Sheep and lambs

Only owned two bitches in 40 years that i'd say were bomb proof with sheep.

Thing is i couldn't tell you where there is a field of sheep within 20 minutes drive of here. The odd farmer local puts a few on a field for a couple of weeks a year at the most, they usually come from Wales so the farmers tell me...

So no, i never really have much opportunity to fully stock train mine as i'd like.

I'm not worried by that either, sure it'd be nice but it ain't the end of the world...

I simply avoid fields with sheep in them, always have done.

Same with any stock though, i feckin hate horses at night, thry are fecking nasty and had a few close calls with crazy cattle..!

So now i simply move on and leave farm critters well alone at night.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never hurts to keep on top of them? Reminds me to get back out in amongst them with the wheaten x... She not seen any for a few months, stuck local only got cattle and horses which she is bombpro

Best not bother ewes in lamb or any form of sheep.stay out the road on um if possible however good the dogs are imo 

Have You soiled your only pair of y fronts again mort? ? No one is advocating slipping dogs through sheep..... That would be on par with letting more than one terrier to ground at once?people in glass

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Bosun11 said:

Thing is i couldn't tell you where there are a field of sheep within 20 minutes drive of here. The odd farmer local puts a few on a field for a couple of weeks a year at the most, they usually come from Wales so the farmers tell me...

So no, i never really have much opportunity to fully stock train mine as i'd like.

I'm not worried by that either, sure it'd be nice but it ain't the end of the world...

Same with any stock though, i feckin hate horses at night, thry are fecking nasty and had a few close calls with crazy cattle..!

Fecking amateur 

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Thing is i couldn't tell you where there are a field of sheep within 20 minutes drive of here. The odd farmer local puts a few on a field for a couple of weeks a year at the most, they usually come from Wales so the farmers tell me...

Next time you see little Tony bosun ask him about the donkey sanitary at Blackpool ? but I agree about horses and bullocks 

• Like 1
Just now, Blackmag said:

Next time you see little Tony bosun ask him about the donkey sanitary at Blackpool ? but I agree about horses and bullocks 

I will do mate, though its been a few years since i seen him.

Had far too many crazy nights with horses and cattle years ago, that i now simply avoid.

I've been lucky with regard to sheep and lurchers i suppose but always treated them with caution. 

Not so much luck with terriers and mutton though but thats for another section..! 

I will do mate, though its been a few years since i seen him.

Had far too many crazy nights with horses and cattle years ago, that i now simply avoid.

I've been lucky with regard to sheep and lurchers i suppose but always treated them with caution. 

Not so much luck with terriers and mutton though but thats for another section..! 

I terriers are a different all together when's the pup coming with this lot going on I hope your well did you ever get anything out of ox 

1 hour ago, morton said:

Sheep farmers are possibly the poorest farmers in the country,thats in the UK,far,far different to NZ.Every sheep injured,killed or injured by a pricks untrained lurcher,or any other mongrel,is a loss they cannot afford,every lamb aborted because a prick wants a little T-shirt hunting,is a loss they cannot afford.I despise with every fibre in my body the feckless wankers that cannot control their slips or train a fecking mongrel before they let it off a leash,if that keeps me at odds with many on here then i know for a fecking fact the art of lurcher ownership is on a downward spiral.

You know I'm a sheep farmer right?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Seen it loads of times mate?that's why it's handy to get them amongst them from time to time?

I believe that's what Ray was saying at the start?

Yer sorry . . . . I kind of took it a bit off topic, I just happened to watch a video on you tube last night and it got me thinking . . . . . 

12 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I terriers are a different all together when's the pup coming with this lot going on I hope your well did you ever get anything out of ox 

Pup should be ready at the end of the week mate. Hope i dont have any issues picking it up, as its a holiday hotspot..!

Nope never got anything out of Ox, he was a total dud at lining bitches and i don't have the skills to sort that. A few lads said about straws from him but it never happened...

Pup should be ready at the end of the week mate. Hope i dont have any issues picking it up, as its a holiday hotspot..!

Nope never got anything out of Ox, he was a total dud at lining bitches and i don't have the skills to sort that. A few lads said about straws from him but it never happened...

Shame about ox  if you need any help picking the pup up let me know 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, morton said:

It makes little difference how bomb proof a small percentage of dogs are,especially when lambs are in the fields,ask your best friend to explain that fact to you,it does not need explaining to me.

Depends on the sheep(and farmer) doesn't it, aren't all wild.

You've also got farmers chasing f**k out of them with the bike/dog and catching them with the dog etc all more stressful than a steady dog passing