Coronavirus

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

1 hour ago, timmytree said:

Covid 19 infected droplets can stay in the air for 3 hours, most drop to the ground fairly quickly but not all. So infected droplets in the air in a 5mph breeze, could travel 15 miles.

Suddenly all the spraying and decontamination we saw in China and elsewhere makes sense doesn't it?

We have had very strong winds for a good week or so lately.

A thermal can pick up grass 1000s of feet into the air very quickly.

So a droplet could be lifted in a very light thermal.

So it has the chance to spread a good distance before landing on anything really.

Car doors/roofs etc.

Then someone else coughs and the cycle is repeated.

Or is that a bit to much of a conspiracy theory..

Just been Asda for my crib stuff, car park 75% full, one in, one out 2m social distancing inside, took me half hour to get a basketful through checkout. Car booked in for mot tomoz, got a call from garage saying I'm ok to take it as I'm a key worker, wish I'd known about the extra 6 months thing yesterday ?

Cheers, D.

1 hour ago, timmytree said:

I read that as well, the figure was actually 15 million registered phones that haven't been used starting from January.

I get a nose bleed once it goes over 3 zeros mate,but you are right ?

32 minutes ago, king said:

We have had very strong winds for a good week or so lately.

A thermal can pick up grass 1000s of feet into the air very quickly.

So a droplet could be lifted in a very light thermal.

So it has the chance to spread a good distance before landing on anything really.

Car doors/roofs etc.

Then someone else coughs and the cycle is repeated.

Or is that a bit to much of a conspiracy theory..

All views are good views if they are well intended, it’s the shout people down to score a like brigade that ruin any sensible debate, ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, South hams hunter said:

Guys a f***ing clown! He makes it all sound like nothing and we are over reacting

Even a clown comes out with a few truths from time to time but an ignoramus will never hear them, the list of figures you have just produced give a mortality rate of 4.4 percent about double what most institutions are claiming, discuss???

1 hour ago, kanny said:

Two teenagers going around Galway city coughing in people, saying hope you die of coronavirus, what is wrong with this people, and where are their parents.

Stocks and a public whipping is needed for this scum 

Atb j 

• Sad 1
37 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

On the upside there should be a few more foxes about when the season starts up again. 

Definitely. A big shoot in South Cumbria has cancelled this season, said they can't risk ordering birds. The gun I was talking to said a few keepers have been laid off. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jetro said:

Two teenagers going around Galway city coughing in people, saying hope you die of coronavirus, what is wrong with this people, and where are their parents.

Stocks and a public whipping is needed for this scum 

Atb j 

Message to the page :

Hi just wanted to let ye know there are two youths who are first years in St Endas going around coughing on people and shouting " Hope you die of the Corona Viruse". Have contact garda in salthill. People can ye please report as this behaviour is not acceptable. There are alot of vulnerable people around and thugs like these need to be stopped

Scum bags

Atb j 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, MH1 said:

:good:

This bit is the game changer.

The UK government is aiming to relax restrictions on people’s movements only when the country has the ability to test more people for the virus, said Ferguson. Some have criticised the UK for not following the advice of the World Health Organization to “test, test, test”. But Ferguson said community testing and contact tracing wasn’t included as a possible strategy in the original modelling because not enough tests were available.

He said the UK should have the testing capacity “within a few weeks” to copy what South Korea has done and aggressively test and trace the general population.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Odin said:

How can they predict this?numbers still rising in Italy and spain

It's all to do with the incubation period that can be quite lengthy in this case  upto a fortnight, Italy's recent figures suggest that they are over the top of the hill now but whether this is down to  isolation or herd immunity isn't quite clear yet.

• Like 1