Beddy greyhound

50 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

My bitch got a perfect thick jacket on.her as so one of my hybred terriers ? But some hybred terriers have real bad coats thats why i would go 4 A lurcher bred out one

Both mine have as well mate The half x I used had a really good hard coat that’s the way I plan on keeping it further Down the road if an when We have to find another f1 dog to put back in but we’re all good for a couple of generations yet we’ve got the right ingredients to type breed and line breed if we wish were probably sorted for the next 10yrs or so I’d think it’s a case of finding out in this second generation type needs what there capable of very impressed so far

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I owned a Beddy/whippet bitch,about21",a few decades ago now.I paid about £20 for it at 14 months of age and the lad was sick of it because it chased hard and would not strike.I spent a few months get

Lovely bitch Poxon. Think mines done in height now 23.5tts 10 months. 

My beddy lurcher 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, poxon said:

Both mine have as well mate The half x I used had a really good hard coat that’s the way I plan on keeping it further Down the road if an when We have to find another f1 dog to put back in but we’re all good for a couple of generations yet we’ve got the right ingredients to type breed and line breed if we wish were probably sorted for the next 10yrs or so I’d think it’s a case of finding out in this second generation type needs what there capable of very impressed so far

The only other i know got one out the same as mine is moocher 71 on here and he has a bitch aswell but im sure theres dogs out there mate ? Maybe worth tracking one down ?

28 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

The only other i know got one out the same as mine is moocher 71 on here and he has a bitch aswell but im sure theres dogs out there mate ? Maybe worth tracking one down ?

We’re in no need for one yet mate that’s a long way off adding any more base blood what we got now is near on half blood 

37 minutes ago, poxon said:

We’re in no need for one yet mate that’s a long way off adding any more base blood what we got now is near on half blood 

37 minutes ago, poxon said:

If u seen the photo i put up of the mateing u can see the jacket on the beddy 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 30/03/2020 at 13:02, white van man said:

I think there will be decent beddy X out there kept in small circles. The ones for sale advertised as green grass types and fetching £400 + need to be discounted. I had a beddy grey type as my first Lurcher. I was a kid and he was wasted on me to be honest. Would love to have him as a pup again now. I just know he had it in him to make a very good dog. I tried to get one a couple of years ago but the line has finished. People need to think twice before they stud out to just any old bitch and the same goes for for the dams owner. You got to know what you want and see the dogs doing what you want. Not just Facebook pictures. Sounds like you put a lot of effort and time in poxon. ?

I find most beddy lurchers just aren't tested enough or not seriously enough, most lurchers can catch the odd h,d,f but just doing it once or twice as well as ferreting on a weekend and a once a month lamping trip doesn't make it a tested dog in my opinion. I know one 3/8 beddy 5/8 grew then lamps for a keeper several times a week doing multiple a night, single or double he doesn't mind plus easily single handed fills the freezer, also draws alongside terriers. Very few if any beddy lurchers put in the graft that dog does and on top of that he's trained to gundog standards and easily out performs spaniels and labs on the shooting lines. Dogs like him are rare but not sure if it's due to the dogs not being up for much or if it's kennel blindness that encourages people to think their once a week lamping dog is a world beater and are happy to settle for minimal effort. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Vicky Steadman said:

I find most beddy lurchers just aren't tested enough or not seriously enough, most lurchers can catch the odd h,d,f but just doing it once or twice as well as ferreting on a weekend and a once a month lamping trip doesn't make it a tested dog in my opinion. I know one 3/8 beddy 5/8 grew then lamps for a keeper several times a week doing multiple a night, single or double he doesn't mind plus easily single handed fills the freezer, also draws alongside terriers. Very few if any beddy lurchers put in the graft that dog does and on top of that he's trained to gundog standards and easily out performs spaniels and labs on the shooting lines. Dogs like him are rare but not sure if it's due to the dogs not being up for much or if it's kennel blindness that encourages people to think their once a week lamping dog is a world beater and are happy to settle for minimal effort. 

In cases like that then he would be the type that people should want to use as a stud dog. There is an element of kennel blindness with all breeds. Some people are happy getting out once or twice a week and most dogs would suit them. Just be easier if people where honest when breeding. 

1 minute ago, white van man said:

In cases like that then he would be the type that people should want to use as a stud dog. There is an element of kennel blindness with all breeds. Some people are happy getting out once or twice a week and most dogs would suit them. Just be easier if people where honest when breeding. 

I had hoped to use him over my bitch last year but unfortunatley for personal reasons he had to cancel the arrangement.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Vicky Steadman said:

I had hoped to use him over my bitch last year but unfortunatley for personal reasons he had to cancel the arrangement.

These things happen. It’s just a shame when you have your heart set on the dog you want to use 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, white van man said:

These things happen. It’s just a shame when you have your heart set on the dog you want to use 

Real gutted and very last minute, my bitch was on day 13 so I had to find another dog as I didn't want to miss thst season, very happy with the 2nd option and the pups are crackers but I'd have loved to see what the original choice would have thrown

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Vicky Steadman said:

Real gutted and very last minute, my bitch was on day 13 so I had to find another dog as I didn't want to miss thst season, very happy with the 2nd option and the pups are crackers but I'd have loved to see what the original choice would have thrown

it is what it is vicky I’d like to of seen the offspring of the first choice of stud I like that dog a lot but the second choice isn’t bad choice either it’s seems to of produced the goods so far every ones happy with them an there all honest owners that are going to use them what there bred for That’s all you can ask for tbh  

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Vicky Steadman said:

A lot of sense spoken in that post it’s the same with all crosses 

7 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

Some beddy crosses see plenty work on z busy shoot and not just picking up either ?

8d7d7b3a-a676-4c33-890a-bdd2a8a0d434.jpg

Yeah my 1/4 bedlington bitch comes out beating, we did 3 days a week last season on 3 different shoots, great nose for flushing birds and handy at picking up, only issue is deer numbers I can't call her off them so often work her on slips for pest control if anything looks like disturbing the game birds. Very handy bitch catches them in woods and open fields, keeps the keepers happy. Love it when she sorts something out and you get a cheer go up from the beating line or praise from the guns afterward haha.

IMG_20200127_192149_303.jpg

• Like 9
9 minutes ago, Vicky Steadman said:

Yeah my 1/4 bedlington bitch comes out beating, we did 3 days a week last season on 3 different shoots, great nose for flushing birds and handy at picking up, only issue is deer numbers I can't call her off them so often work her on slips for pest control if anything looks like disturbing the game birds. Very handy bitch catches them in woods and open fields, keeps the keepers happy. Love it when she sorts something out and you get a cheer go up from the beating line or praise from the guns afterward haha.

IMG_20200127_192149_303.jpg

Cracking looking bitch ?

Is that the litter sister to poxon's white and black bitch?

Edited by shaaark