• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a call at dinner about another 90k job shelved. 2 calls after Boris speech at 9pmish shutting my only 2 live sites left. That sees me about 450k down now, 650k if u include phase 2 on one of them.

My Mrs works for Miller and Carter, she offered to have her hrs cut and stay home until this blows over..... Around £1800 less a month....only my Wages coming in now... But for how long? Cancelled my

Sounds wrong but I take some comfort in the fact it will affect the masses so everyone will need help with this one. I have some money in the business and monies still due in so I will be ok for a lit

Posted Images

My Mrs works for Miller and Carter, she offered to have her hrs cut and stay home until this blows over..... Around £1800 less a month....only my Wages coming in now... But for how long? Cancelled my truck insurance and tax for next 3 months, moved all our money from current account to savings and taken a couple of k in cash out, so I can get my hands on it, if shit hits the fan?.. Loving the fact I can get to and from work in an hr, because there's no traffic on the roads?

• Like 7

Next week I was supposed to visit a site, shoot pigeons and clean pigeon shite while wearing gloves and mask. They were worried about shooting with staff and public present. That job has shut down and is running on skeleton staff....iv been told not to go. 

Another job, shooting pigeons at a supermarket, worried about public present.....is going ahead, while the supermarket is busier than ever. Strange times 

Plenty of work in like and still getting calls and providing I can still get materials should be ok I   had a kick in the nuts today one customer  as had administrators in on a new build im owned a good few quid on it so I will see what's what but not looking good but there's worst of than me at this time and I still have work but that's life 

• Like 1

Weird times...

Mrs hair salon is still open today, but think it will be shut next week.. she has to self isolate but her staff have been brilliant, they are all concerned about the virus but probably more worried about their money when they are forced to close..

The building works, have dropped away and been put back, loads of work won but start dates are sliding back...enough to keep ticking but after a horrendous winter this is tough!

Hydrogen cells business can be run from home and majority is sold out of the country, still weird as it's all the world is talking about, our distributors are all in the same boat as us.. 

I think having some cash at hand now will be useful and taking mortgage breaks, stopping direct debits for hp agreements, gyms etc, 

Also have to speak to the utility companies, council tax etc...if we arent earning how can we pay Bill's?

We are all in the same boat, it will be a financial test for us all, God knows how it will all add up in the future, the bail out will come at a cost no doubt...

Strange times, just got to get on with it as best you can..

• Like 3
21 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

My Mrs works for Miller and Carter, she offered to have her hrs cut and stay home until this blows over..... Around £1800 less a month....only my Wages coming in now... But for how long? Cancelled my truck insurance and tax for next 3 months, moved all our money from current account to savings and taken a couple of k in cash out, so I can get my hands on it, if shit hits the fan?.. Loving the fact I can get to and from work in an hr, because there's no traffic on the roads?

Good move

Not sure what to do at all. 

Mrs works in for a meat wholesalers and they are frantically busy . She’s working everyday at minute . Took 12 grand  since weds through the tills . 

My little boys nursery is closed. My girls school shut yesterday . 

Monday is the start of my last week at work. Gym at camp is closed so can’t really do anything with the kids other than garden. 

I’m packing my house up to move . 

Movers are booked for April 6th in Suffolk while I pick up my keys in north York’s. Hotel booked for the family that night close by. 

Will be getting the train back to uplift our second car and hand the house back the next day. 

Conplicated enough without the stress of will the movers be working ? Will the hotel be open still? 

I’m classed as a key worker at present but currently no means whatsoever for childcare , she’s a key worker also and we need her wage really to steer us through an expensive month . 

Add to the fact my mother in law has c o p d and is three hundred miles away at present. She’s been self isolating for a month and her mental health is deteriorating rapidly. 

Were lucky in reality. I actually dread to think how couples with jobs in retail etc , no support networks , 2 kids are going to manage this for 3 /4 months . terrible 

Building sites down here are still flat out there not close till there forced to as building directors are money orientated c**ts there not bothered about lads health long as it don’t effect them getting there money out of trades there not bothered because they can sit in a office or there own home isolating why shouting orders at there site agents that are on the ground an front line in my eyes building sites would be a place this virus could spread like wildfire as all trades are in close contact with each other some of us can get to a few different sites a day if we have this virus we’re helping spread it It’s madness you got lads coming from all over up an down the county some lads come up this way for work stay in pub b&bs in the week an go home at weekends bloody crazy building sites are a breeding ground for disaster in my eyes 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Not sure what to do at all. 

Mrs works in for a meat wholesalers and they are frantically busy . She’s working everyday at minute . Took 12 grand  since weds through the tills . 

My little boys nursery is closed. My girls school shut yesterday . 

Monday is the start of my last week at work. Gym at camp is closed so can’t really do anything with the kids other than garden. 

I’m packing my house up to move . 

Movers are booked for April 6th in Suffolk while I pick up my keys in north York’s. Hotel booked for the family that night close by. 

Will be getting the train back to uplift our second car and hand the house back the next day. 

Conplicated enough without the stress of will the movers be working ? Will the hotel be open still? 

I’m classed as a key worker at present but currently no means whatsoever for childcare , she’s a key worker also and we need her wage really to steer us through an expensive month . 

Add to the fact my mother in law has c o p d and is three hundred miles away at present. She’s been self isolating for a month and her mental health is deteriorating rapidly. 

Were lucky in reality. I actually dread to think how couples with jobs in retail etc , no support networks , 2 kids are going to manage this for 3 /4 months . terrible 

If the movers leave you in the shite give me a shout, I'll rent a wagon and come drive you up....as long as you pay for the wagon and buy my dinner on the drive up pal. 

• Like 4