I could get a beddy better than my black stuff well I sure would go for it but it ain't going to happen . It just hits a nerve with the beddy boys there not getting the recognition that I think they don't deserve.  Each to there own but it is what it is black dogs are the real deal at the moment as far as earthwork goes . Why think twice about beddy been added years and years ago even if it was in some small percentage of black dog types make up. Why would a digging man care. Just my thought on it 

It don’t hit a raw nerve with me mate I’ve heard it all before but when people go on about these black dogs like they’ve come out of planet Mars well there not there just mongrels x morgrels bred for purpose and like as bedlington bashes say we use this fell terrier blood because it’s the closest relation we have not to spruce them up or give them drive just to reduce size and better coats atb

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Just now, coco said:

It don’t hit a raw nerve with me mate I’ve heard it all before but when people go on about these black dogs like they’ve come out of planet Mars well there not there just mongrels x morgrels bred for purpose and like as bedlington bashes say we use this fell terrier blood because it’s the closest relation we have not to spruce them up or give them drive just to reduce size and better coats atb

And your point is ?

• Like 1