Terrier work in the USA - Photos and Stories.

38 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

If your seriously saying a terrier can’t do 3 hours graft mate then I suggest you get your sorry arse on a plane to Blighty ASAP (COVID permitting ) 

You seem very wrapped up in the apt thing mate .I get the passion but apt has never been a digging type dog and for adding to terrier wtf .No one in their right mind adds leggy apt to a working terrier .Staffie has and still is added for reasons known only to those adding it and the right staff at that not infused with apt .

Weve had numerous digs over 3 hours ,few all dayers to nearly all types of terrier not just the blacks .

Serious terriermen wouldn’t bat an eye lid at 3 hours .It’s not only the deep digs that take time but substrate in various parts of our country won’t allow for a swift dig .Personally I like to let a dog settle properly before digging ,anything from 15 minutes to 30 depending on what I hear or the box says .

If you want to talk working terriers on a working terrier forum then do so but please take time to study our culture before trying to take the piss out of it .

We arnt permitted to fight dogs here and rightly so in my mind so your preaching to a majority that know nothing about it nor care to BUT there is a wealth of knowledge on here regarding working terriers that earn their keep under the sod ,for however long it takes to do the job .

I would love to know how saying that as a whole and on average the game bred bulldog is going to produce more dog that prove game than any other breed is talk crap about your culture. Time and time again guys on this forum have said that the terriers job usually isn’t getting into a scrap. So when one dog has been specifically bred for the last 200 or so years to engage in combat where the rules that are most often used are designed for the gamest out of the two I truly don’t understand how a person wouldn’t agree 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a call from a farmer who's got trouble with beaver flooding his cotton field.He asked me to take a look.Its a small swamp but I took a few pictures.Theres a terrier in this first picture.

I will post some pictures good enough for public viewfrom this season.I will not reply to fighting or crying.The third picture down was in a rangy place.I located the bitch 200 yards from entrance wit

Barn Hunting with a group of friends in Iowa February 2001. Racoons are widely regarded as pests and do a considerable amount of damage. They damage farmer's crops and get into barns where t

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

f**k off you obnoxious c**t .

Wow you have seriously issues dude getting this emotional about what someone who you don’t know from a whole in the wall and thinks is an ass. Really shouldn’t be that way 

It’s an argument about dogs are you kidding it’s not that serious 

Dead game and game arnt to be confused .Nobody wants a dead game terrier ,would be useless .You have the option to stop whatever is occurring albeit tricky in the fight game whereas a terrier to ground is there till dug to ,out of our hands .

Comparing the two is silly and childish .APT is not a digging dog ,working terriers fight but are not fighting dogs .

If Apt is your world get on one of the baddass pit sites that litter the net . 
If you want to learn about working terriers stick around ,say nothing and learn .

7 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Dead game and game arnt to be confused .Nobody wants a dead game terrier ,would be useless .You have the option to stop whatever is occurring albeit tricky in the fight game whereas a terrier to ground is there till dug to ,out of our hands .

Comparing the two is silly and childish .APT is not a digging dog ,working terriers fight but are not fighting dogs .

If Apt is your world get on one of the baddass pit sites that litter the net . 
If you want to learn about working terriers stick around ,say nothing and learn .

All the best my friend carry on

9 minutes ago, Bolero said:

I would love to know how saying that as a whole and on average the game bred bulldog is going to produce more dog that prove game than any other breed is talk crap about your culture. Time and time again guys on this forum have said that the terriers job usually isn’t getting into a scrap. So when one dog has been specifically bred for the last 200 or so years to engage in combat where the rules that are most often used are designed for the gamest out of the two I truly don’t understand how a person wouldn’t agree 

We don’t use apt for terrier cross mate .Over a greyhound yes .We all agree or most do that apt is badass .They are paraded around here on most council estates ,are the dog most likely to be involved with a serious bite and are required to be muzzled in public by law I think .

The working terriers does not  require the dead game attributes of apt ,it requires the gameness to stay against a foe up to 3 times its weight .

Just now, foxdropper said:

We don’t use apt for terrier cross mate .Over a greyhound yes .We all agree or most do that apt is badass .They are paraded around here on most council estates ,are the dog most likely to be involved with a serious bite and are required to be muzzled in public by law I think .

The working terriers does not  require the dead game attributes of apt ,it requires the gameness to stay against a foe up to 3 times its weight .

Last thing i am going to say. Apparently yo didn’t really read the other post. Not even once did say a single thing about crossing them into the terrier or any other dog for that matter. I would not say something so completely ridiculous. The only topic I have posted about was based on the comments made by whoever it was saying that the APBT isn’t game and and isn’t supposed to be and then said working terriers are more game. All the other crap you’re on about is nothing that I have said 

Just now, baker boy said:

So you're not going to reply to my question or share with us your extensive knowledge of working terriers to ground

I honestly jut don’t care. And I never once made any claim as far as my knowledge of working terriers to ground goes. And my knowledge on that subject is really not that important for the argument I was making as anyone who is even moderately intelligent would be able to have the very basic understanding of the type of work for me to make my argument. 

And there is really not a reason to keep this conversation going as its not go anywhere. Peace be with you my friend 

13 minutes ago, Bolero said:

Last thing i am going to say. Apparently yo didn’t really read the other post. Not even once did say a single thing about crossing them into the terrier or any other dog for that matter. I would not say something so completely ridiculous. The only topic I have posted about was based on the comments made by whoever it was saying that the APBT isn’t game and and isn’t supposed to be and then said working terriers are more game. All the other crap you’re on about is nothing that I have said 

Their not as game as a good terrier ,game to an extent but not truly game.

19 minutes ago, Bolero said:

I’m afraid last words are my domain .

• Haha 3
4 minutes ago, baker boy said:

So you're commenting on something you know fck all about, another reading/watching expert

Or Maybe I’m not an absolute moron and i have the ability general knowledge to know that working terriers to ground and matching dogs and which would require a more game individual. Plus the fact only one of the two dogs has been bred for the very specific traits to a much higher degree than other. It ain’t rocket science buddy. If that sort of of thing is to had on your old noggin that’s not my fault 

1 minute ago, baker boy said:

You know fck all about working terriers, your comments on them are vague and ignorant, tells me all I need to know, you have a nice day now

That is what i would say to once I realized that sometimes a common sense basic understanding of working dogs in general is all that’s needed occasionally for certain topics. It’s probably for best is imagine you was probably starting to get a small headache from to needing to think to much. Good Day sir 

32 minutes ago, Bolero said:

Or Maybe I’m not an absolute moron and i have the ability general knowledge to know that working terriers to ground and matching dogs and which would require a more game individual. Plus the fact only one of the two dogs has been bred for the very specific traits to a much higher degree than other. It ain’t rocket science buddy. If that sort of of thing is to had on your old noggin that’s not my fault 

there were Bulldog and there were terriers and then there were bull and terriers then  bull terriers from many different areas and then some hundred years later there were apbt,  I think you may find working terriers and gameness predates  the pit dog 

Edited by Glyn.....
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1