Beddlington x patterdale

12 hours ago, lurchers said:

Ya don’t know unless ya will to try mate,don’t get me wrong I know ya love the beddies same as Morton but the worst thing I noticed with them everything sticks to them while out hunting unless you keep the coats short,but they have a cracking nose and heart like a lion mine were mute but a pair of b*****ds when they had hold of something as if it was a competition to see who could kill it the quickest.But as for other breeds I knew a lad who had a Caine terrier that loved a good dog and look at PUDS dogs he is using a Westie and a dandy just to show you don’t need these breeds we have had drummed into use for the job,which is good on him and I know it’s only rats what he is doing but them dogs confidence will be up and I bet he could get a dog out of them if he gave them a chance.You look a few years ago there was a lad at Scotland useing kc lakies and got slated for it and we have heard nothing else about them because of the idiots on this site.Just my opinion but I’ve been doing this for 40yrs and seen alsorts and believe any dog will work if giving the chance.

This is the problem imo,people thinking every f***ing breed of a terrier will work,bollox.right there are certain times a freak Will pop up and be a good worker, could be anything from yorkie to cairn  to f***ing French bulldog but try breeding these freaks to produce more workers look at the amount of shite that gona get bred and still not a worker, ok border still some good borders about, not about me though and I can't say I know of any, bedlingtons never seen a good one, seen a video of that Rambo dog and it was shit, but look at the amount of good proven black dogs are about and Russell's, nearly every yard has them and there will also be wastage in them but nothing near like that other stuff, my point being, why ruin another good terrier by adding shite into the mix,good black dogs can't be improved by any other breed simple as. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If a patterdale is lacking that much to make ye think  adding Bedlington is gonna make em better terriers then you've a fcukin screw loose or your related to morton. 

A dog is a dog... If it does the job, then it don't matter whats in em? There's been all sorts added to all the working terrier strains over the yrs....to improve  Colour, coat, conformation and

Think that is a very true comment blackmag, iv said over and over again lads want different things from there terriers ones mans cull will be one mans pot of gold. Different land different type of ear

Posted Images

Were only putting your so called black terrier in because there the closes relation to a bedlington enless you have bully ancestors in your terrier make up bedlington boerder Lakeland is a fell terrier simple  

Edited by coco
On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 12:15, fat man said:

This is the problem imo,people thinking every f***ing breed of a terrier will work,bollox.right there are certain times a freak Will pop up and be a good worker, could be anything from yorkie to cairn  to f***ing French bulldog but try breeding these freaks to produce more workers look at the amount of shite that gona get bred and still not a worker, ok border still some good borders about, not about me though and I can't say I know of any, bedlingtons never seen a good one, seen a video of that Rambo dog and it was shit, but look at the amount of good proven black dogs are about and Russell's, nearly every yard has them and there will also be wastage in them but nothing near like that other stuff, my point being, why ruin another good terrier by adding shite into the mix,good black dogs can't be improved by any other breed simple as. 

Edited by morton
Went toxic
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, morton said:

The black terrier is more basterdised than most.It became the go to terrier,everybody wanted one and everybody started breeding.Its a fact that many a kennel outcrossed to improve the working potential of the breed and improve them.

I know several kennels of black dogs and there has been nothing mixed with them in years of breeding, they don't need to, the black terrier has all it takes to make an earth dog, agree some have gone mad and x them with bull blood and other stuff but them same dogs had to be lacking to start with. The line I keep has had nothing added to it in 60 year from the man that bred them and the men that bred the original stuff, I don't believe they used anything either, why fix something that's not broke . The bedlington and border and all them other types have all been f****d up by the kc club  I know some lads still try to work them and keep them right but percentage wise compared to the black dogs there way behind, like how many workers do you get when you breed a litter, straight up and I mean to a high level, not bolting the odd fox from a drain, I mean out and out digging dogs that will be dug to consistently every time there fit,and how much wastage is there compared to the black dogs, and I know in some cases there's a lot in the black dogs aswell but that's down imo to the way they are bred as I think  a good 75 percent of pups bred nowadays are for profit. 

