• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've ditched the upper/lower split in favour of full body. No weights, just a heap of calisthenics. Probably increase the frequency of my workouts too. My gym has suspended all memberships, but I

Why did you stop after the warm up .......

That’s a quarter of his estate .......

Posted Images

2 hours ago, socks said:

My elbows are f****d so can’t seriously train anymore but used to hang a 25kg plate off my belt for 20 reps for 3-5 sets. 

Could be why the elbows are f#*ked mate?

39 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I do summat similar with a bit weight. Iv more than got there now I reckon just wanna get me definded??

I used to have decent calves in my younger days.and 1 thing i have noticed over the years.

Is that calves don't fade away like other muscles.maybe it's cos we are using them constantly.

I've still got a decent step in mine but they have softened the last 1yr especially.

Give them hell mate they will be defined then.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I got a question for the guys in the know?

what’s the pluses an negatives on spending most time just on one particular area? I got a bit of a dodgy side an can’t lift heavy or stretch me arms out with weight, so spent a lot time on me legs, I’m on them all time so decided to spend lots time on em, during that I spent even more time jus on me calves an it’s worked, I still do a few bits an bobs to make sure I’m sill getting a workout for most body but nowhere near what I doing on legs . 

anyways when I get to point I can lift again can I use same process of just doing one area at time rather than working whole body or each sort a couple time a week, I’d rather do say 5 or 6 sessions in area I wanna hit an maybe couple on the rest?

will this work???

Stand on your toes and tense your calves let's have a pic of them.

17 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

f**k this is going gay quick...

Pics of food everywhere and now show me your legs..THL...is doomed!! Lol

Shape of things to come. Lockdown n all that.

On 13/04/2020 at 17:20, W. Katchum said:

I give em a bash? any advice for me calves ??

Give the mrs a piggy back,stand on the edge of a step doing donkey calf raises.........its a great exercise,good fun......and often leads to sex :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 13/04/2020 at 18:00, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Just seen this mate , 

its about the diameter of a red bull can , I like it as I can “splay” grip if I’m a bit sore for the dips and the pull up bat height is a little above my standing stretch so I can do negatives etc . 

A good frame I found lying around one day at work and acquired. It’s been outdoors at our office and we use it most weeks as a troop and it’s held together 

Some of the best equipment ive used to target specific muscle groups has been odds and sods laying about that ive " manufactured " into something......some of the contraptions ive made up with cables and pulleys to get the right angles look outright bizarre !.....my eyes lit up when i saw that bar it looks right up my street ?

On 13/04/2020 at 17:11, socks said:

My elbows are f****d so can’t seriously train anymore but used to hang a 25kg plate off my belt for 20 reps for 3-5 sets. 

Course you can train with a f****d elbow stop making excuses ?

Third op for the same thing and back in training next Monday 

IMG_1606.jpg

Edited by gnasher16
6 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Course you can train with a f****d elbow stop making excuses ?

Third op for the same thing and back in training next Monday 

IMG_1606.jpg

Can’t get on operation on the nhs and 

cant afford to go private.  

f****n disgusts me this country does sometimes......so a geezer serves his country when his country needs him but it doesnt serve him when he needs his country.....what a shambles !......whats the issue with them mate ?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

f****n disgusts me this country does sometimes......so a geezer serves his country when his country needs him but it doesnt serve him when he needs his country.....what a shambles !......whats the issue with them mate ?

They class it as a non essential operation as I can reduce the pain and inflammation by not doing weights or lifting anything heavy. So to them it’s a lifestyle choice that if I change can reduce my symptoms and pain .....