North v South

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's wrong with liver. It's very good for you. Coated in flour black pepper and a salt, fryed in real butter, with home made brown bread,  The food for the gods Atb j 

I've spent half my life fishing in the lakes and it's stunning, someone mentioned life experiences and my best ones are there and on the beaches and in the sea in North Wales, travelled all over the w

I was working in a quarry on a dozer feeding a 1 mile long conveyor belt.through a big hopper. It was sandstone and gravel.The sandstone seem was about 2ft thick and I had to use the dozer ripper

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I've just come back from a weekend down there, I just love it. Got some spear fishing kit arriving this week and already planning which coves I'm going to trek to and maybe spend the odd night at in the summer. The quality of sport down there is top class for most fieldsports. The coast is second to none, the weather is better. And the people don't have a chip on their shoulder with the other half of the country!

I don't mind the North at all, some belting places, but I'd be a liar if I pretended to not favour the South.

When your next down give me a shout, I'll get you a day out on the kayaks...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
48 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Which way would the Midlands go? Well I prefer the South West over anywhere else I've been on this island so this Midlander would choose the South.

And for all the shit folks talk about London it's probably our best city for a tourist.

I'd be happy for the south West to have the Midlands tbh  lol but anything North of Birmingham is considered the North I think.

One thing id certainly pick south over north is beaches.....some of them down Cornwall/Devon rival anything abroad as far as im concerned.....just a shame the weather aint a bit better......but even thats still better than the north ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Just now, keepdiggin said:

I'd be happy for the south West to have the Midlands tbh  lol but anything North of Birmingham is considered the North I think.

f**k off we aint having them yam yams...........historically Watford Gap is the dividing line we,ll leave it at that.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

You can have Birmingham then and leave the East Mids south of the border! :laugh:

Can I suggest letting the sea reclaim East Anglia while we're at it?

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I've just come back from a weekend down there, I just love it. Got some spear fishing kit arriving this week and already planning which coves I'm going to trek to and maybe spend the odd night at in the summer. The quality of sport down there is top class for most fieldsports. The coast is second to none, the weather is better. And the people don't have a chip on their shoulder with the other half of the country!

I don't mind the North at all, some belting places, but I'd be a liar if I pretended to not favour the South.

I was looking at spear fishing kit a few years ago to take to Cornwall.

And ended up looking at a forum I think it was.

And allways remember a lad saying he goes spear fishing at night with a powerful torch.

And he could hear whale sounds through the night..

Now that must be some experience in the dark listening to that. 

And a bit scary thinking what is just outside the lamp beam watching you lol..

Fair play to the Iad...

• Like 2
Just now, king said:

I was looking at spear fishing kit a few years ago to take to Cornwall.

And ended up looking at a forum I think it was.

And allways remember a lad saying he goes spear fishing at night with a powerful torch.

And he could hear whale sounds through the night..

Now that must be some experience in the dark listening to that. 

And a bit scary thinking what is just outside the lamp beam watching you lol..

Fair play to the Iad...

Yeah I've read about night dives, not sure I'm ready for that! :laugh:

If I heard whales (probably humpbacks) singing then I'd be absolutely made up. Hope to bump into some seals one day too.

13 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

London's a great place to visit but duck living there. Worked all over the smoke and all the best people must of left full of yuppies and foreigners imo

I'm the same mate, worked up there a lot over the years and probably there at least once a month I'd say...not for me to live there, I like to dip in and then f**k off back to normality!! Lol...

I find people pretty friendly in the main.. we turned up at a small pub just down from Paddington, me and my brother went in for a pint, whilst girls were getting ready...ended up having q few and a good crack, on the Sunday went back in and the landlord (an italian) offered us tickets for a big motor show his wife worked at, the locals were good and we had a top day...since my mrs has been back for work stats local and goes in, weve been in with the kids for a roast and the landlord puts a pint infront of me as soon as I see him, makes a fuss of the kids etc...unfriendly?? No chance.... of course theres a load of twats as well, theres bound to be amongst 8 million odd people lol

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Yeah I've read about night dives, not sure I'm ready for that! :laugh:

If I heard whales (probably humpbacks) singing then I'd be absolutely made up. Hope to bump into some seals one day too.

Beautiful down Cornwall..

Yea hearing whales must be some experience.you would never forget that. 

Get down there in the summer mate..

Little bbq on the beach to cook the catch.proper living the dream stuff right there...

I have been all over England and also a fair few places in Ireland, Scotland and Wales and I have got on with people wherever I have been.

If you can string a sentence together and are open and friendly and generally not trying to be something you ain’t then you will get along with people.

You encounter pricks all over the show, wether it be ignorant or chip on their shoulder types but you can only f**k em off and take them for the idiot they probably are.

You can’t beat rural southern England imho closely followed by the lakes and Scotland.

Strive to be a nice man and act like a gent, ignore the gobshites and you will get on wherever you go.

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I'm the same mate, worked up there a lot over the years and probably there at least once a month I'd say...not for me to live there, I like to dip in and then f**k off back to normality!! Lol...

I find people pretty friendly in the main.. we turned up at a small pub just down from Paddington, me and my brother went in for a pint, whilst girls were getting ready...ended up having q few and a good crack, on the Sunday went back in and the landlord (an italian) offered us tickets for a big motor show his wife worked at, the locals were good and we had a top day...since my mrs has been back for work stats local and goes in, weve been in with the kids for a roast and the landlord puts a pint infront of me as soon as I see him, makes a fuss of the kids etc...unfriendly?? No chance.... of course theres a load of twats as well, theres bound to be amongst 8 million odd people lol

The reality of any capital city is if you are one of lifes quiet,timid reserved types you are not going to attract gregarious good natured people and your probably going to come away thinking folk are unfriendly.........if on the other hand you are a confident,outgoing sociable person with a little bit about you your going to come away with an altogether better experience.......like anything in life you get out what you put in its not rocket science.

• Like 4