Help me with some London trip ideas please gents.

4 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

They were both fantastic pie shops the one at the old club row market end was a great shop but I always favoured the one at the Roman road end, as you say the market was really good I had a few mates live that end and we used to go in a pub and watch comedians and what not good days, and your right Nathan’s was a good un as well.

Just too add the Pie & Mash on Canvey is supplied by Maureen’s at Crisp Street Poplar it’s not too bad you probably know that anyway I’d bet money you’ve been there ?

Liked maureens but the parking and tickets made it hard work , got a £65 ticket parking in a loading bay when eating a manzies once expensive pie n mash that one lol 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Haha 1

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your not going to be amongst proper Londoners in Central London your going to be amongst people like you....tourists ? If your starting off right over in Paddington why dont you get yourself a tr

Well enjoyed our trip, it was an intensive fly by the seat of your pants job. As it was two half days and one night...we did serious miles considering I have a 6 and 8 yr old, managed lunch at a Leban

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

They were both fantastic pie shops the one at the old club row market end was a great shop but I always favoured the one at the Roman road end, as you say the market was really good I had a few mates live that end and we used to go in a pub and watch comedians and what not good days, and your right Nathan’s was a good un as well.

Just too add the Pie & Mash on Canvey is supplied by Maureen’s at Crisp Street Poplar it’s not too bad you probably know that anyway I’d bet money you’ve been there ?

Do they do salt beef n pastrami sarnies at Maureen s canvey ? 

14 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Liked maureens but the parking and tickets made it hard work , got a £65 ticket parking in a loading bay when eating a manzies once expensive pie n mash that one lol 

I used to go to Pattersons right in the corner on the main East India Dock Road I don’t know if Maureen’s took Pattersons over I used to live in Sturry street for a while 2 minute walk away.

I had my greatest blow out in Pattersons 5 pies 5 mash they served the liquor and mash up in eel bowls as there was no room on my plate ? oh and I done the lot ? 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

I used to go to Pattersons right in the corner on the main East India Dock Road I don’t know if Maureen’s took Pattersons over I used to live in Sturry street for a while 2 minute walk away.

I had my greatest blow out in Pattersons 5 pies 5 mash they served the liquor and mash up in eel bowls as there was no room on my plate ? oh and I done the lot ? 

Sleep after I bet ?

On 08/03/2022 at 12:21, WILF said:

I have not had pie and mash in 7 years and people keep bringing it up…..b*****ds ! 

I'm not surprised, it looks disgusting (to me).

Cheers, D.

• Haha 3

I had planned a fishing trip to Loch tay in March but as the ghille is now booked up for the month I'm thinking I'll take my youngest away for the night and after reading this thread I'm thinking London. Problem is he's got mates birthday parties every bloody weekend. 

Thinking I'll just let him throw a sicky for 2 days and take him out of school....or do I ask permission from the head teacher? If I ask and they say no jobs fcked. 

• 7 months later...
8 minutes ago, FairLaw said:

Which hotel did you end up staying in @Jonjon79?

I'm off down there in a couple of week.

Christ mate - that was 3 years ago.

........ If I remember rightly, we changed plans and went out in Reading because we know the area better.

I've got family in Penge but, I'd still rather dodge the area.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, FairLaw said:

I'm not fussed about anything fancy, as long as it's clean enough and I'm a decent location it will do for me, Premier Inn it is then.

If your looking for digs ,pop your head in the East end and call gnasher a c**t .

• Haha 3