North v South

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's wrong with liver. It's very good for you. Coated in flour black pepper and a salt, fryed in real butter, with home made brown bread,  The food for the gods Atb j 

I've spent half my life fishing in the lakes and it's stunning, someone mentioned life experiences and my best ones are there and on the beaches and in the sea in North Wales, travelled all over the w

I was working in a quarry on a dozer feeding a 1 mile long conveyor belt.through a big hopper. It was sandstone and gravel.The sandstone seem was about 2ft thick and I had to use the dozer ripper

Posted Images

I have hunted all over the UK so I guess when deciding who is friendlier I'm only talking about hunting people. As much as it pains me to say it they are friendliest down south. I have found the most pig ignorant in the Lake District. Many a time I have set off walking back to the meet in the pissing rain to have dozens of hunting cars and land rovers drive past, many with just one person in. When someone does stop to give you a lift it's always visitor from down south. 

On a day to day basis I'd say the big southern towns and cities are less friendly. With northern towns and cities following close behind in being nearly as unfriendly . Small northern towns seem to be very friendly especially when not swamped by foreigners. 

I like exmoor and Devon and have always been made to feel welcome there but I'm mixing with sporting people so maybe that effects it. 

In the great civil war I'd start off being loyal to the North but if our military commanders are to influenced by pakis and scouser or other far left influences I may defect to the west country who I think could hold out as an independent state with being protected by water on 3 sides 

• Like 5

I think it's stupid to say one area as whole is friendlier than another... there are c**ts in the North and South, in every town and city...

London is always dragged in as the only place in the South, I personally love London, I couldn't live there, but I go a lot with work and social...its just over 2 hours from Exeter to Paddington on the train, piece of piss to get to.

All this Londonstan is bollocks when you compare some of the cities in the North and Midlands, the change in places like Bradford, Rotherham, Birmingham etc is just the same... London has always been a huge multicultural city, it's not good in some areas I agree, with black on black knife crime obviously a huge talking point....but dont tell me the changes in these Northern cities over the last 30 or 40 years aren't just as harsh, maybe even more so..

• Like 6
28 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

And Southerners tend to be Right tight arsed skinflints who knock the gas off when turning the bacon over ?

Its surprising where you may find acts of kindness and from who....

Geography certainly doesn't dictate that...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Yep most def but all in all the North is much more friendly and laid back than the south .

A lot more welcoming and less stuck up theirs own arses par for course ?

Oh and a much better sense of humour ?

I find a lot of Northeners funny...

You're a bit predictable with your humour, boring even...but I wouldn't judge the North on one man..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Cracks me up all these doseys from forgotten little northern towns who have absolutely zero life experience saying " yes but northerners are much more friendly " ?

Who gives a f**k about making friends theres money in the south thats not in the north and grooming gangs in the north thats not in the south.........take your pick ! 

• Like 9