Deerhounds

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lovely old running dogs,...I'm pleased that a few lads still fancy owning some of these beautiful animals.. My old stock were bred directly off an Ardkinglas Deerhound dog over a tremendously wel

There you go shark ?genuine articles ?

nice ttle film that mick.....what just shows them deerhounds back then ...looked more like the half crosses of today....

Posted Images

1 hour ago, sandymere said:

"more bright" ?. According to THLs very own Galileo Galilei.

?

Any film of deerhounds coursing Billy? 

But back to the subject in hand deerhounds. I feel that at 30" they have just become to big, basically show dogs, any that do manage do so more in spite of rather than because of their size. Go back to real working animals and you find nearer 26". At that time they likely could to Moore than exercise a hare. ?

I would break them simple ghay would not be able ta take the style of work I would expect atb bill

Just now, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’ve seen a few coursing types mates to deerhound greys and they were decent at most things 

and that’s the only way I would ever see myself owning one to be honest 

nice f1 bitch back to a string coursing dog , staghound type build , broken coated and tough 

That storm we had bred by whin covered a f1 some went round Nottinghamshire Derbyshire  area atb bill

2 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

So not over a coursing type then ?? 

Im not a fan of collie mixed in with deerhound at all to be honest as the ones I’ve seen have been very average 

No. The storm was mostly coursing bred very well bred  ery good jukel in himself  atb bill

1 hour ago, billhardy said:

Sandy I k ow full well about size limitations etc etc  who wants something thirty two inch fa a runner any way  ya being very naive  get a grip go put the sunbed on and heat lamp fa yaself and them galagos frosty night afoot atb bill

I've heard there be snowy mountains in Spain Billy ???☃️

• Like 1
1 hour ago, billhardy said:

There's just been a deerhound xs bulldozer type courser sold fa strong wonga  young animal doing well killing threes long ears loads in tank  nice type atb bill

I 'think' i'd like to own a dog of this type...?

2 hours ago, billhardy said:

Listen fa what it's worth going off track abit I seen alsation xs pull reds it's not a out how big one's ego his fa me I rarely fail with jukels or any livestock fa that matter so there we go. Hell keep. The bottom of the bed wRm atb bill

How many were on it bill 

21 hours ago, shaaark said:

Same as most of these bull crosses around at moment. Alot of the time, even if it's only got an 1/8th bull blood, it's a 'bull cross' lol. Said dog might be a cracker, but it aint a bull cross

So if it's only got bull terrier and greyhound in it what is it then a greyhound x

9 hours ago, baker boy said:

Didnt it go to his son in law, I think the pup I gave him just before he died went to him

I don’t know mate because nobody got back to me I was supposed to go out  digging with him before he died as we were going to meet up at the great Yorkshire show as he was judging the border terriers there.i know he told me loads of people were wanting the bitch off him as she was a stunning looking dog and a very fast one at that.she was called Bess.

Edited by lurchers