Jump to content

Beddlington x patterdale


Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

And i agree but if you dont breed earth dogs you wont get earth dogs ? Why do you think gn went into hybreeds with lakey ? Because he said long ago the.  Beddy wasnt the dog it used to be ? I maybe now will be corrected and i hope for the beddys sake i am but i only know one in hunt service ? What spoilt the beddy was egos that wanted the name in print and cash ? And like what what mort has said no one has done more damage to the. Beddy that expert on everything glover and those that que for a mention in his plummer worded. Books , as earth dog the beddy will very soon be a thing of the past atb

I don’t agree with you need to breed earth dog to earth dog to produce earth dogs.ive had borders for 30 odd yrs and like any terrier you either get or you don’t.My grandad used to drink with George and I had 2 good keen bedlingtons I rang George to use his dog over my bitch as I thought my dog was a bit to big.I went to his and looked at his dog which was the double of my dog like twins,same taints everything.Ww had a good talk about them and when he said he wouldn’t line my bitch in case the pups didn’t work,my answer to him word for word was.George you will probably forgot more about bedlingtons than I would probably know,but as you know you only get out of a dog what you put into it if you don’t hunt them and keep them as a pet they won’t work,but if you get them out and educate them they will probably work.So I asked him to get anyone of his and take me to an earth and I knew wheee mine would of been and I knew where his would of been(looking down the hole were mine were),anyway long story short I used my own dog to produce what I had and that’s when he bred his 1st borderxbeddy which was the ugliest terrier you have ever seen.i will put a pic up of my dogs pedigree like I did years ago on the beddy page for you just to prove I’m not a nugget.

  • Like 2
Link to post

  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If a patterdale is lacking that much to make ye think  adding Bedlington is gonna make em better terriers then you've a fcukin screw loose or your related to morton. 

A dog is a dog... If it does the job, then it don't matter whats in em👍 There's been all sorts added to all the working terrier strains over the yrs....to improve  Colour, coat, conformation and

Think that is a very true comment blackmag, iv said over and over again lads want different things from there terriers ones mans cull will be one mans pot of gold. Different land different type of ear

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, lurchers said:

I don’t agree with you need to breed earth dog to earth dog to produce earth dogs.ive had borders for 30 odd yrs and like any terrier you either get or you don’t.My grandad used to drink with George and I had 2 good keen bedlingtons I rang George to use his dog over my bitch as I thought my dog was a bit to big.I went to his and looked at his dog which was the double of my dog like twins,same taints everything.Ww had a good talk about them and when he said he wouldn’t line my bitch in case the pups didn’t work,my answer to him word for word was.George you will probably forgot more about bedlingtons than I would probably know,but as you know you only get out of a dog what you put into it if you don’t hunt them and keep them as a pet they won’t work,but if you get them out and educate them they will probably work.So I asked him to get anyone of his and take me to an earth and I knew wheee mine would of been and I knew where his would of been(looking down the hole were mine were),anyway long story short I used my own dog to produce what I had and that’s when he bred his 1st borderxbeddy which was the ugliest terrier you have ever seen.i will put a pic up of my dogs pedigree like I did years ago on the beddy page for you just to prove I’m not a nugget.

As iv said in a earlier post nowt wrong with borders even used border/ lakey many years ago but just dont did out for a out x for the beddy ? If ur tryin to revive a breed it a least still gona look similar down the line the border didnt ? Yes ur right about what you put on you will get out , but how many poodles would you get faceing the ultimate ? 

Link to post
20 minutes ago, lurchers said:

I don’t agree with you need to breed earth dog to earth dog to produce earth dogs.ive had borders for 30 odd yrs and like any terrier you either get or you don’t.My grandad used to drink with George and I had 2 good keen bedlingtons I rang George to use his dog over my bitch as I thought my dog was a bit to big.I went to his and looked at his dog which was the double of my dog like twins,same taints everything.Ww had a good talk about them and when he said he wouldn’t line my bitch in case the pups didn’t work,my answer to him word for word was.George you will probably forgot more about bedlingtons than I would probably know,but as you know you only get out of a dog what you put into it if you don’t hunt them and keep them as a pet they won’t work,but if you get them out and educate them they will probably work.So I asked him to get anyone of his and take me to an earth and I knew wheee mine would of been and I knew where his would of been(looking down the hole were mine were),anyway long story short I used my own dog to produce what I had and that’s when he bred his 1st borderxbeddy which was the ugliest terrier you have ever seen.i will put a pic up of my dogs pedigree like I did years ago on the beddy page for you just to prove I’m not a nugget.

I got to, you don't have to breed earth dogs to get earth dogs and decided the rest wasn't worth reading. 

Link to post
1 minute ago, Loton Moocher said:

As iv said in a earlier post nowt wrong with borders even used border/ lakey many years ago but just dont did out for a out x for the beddy ? If ur tryin to revive a breed it a least still gona look similar down the line the border didnt ? Yes ur right about what you put on you will get out , but how many poodles would you get faceing the ultimate ? 

