12 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I squat to a tyre , tell you what a sign is of getting old , when you put off running for two days after a squat set ... ten years ago I’d have laughed at that 

Ankles and tendons are a bit achy these days 

Same....10 years ago if id been able to run within 2 days of a leg session id know i didnt train them hard enough....infact,if sitting down to have a shit wasnt agony id know i hadnt trained them hard enough ?....different goals the older you get,these days a couple of hours biking IS a leg session for me !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've ditched the upper/lower split in favour of full body. No weights, just a heap of calisthenics. Probably increase the frequency of my workouts too. My gym has suspended all memberships, but I

Why did you stop after the warm up .......

That’s a quarter of his estate .......

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Chid said:

What I thought was a squat and how my physio showed me how to squat are worlds apart, that's why I'm asking , a true squat your knees don't move forward they stay at 90 degrees to the floor 

Mate there's many different ways to squat.....keep you back straight and break at the knees first and your knees will track over your toes....just means your using your quads more....

the way your talking....used more of your hams arse and lower back.....neither way is wrong

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, TOMO said:

Mate there's many different ways to squat.....keep you back straight and break at the knees first and your knees will track over your toes....just means your using your quads more....

the way your talking....used more of your hams arse and lower back.....neither way is wrong

Maybe not but I find the first one easy enough but second one I struggle with because of my knees ?

24 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Thors deadlift world record attempt at 5pm tonight. On rogue fitness YouTube streamed live.

Cheers for that ...I had forgot...and I have been following all the drama surrounding it.....

Although I don't share eddies thoughts on thor cheating with regard to the weights on being acurate. ...I do think it should be done in a contest...

I also think if anybody can do it thoroughly can

1 minute ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Reckon he has the 501 easy. Apparently he is going to go for broke and go for 520 if he gets the record.

Do you....I don't think he's got it easy..

..and I recon 520 is a long way to go...

Watched Julias maďdox get that 770 lbs raw bench press a couple month back.

By Christ he can press some weight

27 minutes ago, TOMO said:

Do you....I don't think he's got it easy..

..and I recon 520 is a long way to go...

Watched Julias maďdox get that 770 lbs raw bench press a couple month back.

By Christ he can press some weight

FFS thats nowt bench pressed double that before ?

???????

• Haha 1

Here's one for while the gyms are shut, full body workout as Well 

take two buckets put a foot in each one then lift yourself off the ground, alternate sets between underhand / overhand grip etc, 

Takes some time to get right so be patient, and stick at it

once mastered bring in the metal buckets, hang weights off your belt, then sandbags in a bergan, zip on side pouches, dumbbell between your teeth etc

Eddie Hall wont get a look in post lockdown

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone use/used odd objects for lifting - sandbags, kegs, tyres things like that?

Thinking of getting a few bits for the garden, can't see gyms opening any time soon.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Use what ever you can, try an get paid for it aswell an it’s a bonus haha I’m messing about with rocks just now ?

Haha job keeps me fit enough with the climbing but missing out on the strength training