• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've ditched the upper/lower split in favour of full body. No weights, just a heap of calisthenics. Probably increase the frequency of my workouts too. My gym has suspended all memberships, but I

Why did you stop after the warm up .......

That’s a quarter of his estate .......

Posted Images

13 hours ago, mushroom said:

If you've got no weights or not enough room to set a gym space up, I highly recommend the home work out app (see bottom right of pic). It's free on Google play. 

659740800_Screenshot_20200412-220851_SamsungExperienceHome.jpg.1c5a06e16643c8cdfb34ec9d2ea5b93e.jpg

The Mrs has just ordered us a set of resistance bands. They should be here tomorrow, so I'll be starting a daily routine with them the coming week plus the home workout.

have you ordered the right sized ones......theres quite a few difrent types.....some are what they call hip circles.....and are typicaly used in warm ups with regards to sqating and stuff....these are quite short....the other longer ones around 6 foot are the ones typicaly used for doing things like assisted pull ups ..pressing ..ect

been meaning to build this home gym for about 3 year now.....fecking pissed I never got round to it.....

anything that's for sale now on ebay is so over priced.....even them plastic filled York dumbells are fetching money....

serriosly thinking of acquiring :ninja:...a couple of beer kegs and filling one with sand or somat....

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, TOMO said:

have you ordered the right sized ones......theres quite a few difrent types.....some are what they call hip circles.....and are typicaly used in warm ups with regards to sqating and stuff....these are quite short....the other longer ones around 6 foot are the ones typicaly used for doing things like assisted pull ups ..pressing ..ect

From what I can gather she's bought a full set of both (short and long), raging from lightweight to XXheavyweight resistance. I've been watching a few vids etc and my mate has been using them for a couple of years now, so I've got a pretty good start on how to create my routine, warm up and work out.

6 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Have a look back mate. Never once tried to ridicule you or was never rude to you. Have a read and back and see . If anything it's the other way around.  Only time I said anything was last comment and I stand by it you came across like a know it all and quite snobby in this thread. If in wrong and you can show where I ridiculed you I'll hold my hands up but I dont see where I have. 

" highly dangerous dip station "

I was simply pointing out that most people that have been training more than a few months know that most Argos stuff is light gauge home equipment aimed at beginners and teenagers....for reasons only you know you took exception to that but no problem i cant be bolloxed in all honesty...enjoy your training :thumbs:

1 minute ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Fashioned a home made belt to hold weight plates for dips. Just starting with 2 kg for 5x5 and and goin to jump up in small incriments probably a few kg a session.  After that rattled off 75 body weight.  Not pretty but does the job.Screenshot_20200413-165650_Gallery.jpg.87979a611673bc521c05d5f7a865d953.jpg

Is that for your kid to train with ?

• Haha 5
1 minute ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Much do you do weighted dips with mate ?

Just starting and taking it easily. 

My elbows are f****d so can’t seriously train anymore but used to hang a 25kg plate off my belt for 20 reps for 3-5 sets. 

• Like 1
Just now, W. Katchum said:

I think your doing well, just thought he was funny ? I’m still doing body weight dips? only thing I add weight to is pull ups ?

If your adding weight for pull ups do wide arm and pull so the back of your neck touches the bar ?

21 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Whats the diameter of that bar Stiff about a Coke can ?......i have decent size hands and have used a similar size for grip work it certainly takes some holding.....thats a nice solid frame,if it go,s tits up its because you failed not the equipment failed ?

Just seen this mate , 

its about the diameter of a red bull can , I like it as I can “splay” grip if I’m a bit sore for the dips and the pull up bat height is a little above my standing stretch so I can do negatives etc . 

A good frame I found lying around one day at work and acquired. It’s been outdoors at our office and we use it most weeks as a troop and it’s held together 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Not to be scoffed at mate, we moved a few big loads couple weeks ago am fcuk I was like an old man next few days my lad was up at crack at dawn again, wish I was young again? got gazillions a tyres that need shifted very Soon In every size and shape ye can imagine. Feel free to pop up an help ?

When I get up there I’ll cone and do that with ya 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I give em a bash? any advice for me calves ??

Railway track is good touch each sleeper and stay on your toes.

If no disused railtrack about do a similar thing on tarmac and push hard on every step almost like a spring.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, socks said:

If your adding weight for pull ups do wide arm and pull so the back of your neck touches the bar ?

Wide arm.pull ups... that was a killer..

• Like 1