Terrier work in the USA - Photos and Stories.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a call from a farmer who's got trouble with beaver flooding his cotton field.He asked me to take a look.Its a small swamp but I took a few pictures.Theres a terrier in this first picture.

I will post some pictures good enough for public viewfrom this season.I will not reply to fighting or crying.The third picture down was in a rangy place.I located the bitch 200 yards from entrance wit

Barn Hunting with a group of friends in Iowa February 2001. Racoons are widely regarded as pests and do a considerable amount of damage. They damage farmer's crops and get into barns where t

Posted Images

I ordered the jack pyke roe sack but it will not arrive until February so it will be useful next year.Thanks again Mr Barrie.

As I am an inpatient sort I wanted something to use over the next few weeks so I went to a local pet store and bought a fur mommy purse?

Screenshot_20201222-122022.png.78daf9e33d294a3bb840f1406b6581f0.png

The small older terriers did good.

Screenshot_20201222-122051.png.45888030489ac62178f013e5e7cc12ac.pngthe yearling terriers wore me out fighting with them worse than if I had dug all day. 15 lb terrier is about maximum size that will fit.My wife who took the pictures said,Damn you rickshaw,We been together 20 years and raised 2 kids and you never once toted a diaper bag ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
54 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

I ordered the jack pyke roe sack but it will not arrive until February so it will be useful next year.Thanks again Mr Barrie.

As I am an inpatient sort I wanted something to use over the next few weeks so I went to a local pet store and bought a fur mommy purse?

Screenshot_20201222-122022.png.78daf9e33d294a3bb840f1406b6581f0.png

The small older terriers did good.

Screenshot_20201222-122051.png.45888030489ac62178f013e5e7cc12ac.pngthe yearling terriers wore me out fighting with them worse than if I had dug all day. 15 lb terrier is about maximum size that will fit.My wife who took the pictures said,Damn you rickshaw,We been together 20 years and raised 2 kids and you never once toted a diaper bag ?

Why are u carting terriers round in a bag mate

On 20/12/2020 at 13:56, baker boy said:

Some, not all are fighting or fast from the minute they make contact until breaking thru, not a trait I want in a terrier working but it is there, I agree with the apples and oranges

& then do it all again asap after ;)

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Why are u carting terriers round in a bag mate

Alot of the swamps I have to cross is waist deep and I walk alot of miles from set to set .The water temperature this time of year is only a few degrees above freezing.It will drain the energy from a terrier faster than a dig in my opinion.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Alot of the swamps I have to cross is waist deep and I walk alot of miles from set to set .The water temperature this time of year is only a few degrees above freezing.It will drain the energy from a terrier faster than a dig in my opinion.

Makes sense that does. I remember me and me pal nearly lost a few dogs once walking through some flooded lakes to get out the other side the dirty water and chill done them alot of harmt hey wasnt right for a good while

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Fair play what about yourself tho your bollox must be hiding half way up your arse shivering ?

• Haha 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I took another 15 month old pup out for his first time in the swamp.Watching a young terrier who has seen nothing,enter the earth ,simply because his DNA tells him too, amazes me every time.

Just a possum dug shallow but the pup did what he should.

Screenshot_20210108-150757.png.001837d0d71e4a18c61b150aeb915a3e.png

Few pics from today 

I hope y'all enjoy this one.I nearly lost a hand trying to take the picture?  Roughly 50 lb beaver .

Screenshot_20210108-150808.png.a7765aa166191b7beaa650fbb7e61a8f.pngScreenshot_20210108-150821.png.52959369b6cc7a716d7af813c9605cc3.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5