What's everyone feeding?

1 hour ago, The one said:

Raw mince  and a tin of sardines once a week i went to greyshill before this lockdown and filled my big freezer should have enough for a few months  

The tripe from there is good mince it through with the rabbits  its still open is it not 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My lot get food similar to this in whatever variation. This mix was chicken beef and trout. I also add mixed veg to every meal.   

Costs me 100 quid every 6-7 weeks to feed my two. They get lamb, beef, tripe and chicken. All top quality and they throw me a big bag of bones and scraps from pig bones and skin to to offcuts of lamb

If its being picky simply lift the dish away same thing every day until it starts eating, itll soon start to eat whats given to it. 

Posted Images

It’s good food mate ! expensive but the dogs coats look good off it. I only give a handful alternative days the rest they get raw beef,chicken, fish etc. Peak performance is good if exercising heavy or in the working season. 

9 hours ago, The one said:

No its just raw meat minced  i get bones for them and they will have a good go at them  , But they wont touch veg or porrage or rice  so i'm a bit limited 

Just mix rice or other carbs in with the meat so they can’t be picky, they can either eat all of it or none of it they’ll soon sort themselves out

9 hours ago, The one said:

No its just raw meat minced  i get bones for them and they will have a good go at them  , But they wont touch veg or porrage or rice  so i'm a bit limited 

Just mix rice or other carbs in with the meat so they can’t be picky, they can either eat all of it or none of it they’ll soon sort themselves out

I Feed a fair amount of fish, dogs look and preform well on it., salmon heads, tails, sprats, herring, joey mackerel, trout, sardines, mixed with minced green tripe, meaty bones, chicken, duck,rabbit, beef, lites,hearts, liver pasta, brown bread and a handful of biscuits. Spend around 60/70 notes every 6 weeks, feeds 2 lurchers, 4 terriers and a load of ferrets.... Pick up bits and bobs on my mooches and roadkill?

• Like 5

Variety is the spice of life and diet,  mix table scraps with complete they'll eat more, add a table spoon on veg oil to the bowl daily to give a few more calories and make it a bit more appetising.

As some else said pick up the bowl and chuck anything not eaten if they leave it, if they think they're losing it they eat more, ,feed twice a day, main meal one end of the day and  then a snack other end  meat and bones couple of times a week.

Picky eaters tend to become picky on anything in the end so remember they won't starve themselves and heavy muscled dogs look good but like body builders they don't run so well beyond a 100 meters.?

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 2