North v South

4 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Scampi Fries are lovely i often get half a dozen packs of them at motorway service stations ?

And stink everyone out of the motor ! ? 

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's wrong with liver. It's very good for you. Coated in flour black pepper and a salt, fryed in real butter, with home made brown bread,  The food for the gods Atb j 

I've spent half my life fishing in the lakes and it's stunning, someone mentioned life experiences and my best ones are there and on the beaches and in the sea in North Wales, travelled all over the w

I was working in a quarry on a dozer feeding a 1 mile long conveyor belt.through a big hopper. It was sandstone and gravel.The sandstone seem was about 2ft thick and I had to use the dozer ripper

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Smirnoff Ice or wkd ?

nah corona has a ok taste with lime if I’m drinking on holiday wedding etc it be vodka red bulls all the way lol 

I like the vodka, a bit to much ha, I like a bottle of budwieser if I'm having a beer at home, I'd probably go the pub once or twice a year and after a couple of pints I'd hit the vodka 

10 hours ago, WILF said:

Homo !........me and the wee man love liver !

Hearts, kidneys, Tongue.......proper grub !

My mum used to eat it raw with a bottle of Guinness!.....that’s totally true !

A mate had a farm next to her dad's farm, think rustic butch farmers daughter. She actually used to come digging with aswell and was handy with the pickaxe. Anyway.. if ever I called in around the lunch or dinner time, or gave her a hand, id be offered a place at the table, she raised limousin beef and always had a few veal calves on the go, for which she would always have orders for the meat, & I would guess not a bit else was wasted, ive tried all sorts at her table, must say veal heart was very surprisingly nice.

I asked my son what his favourite school dinner is, (french primary school) & beef tongue was his reply.

Anyone ever eaten tripe? had it a few times, the first time it was handsome, nice tomatoey saucy tripe stew, with french bread rubbed with raw garlic. Had it since a few times and it werent a patch on the 1st lot. They also do this tripe sausage, think its called andoulette or something similar - rank, stinks the house out when your cooking it.

An expat butcher I know asked me to get him a coypu, them big fcuk off rat things as a friend of his reminisced about when times were hard theyd make pate from them (like eating hedgehogs I guess). So about a fortnight ago I see him in the cafe and said id something for him, he wanted it fresh, so I put the cagetrap with this firey rat going dinlo into the back of his little car, 'well you wanted it fresh!' I told him. Anyway, he done 5 kilos of this pate mixed with pork and gave the half to his mate who was over the moon and told him it was excellent. He then went down to a few of his local bars/cafes at the weekend getting everyone to try it, I tell you something loads of folk have come up to me in the last week asking me to supply him with more! Went down a treat!

I think modern times we are all spoiled, everyone wants fillet steak or the latest trending meat, tomahawk steaks etc etc. Its all a bit emperors new clothes for me.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Waz said:

A mate had a farm next to her dad's farm, think rustic butch farmers daughter. She actually used to come digging with aswell and was handy with the pickaxe. Anyway.. if ever I called in around the lunch or dinner time, or gave her a hand, id be offered a place at the table, she raised limousin beef and always had a few veal calves on the go, for which she would always have orders for the meat, & I would guess not a bit else was wasted, ive tried all sorts at her table, must say veal heart was very surprisingly nice.

I asked my son what his favourite school dinner is, (french primary school) & beef tongue was his reply.

Anyone ever eaten tripe? had it a few times, the first time it was handsome, nice tomatoey saucy tripe stew, with french bread rubbed with raw garlic. Had it since a few times and it werent a patch on the 1st lot. They also do this tripe sausage, think its called andoulette or something similar - rank, stinks the house out when your cooking it.

An expat butcher I know asked me to get him a coypu, them big fcuk off rat things as a friend of his reminisced about when times were hard theyd make pate from them (like eating hedgehogs I guess). So about a fortnight ago I see him in the cafe and said id something for him, he wanted it fresh, so I put the cagetrap with this firey rat going dinlo into the back of his little car, 'well you wanted it fresh!' I told him. Anyway, he done 5 kilos of this pate mixed with pork and gave the half to his mate who was over the moon and told him it was excellent. He then went down to a few of his local bars/cafes at the weekend getting everyone to try it, I tell you something loads of folk have come up to me in the last week asking me to supply him with more! Went down a treat!

I think modern times we are all spoiled, everyone wants fillet steak or the latest trending meat, tomahawk steaks etc etc. Its all a bit emperors new clothes for me.

They have a version of that tomatoe tripe stew here. Bloody lovely when you've had a couple.

Crocodile in a garlic white wine sauce is crazy good. Tried loads of different bush meats but I'm guessing they were farm raised. Had that south African biltongue off a mate once, not sure what meat it was but it was home made with a spicy rub, not shop bought.

1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Me and my mate made our own biltong a few times using a plastic box and a heater . 

Was delicous and we made a lot for ourselves more than the shop bought bags give 

I try to do some every summer. Well, jerky. Got this cold smoker and then I finish drying on a netted wrack in the sun/fresh air. I tend to use a sauce based marinade rather than salt as well.

574723BA-6CF7-409B-BABB-AF55A7DB766A.png

D8678C78-2C23-4875-8DA9-05EC6CF40AC5.png

7BBD3405-6512-4F1A-9817-49D531619406.jpeg

• Like 4

Done Jerky in a dehydrator. Used Beef marinated skirt with loads of black pepper. Came out pretty much the same as the stuff you can buy. I tried Venison it was okay but a lot tougher think I need a better cut of meat to try that again.

P1200646.jpeg.4a949ef4a128ea1c5910809054f4e279.jpeg

P1200642.jpeg.430d194a54cf362ca5bdf2958fef7b4c.jpegP1200650.jpeg.594d03d05881236d4e9633e9ceb7c7c9.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Looks good is it really chewy ? Or crunchy?

Quite chewy mate, Venison tasted the same but was like boot leather Lol. Nice to have in your pocket if out for a mooch.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

I try to do some every summer. Well, jerky. Got this cold smoker and then I finish drying on a netted wrack in the sun/fresh air. I tend to use a sauce based marinade rather than salt as well.

574723BA-6CF7-409B-BABB-AF55A7DB766A.png

D8678C78-2C23-4875-8DA9-05EC6CF40AC5.png

7BBD3405-6512-4F1A-9817-49D531619406.jpeg

That looks like a handy smoker B.H.

Atb j