Ya don’t know unless ya will to try mate,don’t get me wrong I know ya love the beddies same as Morton but the worst thing I noticed with them everything sticks to them while out hunting unless you keep the coats short,but they have a cracking nose and heart like a lion mine were mute but a pair of b*****ds when they had hold of something as if it was a competition to see who could kill it the quickest.But as for other breeds I knew a lad who had a Caine terrier that loved a good dog and look at PUDS dogs he is using a Westie and a dandy just to show you don’t need these breeds we have had drummed into use for the job,which is good on him and I know it’s only rats what he is doing but them dogs confidence will be up and I bet he could get a dog out of them if he gave them a chance.You look a few years ago there was a lad at Scotland useing kc lakies and got slated for it and we have heard nothing else about them because of the idiots on this site.Just my opinion but I’ve been doing this for 40yrs and seen alsorts and believe any dog will work if giving the chance.

Link to post
1 minute ago, dogmandont said:

I got to, you don't have to breed earth dogs to get earth dogs and decided the rest wasn't worth reading. 

That’s your opinion mate and truthfully I could give a monkeys as most on here haven’t seen much and go off here say about different breeds.atb for ya season 

Link to post
2 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

Just goes to show just how small the gene pool is must be 8 of them in mine ? And maybe everyones ?

It’s a shame really but I think it’s because a lot of terrier lads don’t like the beddies and never gave them a chance.Its like the borders most of the muppets on here have heard they don’t work until they are 3yrs old so that’s all there answers but like I say treat them as you would a Russel,lakie,or black stuff you will get the same quality and be just as keen as them.But some of them won’t bite the bullet and try one to see they are wrong.

  • Like 1
Link to post
4 minutes ago, lurchers said:

Ya don’t know unless ya will to try mate,don’t get me wrong I know ya love the beddies same as Morton but the worst thing I noticed with them everything sticks to them while out hunting unless you keep the coats short,but they have a cracking nose and heart like a lion mine were mute but a pair of b*****ds when they had hold of something as if it was a competition to see who could kill it the quickest.But as for other breeds I knew a lad who had a Caine terrier that loved a good dog and look at PUDS dogs he is using a Westie and a dandy just to show you don’t need these breeds we have had drummed into use for the job,which is good on him and I know it’s only rats what he is doing but them dogs confidence will be up and I bet he could get a dog out of them if he gave them a chance.You look a few years ago there was a lad at Scotland useing kc lakies and got slated for it and we have heard nothing else about them because of the idiots on this site.Just my opinion but I’ve been doing this for 40yrs and seen alsorts and believe any dog will work if giving the chance.

Cant dissagree with alot you say by feck dont i know what a beddy temper can be like ? Hence it nearly cost my youngest one here her life more than once and i know what a beddys jaw feels like when its locked up , i got a half x here bred with kc dog the chap that bred her. Is well known and been in the game a long time and reconds his kc works to ground and maybe it does but this lurcher is totally fearless so it maybe true ? 

Link to post
4 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

Cant dissagree with alot you say by feck dont i know what a beddy temper can be like ? Hence it nearly cost my youngest one here her life more than once and i know what a beddys jaw feels like when its locked up , i got a half x here bred with kc dog the chap that bred her. Is well known and been in the game a long time and reconds his kc works to ground and maybe it does but this lurcher is totally fearless so it maybe true ? 

I’ve seen a bitch kill her pup at 16wks old for nothing and I sold a pup to a pet home to get it back at 3yrs old,and within 2wks she was working cover and marking fox to ground so whether you agree or disagree mate means nothing to me but goes to show if it’s in them they will work.Ya just need to take ya time and have patience with them but yeh they can give a nasty bite,ya just have to look at there teeth it’s big dogs teeth in a little dog atb.

Link to post
3 minutes ago, lurchers said:

I’ve seen a bitch kill her pup at 16wks old for nothing and I sold a pup to a pet home to get it back at 3yrs old,and within 2wks she was working cover and marking fox to ground so whether you agree or disagree mate means nothing to me but goes to show if it’s in them they will work.Ya just need to take ya time and have patience with them but yeh they can give a nasty bite,ya just have to look at there teeth it’s big dogs teeth in a little dog atb.

But if there not doin it at all it will be bred out ? Oh iv ad them fly to a red un but retreat in a hurry if its a black un , but i will always say you wont get a better sticker than a beddy if it a good un ? Anyway i got a old fat un that retired now and a younger one coz of me being a man of me word and bedlington red tape will never be bred from which is. Bloody shame ? My long love affair with the beddy terrier will end , just aswell i inner far off a mobillity scooter digging holes is bad for ur health 😂 

  • Like 1
Link to post

I’ll admit ive only ever dug to a couple of beddies  and from the same  lad so can’t really give an informed opinion of the breed based on that .Both digs were no dramas ,straight forward as with any other terrier .Its all the background stress breeding and finding working homes I don’t get but there tis .

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...