Deerhounds

6 hours ago, poxon said:

Not all greyhounds mate some can be rather small an through rather small offspring because of what’s in there line but I get what ya saying I think coat,temperament an super size is going to even the odds of large offspring over a greyhound

Seen f1 bitches make 25 tall males up to31 a small compact grey was 25 they followed the dam in her her height atb bill

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lovely old running dogs,...I'm pleased that a few lads still fancy owning some of these beautiful animals.. My old stock were bred directly off an Ardkinglas Deerhound dog over a tremendously wel

There you go shark ?genuine articles ?

nice ttle film that mick.....what just shows them deerhounds back then ...looked more like the half crosses of today....

Posted Images

7 hours ago, sandymere said:

Doesn't the modern greyhound bring the power, speed and size? That just leaves the coat..... Which comes back to aesthetic appeal. 

Deerhound ain't dull way more bright than a galgo  shitty wet cold nights won't hinder them we in Britain not fecking Spain. Sandy. Ya like that fecki g cor byn a traitor that need putting in fro t of a firing squad the fecking traitor lol atb bill

• Haha 7
27 minutes ago, billhardy said:

Andy baron stuff was good stock ardinglass base I believe atb bill

Andy barrons from I seen was shit I’ve only come back on here because of this thread,we had a Andy Barron dog out one night with our deerhoundxgreyhounds and it was the biggest pile of crap I had seen in the breed.we done a all nighter then daytime to see if it could do the job and guess what I wouldn’t of give it kennel room.all of ours were doxhope bred 1st and 2nd crosses they were keen at 12mths on everything if you treat them like a normal lurcher.the last one I had come from John slack stuff but I knew were the dog come from and they never let you down either.i put a whippet over my last doxhope bitch back in 2001 the bitches made 23tts and the dogs 25tts everyone who got one was well pleased with them and they done teeth without hesitation most people crab them like they do with border terriers saying they take ages to come on but they have never owned either.treat them like a normal working dog and you will get a shock.here is a pic of slack stuff and the one off doxhope back onto a whippet which I sent the dam to Jeff fenorolli for hole ending with his doxhope dog.i ran these for over 20yrs and like I said they all done what you wanted them to do by the time they were 2yrs old.by the way bill I don’t know you would try knight school to learn English on how to spell as feck me your English is crap enjoy.

4AF48B84-4370-4879-A2B1-4783EF4E7C3A.png

6D93496E-A987-4EA0-96D1-9D09481D3201.png

9B0012BF-44F6-4C5A-BD1A-BE9071A54AD1.png

6376A8AA-DEF9-476E-9E82-3EA624150C29.png

• Like 4

Ut that tells me whT you say you had experience of one Andy barron there were lots thT did not fail my English his may be broken lurcher  but hey who gives a feck da what it's worth I'll put a smile on your face my deerhound cookland base  I hope comes gas fine has you say  he's hoping no guarantees with nothing but that post of yours put a daz sme one face we had a second generation doxehopef1 ta f1 she was okay twenty six  but that wS it okay dogs for ya hey atb bill

45 minutes ago, billhardy said:

The reason I gone down the deerhound route this time around his I  like a stroll in country side doin NG abit game fairs summer time  when ya done ya done atb bill

Most normal people retire with a whippet bill that lives in the house but you go for a deerhound greyhound ????

15 hours ago, billhardy said:

Deerhound ain't dull way more bright than a galgo  shitty wet cold nights won't hinder them we in Britain not fecking Spain. Sandy. Ya like that fecki g cor byn a traitor that need putting in fro t of a firing squad the fecking traitor lol atb bill

"more bright" ?. According to THLs very own Galileo Galilei.

?

Any film of deerhounds coursing Billy? 

But back to the subject in hand deerhounds. I feel that at 30" they have just become to big, basically show dogs, any that do manage do so more in spite of rather than because of their size. Go back to real working animals and you find nearer 26". At that time they likely could do more than exercise a hare. ?

Edited by sandymere
Spelling, I'll have the translater after me else ...
11 hours ago, billhardy said:

Ut that tells me whT you say you had experience of one Andy barron there were lots thT did not fail my English his may be broken lurcher  but hey who gives a feck da what it's worth I'll put a smile on your face my deerhound cookland base  I hope comes gas fine has you say  he's hoping no guarantees with nothing but that post of yours put a daz sme one face we had a second generation doxehopef1 ta f1 she was okay twenty six  but that wS it okay dogs for ya hey atb bill

Plus if ya look in darcys 1st book he brought out you will se a doxhope bitch that was one of the dogs that pulled the 2 deer the story is about a dog called fly,bullx bitch which was a fast dog but a pile of crap the deerhoundx was a doxhope dog and as for Copeland dogs he has never worked one in his life just a peddler who jumped on the band wagon like Andy Barron.but I hope the dog does you proud as they are a good house dog to.

Edited by lurchers
  • Like 2