• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another cracking day for it yesterday.... Spicy spatchcock chicken, potato wedges and vegetables...   

After you boys got my mouth watering got this bad boy out of the freezer. Cheers Arry

Had one yesterday..very nice.. Done my tikka chicken kebabs Terriakya veg A couple of salads...with home made dressings...I enjoy a bit of cooking and like it more outside..

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

How's the best way to poach them

As Kanny said Fresh eggs is best they hold together better. The older the egg the more watery they get. Just boil a pan of water and crack them into the water just simmering. I crack mine into a ladle and lower gently in. Approximately 3 minutes as with boiled eggs fresh take a bit longer, the white of the egg should be white and firm. Place on toast and cut straight away to stop them going hard.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
2 hours ago, green lurchers said:

Something very special about boiled eggs ?30EEE0F7-9062-4F71-B668-A8270364BA72.jpeg.562bb53653e597942bb2f29c197d2030.jpeg

That does look pretty much the perfect boiled egg to be fair.....any longer and you cant dip your soldiers in....any shorter and its full of snot.

Toasted soldiers or bread is the only conundrum now.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

That does look pretty much the perfect boiled egg to be fair.....any longer and you cant dip your soldiers in....any shorter and its full of snot.

Me and the mrs was having this debate I’ve always had bread she’s always had toast and I’ve never tryed with toast so it’s bread all the way for me 

5 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Me and the mrs was having this debate I’ve always had bread she’s always had toast and I’ve never tryed with toast so it’s bread all the way for me 

Its a difficult one....if i dont mind getting down and dirty then its thick crusty bread....but on best behaviour its toasted all day long.....6 soldiers to 1 slice is perfect for width.....6 dips to 1 egg.....butter has to of melted into the toast or again it gets too messy.....glass of pure orange followed by 2 normal toast/marmalade with a nice cuppa rosey does the trick for me.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Its a difficult one....if i dont mind getting down and dirty then its thick crusty bread....but on best behaviour its toasted all day long.....6 soldiers to 1 slice is perfect for width.....6 dips to 1 egg.....butter has to of melted into the toast or again it gets too messy.....glass of pure orange followed by 2 normal toast/marmalade with a nice cuppa rosey does the trick for me.

I can see you haven’t really thought this through mate ! ? 

• Haha 6
22 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I think the real conundrum would be, does he put marmite on his soldiers or not? ? 

32 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I get the toast or bread which way to go but they all soldiers at the end of the day if it gets on top I guess half n half is the solution lol 

Edited by green lurchers
2 minutes ago, shaaark said:

I think the real conundrum would be, does he put marmite on his soldiers or not? ? 

As in.....dip a marmite soldier into a yolk ? 

Well shit in your hat and punch it........it sounds revolting but i might have to try that.

• Haha 1

Got a few things marinating for the afternoon Bbq.  The chicken is sitting in a bowl of garlic and fresh squeezed orange but felt drawn to add maximum heat so a whole dried home grown Carolina reaper has found its way into the marinade Sort of adds to the bbq adventure lol 

47AA4682-D3E0-41CC-8589-19E005390691.jpeg

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Looks a good haul there mate is that mozzarella in the toms ? 

Yes mate, mozzarella with basil and balsamic dressing....it all went down well....the family are well fed during lockdown! Lol

• Like 1