34 minutes ago, socks said:

Can’t get on operation on the nhs and 

cant afford to go private.  

Get to the careers office tomorrow and get yourself on sick parade down the med centre on Monday morning ?

Screenshot_20200415-125428_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've ditched the upper/lower split in favour of full body. No weights, just a heap of calisthenics. Probably increase the frequency of my workouts too. My gym has suspended all memberships, but I

Why did you stop after the warm up .......

That’s a quarter of his estate .......

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

That looks painful mate

Its not too bad mate that was a while ago all the bruising has gone now,like i said its the third time so i know what to expect...hopefully third time lucky or its back to the drawing board !

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Its not too bad mate that was a while ago all the bruising has gone now,like i said its the third time so i know what to expect...hopefully third time lucky or its back to the drawing board !

Fingers crossed mate

• Like 1
3 hours ago, MH1 said:

Get to the careers office tomorrow and get yourself on sick parade down the med centre on Monday morning ?

Screenshot_20200415-125428_Samsung Internet.jpg

? can imagine. Re enlist on the Monday and sick parade on the Tuesday morning with an indefinite biff chit ???

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Where was your pain mate ? The epicentre of mine is where I’ve put the blue dot .....

BD4BDCBF-0A9E-4A2E-A0AA-A04922A1CC61.jpeg

0B8EB83B-29F1-4F9D-984F-8FCA43513781.jpeg

5 minutes ago, socks said:

? can imagine. Re enlist on the Monday and sick parade on the Tuesday morning with an indefinite biff chit ???

You wouldn’t recognise the army now mate I’d guess . 

It’d be like you coming to college . 

We’ve just had a lad rejoin after a decade out and he’s of no use whatsoever as he’s not trained on a single piece of equipment now . 

Shame as he’s a cracking lad as well 

1 hour ago, socks said:

Where was your pain mate ? The epicentre of mine is where I’ve put the blue dot .....

BD4BDCBF-0A9E-4A2E-A0AA-A04922A1CC61.jpeg

0B8EB83B-29F1-4F9D-984F-8FCA43513781.jpeg

I didnt really have much pain it was more a range of motion type thing i tore the tendon off the bone arm wrestling years ago and had it fixed but its happened again twice more since and theres always a partial tear there as it doesnt fully repair.... its so hard to heal tendons quickly as you have to get a ton of blood flow through it and so it left the tendon attachment point frayed and didnt bridge the gap properly....i had almost given up on ever getting it right again but a really good surgeon i saw convinced me of a different way of doing the surgery and now im very hopeful.....i was probably only about 10 - 20 % down strength wise and it was only really painful under big strain and even then only in a supinated position.....like i say it wasnt terribly painful just felt unstable like if you really turned the revs up it would just let go.

What is yours down to mate what is the operation you need ?.....its a joint ive almost become an expert in over the years unfortunately ?

Edited by gnasher16

Elbow pain is a killer I suffer with golfers elbow (never played golf ??) ..

Pain shoots up into my wrist and fingers some days I can't open a bloody door with that arm and don't get a full night's sleep as it wakes me up ?

• Like 2
4 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I didnt really have much pain it was more a range of motion type thing i tore the tendon off the bone arm wrestling years ago and had it fixed but its happened again twice more since and theres always a partial tear there as it doesnt fully repair.... its so hard to heal tendons quickly as you have to get a ton of blood flow through it and so it left the tendon attachment point frayed and didnt bridge the gap properly....i had almost given up on ever getting it right again but a really good surgeon i saw convinced me of a different way of doing the surgery and now im very hopeful.....i was probably only about 10 - 20 % down strength wise and it was only really painful under big strain and even then only in a supinated position.....like i say it wasnt terribly painful just felt unstable like if you really turned the revs up it would just let go.

What is yours down to mate what is the operation you need ?.....its a joint ive almost become an expert in over the years unfortunately ?

They’ve never told me what the operation may be As they keep telling me I’m not eligible for one. I had the injury a long time ago whilst I was in Kosovo so the quick fix was to go up to the yank base once a month for three months and have a cortisone injection Directly deep into my elbow with a needle that was the thickness of a piece of spaghetti .... they would mix it with a pain reliever and anesthetiser that would knock me out for 24 hours. When I got back life was always to busy to get it sorted but know as I’m getting older it’s bothering me more and more ......

6 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

You wouldn’t recognise the army now mate I’d guess . 

It’d be like you coming to college . 

We’ve just had a lad rejoin after a decade out and he’s of no use whatsoever as he’s not trained on a single piece of equipment now . 

Shame as he’s a cracking lad as well 

Luckily I’m a dumb grunt mate and the weapon systems haven’t changed  ? ......   

• Like 1
12 hours ago, socks said:

They’ve never told me what the operation may be As they keep telling me I’m not eligible for one. I had the injury a long time ago whilst I was in Kosovo so the quick fix was to go up to the yank base once a month for three months and have a cortisone injection Directly deep into my elbow with a needle that was the thickness of a piece of spaghetti .... they would mix it with a pain reliever and anesthetiser that would knock me out for 24 hours. When I got back life was always to busy to get it sorted but know as I’m getting older it’s bothering me more and more ......

Obviously you,d have to find out whats wrong with it you might not even need surgery but cortisone into a tendon is a big no no nowadays i wont go right into it but its all to do with cell viability and how collagen fragments etc  its like a 2 steps forward 3 steps back kind of thing.....these days they are doing Platelet rich plasma treatments where they put your own blood back into painful areas to regenerate cells in the blood and cause the tendons to heal themselves....its stopping a lot of folk having to go under the knife for many elbow problems,obviously issues like mine are too far gone for that but its perfect for tennis elbow types...you should at least get a diagnosis mate.

1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

Obviously you,d have to find out whats wrong with it you might not even need surgery but cortisone into a tendon is a big no no nowadays i wont go right into it but its all to do with cell viability and how collagen fragments etc  its like a 2 steps forward 3 steps back kind of thing.....these days they are doing Platelet rich plasma treatments where they put your own blood back into painful areas to regenerate cells in the blood and cause the tendons to heal themselves....its stopping a lot of folk having to go under the knife for many elbow problems,obviously issues like mine are too far gone for that but its perfect for tennis elbow types...you should at least get a diagnosis mate.

Cheers for the info mate. As I said the cortison jabs were typical army patch you up to keep going lol ... once this bollox is all over I will definitely get up the docs to have it re looked at. 

14 minutes ago, socks said:

Cheers for the info mate. As I said the cortison jabs were typical army patch you up to keep going lol ... once this bollox is all over I will definitely get up the docs to have it re looked at. 

No of course your right it was standard " get him through the game " type treatment....the amount of 80,s footballers walking round today with shot knees due to cortisone is unbelievable....let us know how it go,s mate.

• Like 1