what was the last film you watched

58 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Have you seen Tin Star mate ?.....pretty good series i thought.

I haven't, Gnash. No.

I liked Tim Roth since " Made In Britain ". That's when I first saw him, when that came out. I've - obviously - seen him in plenty of stuff since, apart from Reservoir Dogs - but, I can't for the life of me remember what, now. 10 Rillington was alright.

Dunno. Is it his casting, these days? Or .....

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you both enjoy it?  Cheers, D.

just watching a programme about the 84-85 miners strike and theres my father large as life on the tele walking towards the camera, he's been dead over 30 yrs, fair shook me up in a good way, wasnt exp

Posted Images

On 16/11/2020 at 13:23, gnasher16 said:

Ive seen the first one i thought that was alright only because i thought Fairbrass played the Tate part really well but aint watched the others simply because people have told me exactly what you just have ?

Vinny Jones and fairbrass are filming a new one as we speak ......

On 23/11/2020 at 20:27, Ken's Deputy said:

" Riphagen: The Untouchable "

Flix. Dutch with subtitles.

Brilliantly Horrible film. True story :( The Kunt!

I have been put off by the subtitles, but on your recommendation I watched it . I’m glad I did , very good , the man was an absolute git . 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

I have been put off by the subtitles, but on your recommendation I watched it . I’m glad I did , very good , the man was an absolute git . 

Subtitles ain’t for everyone, but much of the most interesting cinema is not in English

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Accip74 said:

Subtitles ain’t for everyone, but much of the most interesting cinema is not in English

One of the most powerful films I ever watched had no dialogue whatsoever and it was in Black & White ! 
Willem Defoe and Charlotte Gainsbourg 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
On 23/11/2020 at 12:32, Ken's Deputy said:

I haven't, Gnash. No.

I liked Tim Roth since " Made In Britain ". That's when I first saw him, when that came out. I've - obviously - seen him in plenty of stuff since, apart from Reservoir Dogs - but, I can't for the life of me remember what, now. 10 Rillington was alright.

Dunno. Is it his casting, these days? Or .....

He does seem a bit " samey " these days doesnt he mate.....ever since Pulp Fiction he seems to have adopted this nonchalant " dont give a shit " character into everything he plays Tin Star he,s the same.....its a good role dont get me wrong but i like to see a bit more range from an actor......hark at f****n Steven Spielberg here ?.....prick !

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, Accip74 said:

So many things on Netflix seem to be either subtitles or very badly dubbed i cant watch either.....authenticity is everything for me if its not believable i cant play along with it....its a shame as like you say some of these things look really good.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Started watching a series called undercover its dubbed so its spoiling it, cant be doing with subtitles if I want to read I'll pick up a book

Watched Alpha on the weekend... f**k knows what language they was speaking.... No option for subtitles or am I just thick as f**k? Enjoyed it tbf?

I completely rule out anything dubbed. That’s what the french do with everything, nobody actually likes it, but they’ve built a whole industry around dubbing so they can’t stop! ?

I’ve never had a problem with subtitles, I suppose I’m just used to it as I’ve been watching foreign cinema since a teenager.

I can’t imagine missing out on such cinematic gems like Amores Perros, City of God, Downfall, Dogman....the list is endless! All well worth the effort.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

So many things on Netflix seem to be either subtitles or very badly dubbed i cant watch either.....authenticity is everything for me if its not believable i cant play along with it....its a shame as like you say some of these things look really good.

I’m obviously watching Netflix in Belgium & in some cases there’s only a Dutch subtitle option. I’d really like to watch this Italian crime drama series Gomorra, but there’s no English subtitle option, even though the preview shows English subtitles! It’s doing my head in! ?

Edited by Accip74
9 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

I completely rule out anything dubbed. That’s what the french do with everything, nobody actually likes it, but they’ve built a whole industry around dubbing so they can’t stop! ?

I’ve never had a problem with subtitles, I suppose I’m just used to it as I’ve been watching foreign cinema since a teenager.

I can’t imagine missing out on such cinematic gems like Amores Perros, City of God, Downfall, Dogman....the list is endless! All well worth the effort.

Downfall and Das Boot are two greats mate.

I prefer a lot of those Nordic mini series things too, they seem to mainly be detective things but I like them......better than that American dross anyway.

That said I was a fan of Trueblood.

Ill also own up to the fact me and the boy have lived our life to Will Ferrell and John C Riley films ! 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, WILF said:

Downfall and Das Boot are two greats mate.

I prefer a lot of those Nordic mini series things too, they seem to mainly be detective things but I like them......better than that American dross anyway.

That said I was a fan of Trueblood.

Ill also own up to the fact me and the boy have lived our life to Will Ferrell and John C Riley films ! 

I forgot to mention La Haine in that list. They re-released that this year as it’s 25th anniversary. Absolute classic & shot in stunning black & white ?

• Like 2