North v South

1 hour ago, South hams hunter said:

. The North is a shithole in comparison to Devon, Cornwall, Somerset and Dorset 

Was you ever in the Lake District mate?.......honestly, it’s breathtaking!

• Like 4

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's wrong with liver. It's very good for you. Coated in flour black pepper and a salt, fryed in real butter, with home made brown bread,  The food for the gods Atb j 

I've spent half my life fishing in the lakes and it's stunning, someone mentioned life experiences and my best ones are there and on the beaches and in the sea in North Wales, travelled all over the w

I was working in a quarry on a dozer feeding a 1 mile long conveyor belt.through a big hopper. It was sandstone and gravel.The sandstone seem was about 2ft thick and I had to use the dozer ripper

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, sid g said:

or the peaks , north yorks coast filey whitby robins hoods bay , some stunning castles and cathedrals , lincoln york warwick nottingham just to name a few ,  the list is endless 

I don’t know about them places mate and not trying to turn this into a religious thread but the lakes is one of the only places I have stood in my life and felt a genuine power and presence of something bigger than us........some spots are literally awesome.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

What about ' Weardale ' Teesdale ' North Yorks ' The Moors' Northumberland ' The Lake Distict ' Scottish Borders .

Most 30-60 mins from 

The Land Of The Prince Bishops

The Lake Distict and The Scottish Borders 2 hours max ?

Beaches - Forests ' Coastlines ' Castles and Fooking loads of History .

Not to mention the Fresh Air ☺️?

The north east is notorious about the quality of air ...

wasnt the opening sequence of blade runner based on the night views of Ridley Scott growing up in the north east? 

Middlesboro? 

Not to mention the entire dog shit strewn streets of Hartlepool 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, WILF said:

I don’t know about them places mate and not trying to turn this into a religious thread but the lakes is one of the only places I have stood in my life and felt a genuine power and presence of something bigger than us........some spots are literally awesome.

Was that when you met me at troutbeck and told you could call me Troy colossus ? 

• Haha 1
56 minutes ago, WILF said:

Did you have this type of feeling wilf..

epiphany.gif.9731decff4159f2800d3fc376d5d6f96.gif

38 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Highlands are the same ?

The lakes and the highlands are the two places I have been in awe of ,I know where wilf is coming from a truly reverential experience ,more than just nice scenery ,special places ,,,Cornwall and Dorset would take  some beating to live in ,beautiful places .

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Astanley said:

The lakes and the highlands are the two places I have been in awe of ,I know where wilf is coming from a truly reverential experience ,more than just nice scenery ,special places ,,,Cornwall and Dorset would take  some beating to live in ,beautiful places .

I've posted this before and it deserves another posting..

As it puts your words into film astanley..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

We swimming in the North Sea all year round ' we used to it .

Unlike them hammers Back when ☺️

Max you have been fishing all day maybe it's best to lay off buddy especially about family's like you have been having go  with dc  on another thread because after your last melt down were your threatening to batter lads and meet up with them when you get back of your jollys you can go to far max instead bang some pics up of your holiday some scenery or the Mrs and little un enjoying themselves that would be better than most of your posts 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 2

Max yes you have been fishing all day with wilf nash and a few others and max you did have a melt down and to fair you brought that on yourself even though it wasn't nice to see carry on with your silly name calling and you never did answer my questions 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, maxhardcore said:

Re making a c**t of ones self 

I'm not the one  arguing the toss

re Languages and dialects with a professor of languages and dialects .

Then again I'm not suprised as 

you think your a encyclopaedia 

on anything and everything .

The Truth is your spending far to 

much time on here' your Never away from the place 24/7 ?

I wasn’t arguing with a professor, I was just putting you right......take it or leave it.

Don’t worry about what I’m doing, I’m retired so I can pretty much spend as much time doing whatever I please. ;) 

• Like 1