• Like 1
On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 20:06, fat man said:

I know several kennels of black dogs and there has been nothing mixed with them in years of breeding, they don't need to, the black terrier has all it takes to make an earth dog, agree some have gone mad and x them with bull blood and other stuff but them same dogs had to be lacking to start with. The line I keep has had nothing added to it in 60 year from the man that bred them and the men that bred the original stuff, I don't believe they used anything either, why fix something that's not broke . The bedlington and border and all them other types have all been f****d up by the kc club  I know some lads still try to work them and keep them right but percentage wise compared to the black dogs there way behind, like how many workers do you get when you breed a litter, straight up and I mean to a high level, not bolting the odd fox from a drain, I mean out and out digging dogs that will be dug to consistently every time there fit,and how much wastage is there compared to the black dogs, and I know in some cases there's a lot in the black dogs aswell but that's down imo to the way they are bred as I think  a good 75 percent of pups bred nowadays are for profit. 

Edited by morton
Went toxic
15 hours ago, morton said:

The black terrier is more basterdised than most.It became the go to terrier,everybody wanted one and everybody started breeding.Its a fact that many a kennel outcrossed to improve the working potential of the breed and improve them.

To my knowledge and I suspect many others Mort ,the black terrier has only ever used another black terrier for an outcross .No lads I know would dream of going to another breed to fix anything .If we are to believe the gene pool of blacks came  from a few yards way back then there’s no tighter breed than a pat .
You poodle enthusiasts seem to have an outcross every other breeding ,each one the holy grail to fix the breed .

Yours are so f****d up it’s about time you created a new name ,how about Mortlingtons .

• Haha 2
15 hours ago, morton said:

We have an awful lot we may agree on,yet its impossible to state there is a line of pure bred black terriers when none ever existed,its also impossible to fully know an outcross lineage as most of them carried an unknown factor.I totally agree that the black terrier went down the outcross route because of poor breeding standard,as you say"why fix something that's not broke".The money men put dollar before work ethic,something that's fecked up most working terrier breeds,this breeding infiltrates all future generations at times,it may not show up on paper,it may be denounced,yet its there.The way forward is to accept that fact and never willingly breed towards a lie again.The working terrier suffers because of chancers and profit and again its not a modernish phase in the terriers development and many a turd is to be found in all breeding,it may go back further in some,it may play an insignificant role in the work ethic of future litters yet its there and will always surface at times.There is to much litter wastage in the vast majority of Bedlington litters,id go as high as 95% in all Bedlingtons bred.The black terrier does not suffer with those type of statistics yet every decade that percentage is getting higher.A few like minded souls will strive to make sure the Black terrier,as a grafter,stays true to its working worth,you have a better chance as there is a better working gene pool,a few Bedlington owners only wish is to be accepted in the same manner.I can state hand on heart that my litters have an high tendency to become workers.

I agree with you and respect you for trying to keep your bedlingtons for work purposes and not show or money orientated, and you are correct, a lot of black dogs are bred nowadays just for profit, working ability doesn't come into it, it's a shame that people can actually f**k up years of breeding for a few pounds, and I've heard recently that there is talk of the patterdale being recognized by the kc, that will really f**k the breed up. 

• Sad 1
55 minutes ago, fat man said:

I agree with you and respect you for trying to keep your bedlingtons for work purposes and not show or money orientated, and you are correct, a lot of black dogs are bred nowadays just for profit, working ability doesn't come into it, it's a shame that people can actually f**k up years of breeding for a few pounds, and I've heard recently that there is talk of the patterdale being recognized by the kc, that will really f**k the breed up. 

Thats what fecked up every breed well that and money , the humble little beddy/ whippet will be next for kc reg , i see only this morning someone asking if £1200 is a fair price for one ffs the dog world has gone mad 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, fat man said:

Thats what fecked up every breed well that and money , the humble little beddy/ whippet will be next for kc reg , i see only this morning someone asking if £1200 is a fair price for one ffs the dog world has gone mad 

1 hour ago, fat man said:

What is in your black terrier then what type is it it’s a mongrel and it’s a cross bred look /read the old books twere they bred in the fells border bedlington Lakeland yes I know you wouldn’t introduce this blood again because there kc animals but your dogs have originated from these dogs have a DNA test you’d be surprised atb

• Like 1

I’m not concerned with the Jurassic period mate when no one had a fecking scooby what they were doing .I  know nothing  about it’s creation than other than which I’ve seen with my own eyes .Im writing about the breeders in my time that have produced a terrier with no need to bastardise it with poodles ,otter lookalikes or Black and Tan Russell’s .Beddies on the other hand .......

On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 18:12, foxdropper said:

I’m not concerned with the Jurassic period mate when no one had a fecking scooby what they were doing .Im writing about the breeders in my time that have produced a terrier with no need to bastardise it with poodles ,otter lookalikes or Black and Tan Russell’s .Beddies on the other hand .......

Edited by morton
Went toxic
  • Haha 2